This can't be happening!?--Service Driver Assist System
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By '12CTSman
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, This can't be happening!?--Service Driver Assist System in Cadillac SRX Forums; I purposely bought the '13 SRX for the DA system and now this. This will be the third, in my ...
    '12CTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX AWD Premium

This can't be happening!?--Service Driver Assist System

I purposely bought the '13 SRX for the DA system and now this. This will be the third, in my mind, major problem I've had since I bought it 31 May 2013 and I have less than 9000 miles on the odometer. What really chaps my ass is that we are headed to the southern missions tomorrow. So, I will have to waste my time arranging an appointment and then driving more than an hour round trip to get it fixed, hopefully the first time. Oh, the automatic rear breaking kicked in several times (for the 1st time, no less) yesterday when there was nothing behind me and then the message appeared. I know, I know these high tech systems break down, but come on already. Cadillac, you are losing a loyal customer fast.

Update: I did a Google map search and there is an Acura dealership next to the Cadillac dealership. Karma? Maybe another excellent "problem-free" Acura in the near future for me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

westham is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

Re: This can't be happening!?--Service Driver Assist System

WOW what a let down for you, I feel your frustration.

retcad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Me as well. At least it's under warranty. But the third major problem? Not what new Caddys are supposed to do.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by retcad View Post
    Me as well. At least it's under warranty. But the third major problem? Not what new Caddys are supposed to do.
    How could it be you as well? Your profile says you own a 2010 and the Driver's Assist package isn't available on that model.

In any event, it doesn't surprise me. It seems Cadillac can't release something "new" and get it right. The 2010 was a perfect example. I had so many problems with that model year. You would think they would learn that early releases that are buggy just runs customers off. But I guess it doesn't work that way anymore or they surely wouldn't do it. But I must be "old school" because my 2010 experience has left me lacking to the point that I will never buy another GM product. Sorry if this is a broken record but I tire of hearing about later model SRXs having issues when they should have learned by now.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Steve, I think retcad just means he feels his frustration.

I'm in the same boat CTS Man. Except with the Adaptive Cruise Control that the dealer hasn't been able to fix, and its been a problem since brand new!
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Update: Saturday morning on the start of our trip the service DA message was still showing, but after stopping for gas and starting up again the message was gone. However, shortly afterwards going 75 mph on the Interstate I got the "Adaptive Cruise Control Temporarily Unavailable" message and the SRX abruptly slowed. I then found out that there is no back up regular cruise control like I had on my '11 ZDX and '13 SHO. So, I had to drive an hour or so in bumper to bumper traffic with no CC of any kind. My wife came to the rescue by reading the manual saying the sensors on the front and rear bumpers could be dirty, or a dirty radar sensor, or dirty windshield could be causing the problem. I quick stop at a rest area and cleaning the 8 sensors on my salt encrusted bumpers and the Cadillac shield and all was well, including the lane departure feature, which was also not working. However, last night I noticed the rear cross traffic/backing alert is now not working. I was hoping to avoid a trip to the dealership down here, but no such luck it seems. I am definitely getting rid of the SRX when we get back home. Enough is enough.

retcad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Westham said she felt CT's frustration and I merely 2nd the motion. Regardless of the year or features, constant issues with an expensive car, particularly a new one, are extremely frustrating.

Maxplot is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium ATS 3.6 - Crystal Red, 2013 SRX Platinum Ice

Quote Originally Posted by '12CTSman View Post
    Update: Saturday morning on the start of our trip the service DA message was still showing, but after stopping for gas and starting up again the message was gone. However, shortly afterwards going 75 mph on the Interstate I got the "Adaptive Cruise Control Temporarily Unavailable" message and the SRX abruptly slowed. I then found out that there is no back up regular cruise control like I had on my '11 ZDX and '13 SHO. So, I had to drive an hour or so in bumper to bumper traffic with no CC of any kind. My wife came to the rescue by reading the manual saying the sensors on the front and rear bumpers could be dirty, or a dirty radar sensor, or dirty windshield could be causing the problem. I quick stop at a rest area and cleaning the 8 sensors on my salt encrusted bumpers and the Cadillac shield and all was well, including the lane departure feature, which was also not working. However, last night I noticed the rear cross traffic/backing alert is now not working. I was hoping to avoid a trip to the dealership down here, but no such luck it seems. I am definitely getting rid of the SRX when we get back home. Enough is enough.
    Sounds like you just need to drive through a car wash once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxplot View Post
    Sounds like you just need to drive through a car wash once in a while.
    I didn't think of that. Thanks.
    allgm likes this.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

I purposely bought the '13 SRX for the DA system and now this. This will be the third, in my mind, major problem I've had since I bought it 31 May 2013 and I have less than 9000 miles on the odometer. What really chaps my ass is that we are headed to the southern missions tomorrow. So, I will have to waste my time arranging an appointment and then driving more than an hour round trip to get it fixed, hopefully the first time. Oh, the automatic rear breaking kicked in several times (for the 1st time, no less) yesterday when there was nothing behind me and then the message appeared. I know, I know these high tech systems break down, but come on already. Cadillac, you are losing a loyal customer fast.

Update: I did a Google map search and there is an Acura dealership next to the Cadillac dealership. Karma? Maybe another excellent "problem-free" Acura in the near future for me.
    Hello '12CTSman,

I understand how it is disheartening to have ongoing concerns with a new vehicle. I would like the opportunity to further discuss your situation. Please send me a private message that includes your contact information and VIN. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Makes you wonder when we're going to get "heated bumpers" as part of an options with ACC.

It seems all the problems with the ACC and rear cross traffic alert, etc. are caused by good old dirt found in abundance in the Midwest and elsewhere. Since it is not going to stop snowing anytime soon, in spite of global warming, and we never run out of dirt, Cadillac needs to emphasize that snow and dirt are going to cause problems with these systems more clearly in the manual. These are great technologies, but totally useless unless they work as designed. Once cars come with a coating that resists dirt and repels snow the problem will be solved and self-driving vehicles will become a reality sooner than later.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Something to keep in mind CTSman, is the Driver Assist will turn on the rear braking if you are backing up faster then 8km/h or 5mph. Yes it is annoying, but with the way the system is programmed, anything above that speed it can't detect, compute, and deliver the brakes fast enough to avoid hitting an item. (relating to your very first post)
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.