Seat memory 2014 SRX
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Seat memory 2014 SRX in Cadillac SRX Forums; Drivers seat on my new 2014 SRX will not keep preset positions for my wife and I. Settings are set ...
    jerryp740 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS SPORTWAGON

Seat memory 2014 SRX

Drivers seat on my new 2014 SRX will not keep preset positions for my wife and I. Settings are set to operate when drivers door is opened. I have to manually run seat back to get in and then set everything up again and then it still does't function right for me on exit and re- entry. She has same problem when she drives the car. She uses No.1 and I use No.2. Set up according to manual several times to no avail. Car not ready for service yet, just thought I asked if anybody has this problem and found the solution. Still getting used to car and new CUE system.

Jerry

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

big hitter is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Performance AWD Platinum Ice Tricoat

Re: Seat memory 2014 SRX

Exchange fob with wife and try it.

njacobsen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX AWD Premium, Xenon Blue, 20" Chrome

If it is like the 2013, the seat, mirrors, etc will not retore the the memorized positions unless you unlock the door with your FOB just before opening it. Even if the door is unlocked, you can press the unlock and the positions will restore when opening the door. I think it is supposed to restore to the FOB nearest the driver door when you press the button on the door handle to unlock as well. The only way the memory knows which positions to restore is by detecting the driver FOB as you unlock the door.

andrea0528 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I just got a 2014 and am having the same problem. I don't hear a beep to indicate that the memory is set.

andrea0528 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    We tried to program again and it worked!

'12CTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX AWD Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryp740
    Drivers seat on my new 2014 SRX will not keep preset positions for my wife and I. Settings are set to operate when drivers door is opened. I have to manually run seat back to get in and then set everything up again and then it still does't function right for me on exit and re- entry. She has same problem when she drives the car. She uses No.1 and I use No.2. Set up according to manual several times to no avail. Car not ready for service yet, just thought I asked if anybody has this problem and found the solution. Still getting used to car and new CUE system. Jerry
    Cadillac is not the only brand that has problems with it's keyless access/smart key/memory system especially if you have both fobs in the car, or the other fob enters the vehicle thru the passenger door first, or you leave the car without starting the vehicle. I love the Cadillac system, but it's not perfect.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by jerryp740 View Post
    Drivers seat on my new 2014 SRX will not keep preset positions for my wife and I. Settings are set to operate when drivers door is opened. I have to manually run seat back to get in and then set everything up again and then it still does't function right for me on exit and re- entry. She has same problem when she drives the car. She uses No.1 and I use No.2. Set up according to manual several times to no avail. Car not ready for service yet, just thought I asked if anybody has this problem and found the solution. Still getting used to car and new CUE system.

Jerry
    Hello Jerry,

Congratulations on your recent purchase of a 2014 SRX! I apologize for the trouble you are experiencing with your key fob settings. I recommend reprogramming the transmitters and if this does not work, I would contact your dealer. If you would like to further discuss anything or have additional questions, don't hesitate to contact us via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by andrea0528 View Post
    We tried to program again and it worked!
    Hi andrea0528,

I hope you have been enjoying your new 2014 Cadillac so far! I am glad you were able to reprogram your memory settings to work properly. If you ever have additional concerns or questions, please send us a private message. Gregory and I monitor the Cadillac forums and are here to assist.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

westham is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

It's not a great system, in my opinion it needs to be changed to operate the memory seat when you are in the drivers seat and press the start button (like my Jeep Grand Cherokee) and not entering the car while opening the drivers door.

njacobsen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX AWD Premium, Xenon Blue, 20" Chrome

On my 2013 there are two options for the memory recall. One is upon opening the door as yours is doing, the other is when you start the vehicle.

Personally, I like the door open recall because of the speed the seat moves. Try the other setting and you may like it.

Wylde is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX AWD Premium Platinum Ice

I dropped mine off at the dealer for this exact problem. Apparently there is a setting in CUE to allow programming? The manual only says the basic part which is adjust the seat and outside mirrors, press and hold both Memory and 1 (or 2) simataneously till you hear a beep. Of course I did not hear a beep and thought there was a problem. My service adviser called and told me the setting was turned off. My question is What setting? I only found the one that adjusts the seats and mirrors to the FOB at door unlock.

ngrigoriev is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Premium

My seat position memory seems to be working fine and I heavily depend on this feature as we share the car with my wife daily. We had this feature in X3 and I will never buy a car without seat/mirror memory anymore While trying to get it to work on SRX 2014 I have found that:

- you can store the positions only when the engine is running
    - you need to enable the restoring of the seat/mirror/pedal positions in the settings menu, it is not on by default
    - unlike in BMW where there is a named "profile" that is associated with any remote, with Cadillac there seems to be the remote #1 and remote #2. So the positions #1 and #2 seem to be associated each with specific remote. Not a big deal, we have exchanged the remotes with my wife. Guess what, she insisted being the driver #1

