Has anyone hardwired their radar detecter to the mirror on a 2013/2014?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Has anyone hardwired their radar detecter to the mirror on a 2013/2014? in Cadillac SRX Forums; I was looking at the post behind the mirror and it looked like it was a solid piece. On an ...
    Movinon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Performance

Question Has anyone hardwired their radar detecter to the mirror on a 2013/2014?

I was looking at the post behind the mirror and it looked like it was a solid piece.
    On an earlier post they were describing sliding the post apart to get to the wires on anolder model SRX. I was hoping that could still be done on the newer models.
    I thought I would order an Invisi cord. Has anyone done this with a 2013/2014 SRX?
    If it proves to be a PITA I'll run a wire down below the dash and hook it up to a fuse location. The one thing I learned was to have enough wire to go around the mirror post once so when the radar detector mount looses suction the detector will hang off the wire, versus falling into the car and possibly damaging some thing on the dash.
    Thanks for any information,
    Tom

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

463 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 10 SRX AWD 3.0L Premium caribbean blue

Re: Has anyone hardwired their radar detecter to the mirror on a 2013/2014?

Here is a link to a good mirror mount for a detector http://rogueradarmount.com/.
    As for a power point you can remove the plastic that holds the power sunroof and map lamps from the head liner and behind it there is a multi wire connector that we placed the detectors hot (+) wire into a 12vdc switched wire in that connector and did the same for the (-) ground. Then ran the wire out to the detector using http://rogueradarmount.com/?product=seamless-cord. Its well worth the time and effort and performs very well.

Thanks for the link.
    The last several vehicles I have owned had the radar detector hard wired to the mirror electronics. I ordered a Stealth Cord that had 2 thin probes at the hookup end, for my G37 and hooked it up myself.
    When I checked out the mirror mount on the SRX, it seemed to me to be more trouble then it was worth, so I ordered a hard wire kit for just $15 and will have a local shop wire it somewhere under the dash. One of the things I learned from using radar detectors over the years is the suction cups come loose fairly often. Now I wrap the hardwire cord once around the mirror mount. When the detector comes loose from the windshield it just hangs suspended by the hard wire cord. This keeps it from falling and possibly damaging something in the car.
    Tom

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Or rather than use suction cups, use a Blendmount from J28 Industries. Properly tightened, it'll never fall off and it hugs closely to the mirror.
    www. Blendmount.com
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    Or rather than use suction cups, use a Blendmount from J28 Industries. Properly tightened, it'll never fall off and it hugs closely to the mirror.
    www. Blendmount.com
    Do you have a Blendmount attached to your mirror post? I looked up their site and it looks like a quality product, but I was wondering if there was adequate room for it on the SRX with the rain sensor so close to the mirror post.
    I'm having the hard wire kit installed in the morning. It seems like the 2 little suction cup method of attaching the detector breaks loose fairly often. On my other car I ordered the setup with the one large suction cup, but it also comes on-stuck periodically.
    Tom

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

I do have the blendmount, I used it on my '10 before I got my '13 with no issues on either.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

It is helpful to know that the Blendmount will fit the current SRX mirror post. I had my radar detector hardwired and my 2 front door windows tinted this morning. I will start off by using my large single suction cup mount, which should be a lot better then the 2 small suction type mount. As soon as it starts to give me any hassle I will order a Blendmount.
    Thanks,
    Tom

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.