Transmission problem
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Transmission problem in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hi all, I was hoping someone could help me out with my 2010 luxury SRX. first off I don't drive ...
    riverpine is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx

Transmission problem

Hi all, I was hoping someone could help me out with my 2010 luxury SRX. first off I don't drive the SRX as much as I would like, my wife drives it almost all the time. Recently I took it uptown and the transmission acts like it doesn't shift, stays in a higher gear. I made an appointment with the certified cadillac dealer we bought it from and he said its NORMAL !!!! I told him he was wrong that its not normal it ANNOING and there is something wrong with it. The mechanic said its a ADAPTIVE LEARNING TRANSMISSION and it learns how the driver drives the car. When I drove the SRX a couple months ago it did not do this. I'm afraid its going to brake when my wife drives to work one day and there she'll sit.......any ideas ??
    P.S. I took at least 5 friends with me and they ALL said the same thing that there is something wrong with Tranny.............WHY CAN'T THE MECHANIC HEAR THAT ???

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Transmission problem

Quote Originally Posted by riverpine View Post
    Hi all, I was hoping someone could help me out with my 2010 luxury SRX. first off I don't drive the SRX as much as I would like, my wife drives it almost all the time. Recently I took it uptown and the transmission acts like it doesn't shift, stays in a higher gear. I made an appointment with the certified cadillac dealer we bought it from and he said its NORMAL !!!! I told him he was wrong that its not normal it ANNOING and there is something wrong with it. The mechanic said its a ADAPTIVE LEARNING TRANSMISSION and it learns how the driver drives the car. When I drove the SRX a couple months ago it did not do this. I'm afraid its going to brake when my wife drives to work one day and there she'll sit.......any ideas ??
    P.S. I took at least 5 friends with me and they ALL said the same thing that there is something wrong with Tranny.............WHY CAN'T THE MECHANIC HEAR THAT ???
    Hello riverpine,

I apologize you are noticing a transmission concern with your vehicle. I would like the opportunity to further discuss this with you. Please send me a private message that includes your full contact information, VIN, current mileage and your dealership name and location.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

riverpine is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx

Bergstrom Cadillac of Green Bay

The transmission definitely doesn't shift down, it wines like its staying in 3rd gear when it should be in 4th gear.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by riverpine View Post
    Richard Rusch
    *Personal content removed by moderator*
    Mileage 55,000
    Bergstrom Cadillac of Green Bay

The transmission definitely doesn't shift down, it wines like its staying in 3rd gear when it should be in 4th gear.
    Hello Richard,

Thank you for providing this information. I responded to the private message you sent me as well. We will continue our interaction via PM. I recommend taking this post off the thread, as this is personal information you most likely do not want to share with the public.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.