However, we have discovered a bug in Cadillac logic. When you unlock the rear door first and then you unlock the driver's door, then seat position is NOT restored. This is a typical use case for us because we unlock the rear door, put the baby in the car seat, then open the front door to get into the driver's seat. If you unlock the car first with the remote then it works as expected. I find this inconvenient a bit and I hope Cadillac will fix their software one day. I am sure this is something that can be fixed in the software.

blacksrx4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX4 Black in Black Premium

After 12 days of driving my new 2014 SRX4, I encountered my first problem which is the seat position memory. I did program my memory
    seat, save, and store to #1. Then selected ignition ON in the vehicle personalization menu. Also, I selected the easy exit.
    This morning when I turned off the engine it did not do the easy exit. When I went to lunch and start the car, the seat went from my program
    memory #1 to a different seat adjustment (all the way down). I need to push #1 to get back my seat program position. I played with this all afternoon and no luck getting this memory seat option to work either by opening the door or ignition ON. It seems that it's doing the other
    way around.
    Is it already time to visit my local Cadillac dealer? Hopefully, there is just something wrong on what I'm doing.

MI-SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '14 SRX4 Perf., Crystal Red Shale/Brownstone, DAP, spare

Quote Originally Posted by njacobsen View Post
    On my 2013 there are two options for the memory recall. One is upon opening the door as yours is doing, the other is when you start the vehicle....
    Correct.

From the '14 Owner's Manual

To activate the recall when On -Driver Door Open is selected in the vehicle personalization menu:

. On vehicles with RKE, press "Open" on the RKE transmitter and open the door. (Note: "Open" refers to the unlocked padlock symbol on the fob.)
    . On vehicles with Keyless Access, press the lock/unlock button on the outside driver door handle and open the driver door.

The RKE transmitter must be present for the recall to activate.

. If the driver door is already open, press "Open" on the RKE transmitter to activate the recall.

To activate the recall when On - At Ignition On is selected in the vehicle personalization menu:

. Place the ignition in ON/RUN/START.

See Vehicle Personalization on page 5-40.

...and from page 5-43 of the '14 owner manual

Auto Memory Recall

This allows the feature to be turned on or off.

Select Off, On - Driver Door Open, or On - At Ignition On.

I also seem to remember reading somewhere that it will default to the last setting used (1 or 2) but I can't find that right now. If true that would indicate that the car doesn't identify specific FOBs with specific settings.

ngrigoriev is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Premium

Quote Originally Posted by MI-SRX View Post
    . On vehicles with Keyless Access, press the lock/unlock button on the outside driver door handle and open the driver door.
    I consider that a design flaw, really. Someone just did not think about the feature and the use case. They have equipped all the doors with the lock/unlock buttons, unlike many other cars that only have the front doors equipped with the sensors. By the way, other cars typically do not use the buttons to unlock, but that's just the technology level question So, the buttons are on all 4 doors - great. What are the chances that someone with ANOTHER remote will unlock one of the rear doors? Slim. Most likely it will be the driver who is going to let the passengers in first, or get the kid(s) in first, or put something on the rear seat first - even before opening the driver's door. Why not to recall the seat position in this case? You have already identified the remote that unlocked the vehicle

I think the whole point of RKE is that you never never take the fob out of your pocket. This reduced the chances of dropping it or leaving it somewhere, especially in winter.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by blacksrx4 View Post
    After 12 days of driving my new 2014 SRX4, I encountered my first problem which is the seat position memory. I did program my memory
    seat, save, and store to #1. Then selected ignition ON in the vehicle personalization menu. Also, I selected the easy exit.
    This morning when I turned off the engine it did not do the easy exit. When I went to lunch and start the car, the seat went from my program
    memory #1 to a different seat adjustment (all the way down). I need to push #1 to get back my seat program position. I played with this all afternoon and no luck getting this memory seat option to work either by opening the door or ignition ON. It seems that it's doing the other
    way around.
    Is it already time to visit my local Cadillac dealer? Hopefully, there is just something wrong on what I'm doing.
    Hi blacksrx4,

Congratulations on the new SRX! I hope is has been treating you well these first two weeks.

I can understand your frustration with this memory seat issue. Although you have likely already checked, I would recommend looking over pages 3-6 to 3-8 or your 2014 SRX owner’s manual to see if there is anything you haven’t tried in there. There are also additional personalization options you may find useful starting on page 5-40.

If nothing in there helps, I would be happy to contact a dealership on your behalf. If you can PM me your VIN, mileage, dealership, and contact information, I can get started.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.