Whining noise
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Huey Driver
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Whining noise in Cadillac SRX Forums; Has anyone had problems with whining noises? I thought at first it was the turbo but now wondering if it ...
    canadianturbo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX4 2.8 Turbo Performance

Whining noise

Has anyone had problems with whining noises? I thought at first it was the turbo but now wondering if it is the transmission. It doesn't do it all the time and the service department could not replicate the whining noise so they did nothing.
    Any suggestions???

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

toggan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX AWD Sport Luxury, 3.0 V6

Re: Whining noise

Can this be the same whining noise?

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post3158765

It might be but mine could happen long after the transmission is warm. A friend who worked in the GM transmission plant in Flint, Michigan says it could be the front pump in the transmission or to check the power steering fluid.
    Your thoughts??

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

Is it whining just recently in these cold temps? Does it whine only when you turn?
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior on order...

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

The whining noise happens when the temps are cold and it happens when I'm driving straight not turning. I left the city and on the highway home & the whining noise got louder as I excelled and the noise got to a point it hurt my ear drums. No kidding! It has also happened the temps have not been that cold and will sometimes start at the 42-45 km mark on the speedo.

riverpine is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx

Check for a wheel bearing going out.

The vehicle only has 33,000 Kms or 19,000 miles on it. Do you still think it would be a wheel bearing with such low miles?

SRXgirl2011 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I hear a whining noise on my 2011 SRX too. I hear it typically when the car is in "park" or when the car isles for a long period of time. I took it to dealership and of course it didn't whining one bit at the dealership. The dealer guess and said it maybe something having to do with the fan that prevents the engine from heating up. I really didn't understand what he was saying being that I'm a 27 year old female. Lol. I got to go for a oil change this week so I will get them to explain it to me again. I really hate that whining noise on my car. It's somewhat embarrassing to hear a caddy making a whining noise. By the way, my SRX makes this noise throughout the year not just the winter months.

toggan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX AWD Sport Luxury, 3.0 V6

When it comes to my whining it's definitely both temperature and RPM/Speed related.
    If I go straight or turn no difference.
    It needs to be 5 centigrade or lower. When I accelerate and the car and pass a certain RPM/Speed the whining just stops. When I lower the speed the whining gets back.
    This goes on for 2 to 3 minutes then the car/transmission is warm enough.
    But I can feel some kind of whining noise even after. But this can be in my head.

Huey Driver is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Lux

My whining sounds only seem to happen when the passenger seat is occupied...
    allgm likes this.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by SRXgirl2011 View Post
    I hear a whining noise on my 2011 SRX too. I hear it typically when the car is in "park" or when the car isles for a long period of time. I took it to dealership and of course it didn't whining one bit at the dealership. The dealer guess and said it maybe something having to do with the fan that prevents the engine from heating up. I really didn't understand what he was saying being that I'm a 27 year old female. Lol. I got to go for a oil change this week so I will get them to explain it to me again. I really hate that whining noise on my car. It's somewhat embarrassing to hear a caddy making a whining noise. By the way, my SRX makes this noise throughout the year not just the winter months.
    Hello SRXgirl2011,

I understand how a whining noise on your SRX is frustrating to deal with and how it's disheartening when your dealer is unable to duplicate the concern. I recommend making note of the conditions your vehicle is in when you notice this concern arise and possibly taking a video to show the service department at your dealership. I am more than happy to further discuss your situation with you and assist while working with your dealership again. Please send me a private message with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage and dealership name and location.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

SRXgirl2011 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    So I took my SRX to the dealer on Friday. Once again, they didn't hear the whining noise. I took the service tech outside with me and made him stand there until he heard the whining noise. He heard the whining noise but didn't know why the car was making the whining noise. He just told me to bring the car back if it gets worse. NOT A GOOD ANSWER! I called call Cadillac customer service. I will be taking my SRX back to the dealer tomorrow. I hope they find out whats going on.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by SRXgirl2011 View Post
    So I took my SRX to the dealer on Friday. Once again, they didn't hear the whining noise. I took the service tech outside with me and made him stand there until he heard the whining noise. He heard the whining noise but didn't know why the car was making the whining noise. He just told me to bring the car back if it gets worse. NOT A GOOD ANSWER! I called call Cadillac customer service. I will be taking my SRX back to the dealer tomorrow. I hope they find out whats going on.
    Hi SRXgirl2011,

I apologize for any unsatisfactory experience you had while working with your dealer. I understand how your situation must have been frustrating on your end. I see you called into our Customer Service Center, which means there should be an open case file regarding your current concerns within our system. I would like the opportunity to further discuss your situation and check on your case. Please send me a private message with your full contact information if you would like my involvement.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.