A Note To the Cadillac Motor Division
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By paid4c4
  • 1 Post By stevec5375
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, A Note To the Cadillac Motor Division in Cadillac SRX Forums; Dear Cadiallac, thank you for making the heated steering wheel standard equipment in the Premium Package on our2012 SRX. Being ...
    paid4c4 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX/AWD Premium

A Note To the Cadillac Motor Division

Dear Cadiallac, thank you for making the heated steering wheel standard equipment in the Premium Package on our2012 SRX. Being a tight A$$ I wouldn't have ever bought this option and yet it is one of my favorites, especially after this past week of sub freezing temps.
    Bill
    georule likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Re: A Note To the Cadillac Motor Division

Quote Originally Posted by paid4c4 View Post
    Being a tight A$$ I wouldn't have ever bought this option
    That's a nice gesture. I hate to burst your bubble, but you "did" buy this option. It was calculated into the purchase price. You just didn't pay for it "separately". Either way, I'm glad you're enjoying it. I have the cheapo version of a heated steering wheel. It's called "gloves".

Sube

JohnnyBzSRX is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX FWD Performance - Xenon Blue / Shale-Brownstone

I too appreciated the heated steering wheel this past week. Now I miss it when I drive our '07 300C.

BTW, in the '13s, the heated steering wheel became standard on the Luxury, Performance and Premium trim levels.

300:29:1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV
    Once you get the heated wheel, you'll never want to be without it. I first got this in my '04 X3. It's a must have for me now. I do miss the heated windshield washers that BMW has. GM tried this with poor results and gave up.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

The previous generation of SRX had it. Why they removed it in the 2010 model is beyond me.
    allgm likes this.

retcad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Here in Mass, at 19 degrees yesterday morning, without gloves, my fingers did not freeze or even feel chilly on my non-heated steering wheel. My buns never freeze on the leather, either, although my wife swears by the heated seats in her Jeep. Maybe it's me. She put it on in the passenger seat recently and I asked her to turn it off. Again, it's all personal preference.

TheCaptain is online now Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    The previous generation of SRX had it. Why they removed it in the 2010 model is beyond me.
    Actually, it was in the very early builds of the 2010. I have a friend with a 2010 with an earlier build date than my old one, and it had a heated wheel. Then they dropped it for the rest of 2010...
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    Actually, it was in the very early builds of the 2010. I have a friend with a 2010 with an earlier build date than my old one, and it had a heated wheel. Then they dropped it for the rest of 2010...
    Bet they didn't drop the price thought.

paid4c4 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX/AWD Premium

I realize I ultimately paid for it, but I'm glad it was in the premium package. I also know about the cheapo version which I use when I drive my Tacoma. The heated steering wheel sure feels good on my arthritic hands. My nest note might be about the heated/cooled seats!
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by sube5186 View Post
    That's a nice gesture. I hate to burst your bubble, but you "did" buy this option. It was calculated into the purchase price. You just didn't pay for it "separately". Either way, I'm glad you're enjoying it. I have the cheapo version of a heated steering wheel. It's called "gloves".

Sube

dmurphy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 Evolution Green Luxury SRX (Shale/Brownstone Interior)

Quote Originally Posted by 300:29:1 View Post
    I do miss the heated windshield washers that BMW has. GM tried this with poor results and gave up.
    The issue GM had is actually a little deeper than that.

I have an '08 GMC Acadia that had heated washer fluid... it worked great. The problem was, however, the fluid heater module had a poor internal design and some of them were catching fire. The supplier (Microheat) that made the device went bankrupt due to the recall and went out of business. A small group of former employees started a new company and bought the intellectual property to the device from Microheat, but they've never really ramped up into production.

It's a shame - I enjoyed the technology while I had it. I could buy an AlphaTerm heater from Amazon and splice the unit back in where my dealer removed it if I really wanted to add it back. Not sure I want to spend the $80 though.

Here's the unit if anyone else had it and had it disabled: http://www.alphathermusa.com/heated-wash-models.html

300:29:1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV
    Quote Originally Posted by dmurphy
    The issue GM had is actually a little deeper than that. I have an '08 GMC Acadia that had heated washer fluid... it worked great. The problem was, however, the fluid heater module had a poor internal design and some of them were catching fire. The supplier (Microheat) that made the device went bankrupt due to the recall and went out of business. A small group of former employees started a new company and bought the intellectual property to the device from Microheat, but they've never really ramped up into production. It's a shame - I enjoyed the technology while I had it. I could buy an AlphaTerm heater from Amazon and splice the unit back in where my dealer removed it if I really wanted to add it back. Not sure I want to spend the $80 though. Here's the unit if anyone else had it and had it disabled: http://www.alphathermusa.com/heated-wash-models.html
    So why can the German Manufacturers keep having this on their vehicles, but nothing from Detroit? Very frustrating.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.