SRX accessories from China
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, SRX accessories from China in Cadillac SRX Forums; SRX seems to be very popular in China. I found many parts and accessories not available in North America for ...
    SRX-MTL is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

SRX accessories from China

SRX seems to be very popular in China. I found many parts and accessories not available in North America for the SRX like liners and mats and there are really cheap compared with Weathertech & Husky liners. I just ordered this set of 3D mats for $ 76 + shipping. They seems to be very well designed, high quality product and I think they offer a better protection than what are available here. Two finish available : velvet ($76) and leather ($66). I ordered velvet

srx carpet.jpg

srx carpet 1.jpg

I don't know yet what will be the shipping charges to Canada but I think it will be around $80 by EMS.

I will let you know and take pictures when I get the mats.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Re: SRX accessories from China

If you have a Netflix account, watch the documentary, Death by China. Personally, I REFUSE to buy goods from China unless there is no alternative.
    jrose7004, allgm and HDI0390 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    If you have a Netflix account, watch the documentary, Death by China. Personally, I REFUSE to buy goods from China unless there is no alternative.
    Sorry Sir but you are in the wrong forum. Here is about Cadillac SRX topics, not about Human rights !

chagrin falls is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 srx perf, 2010 cts4 prem

You're missing the point mtl-why not buy your mats from weathertech or husky which are made in america by americans instead of promoting and supporting the ongoing travesties of chinese manufacturing to save a few bucks! i hope they are flawless when they arrive because i'm sure it will be difficult to find someone to complain to. i thought long and hard about buying my srx since it is manufactured in mexico with a lot of imported parts. but my purchase decision was based that the profits to go back to detroit. just my humble american opinion.
    allgm and stevec5375 like this.

In the past, I bought both Weathertech and Husky liners for my previous cars and I had always problems with them. Salted water always came off the liners when your are going up or down, stop and go. I can also ear the water coming off the liners. Here we have lot of snow and salt so liners become rapidly mini pools. That's why I decided to give a try to these china's one. If you look closely, they goes higher on every sides and because the finish will be velvet, I think it will prevent and retain more salted water to come out so offering a better protection. My final cost will probably be the same as Weathertech liners as there is no free trade agreement between Canada and China. I will have to pay duty, taxes and brokerage fees on my purchase so part of my money spent will remain in Canada.

algiorda is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 , 2010, 2014 Luxury Raven Blk w/Ebony

Do you have any idea how much uncontrolled pollution goes into making those floor mats in China? US environmental laws are much tougher than China.

BUY AMERICAN!!!!
    HDI0390 likes this.

kpann is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

I believe SRX-MTL is in Montreal... so ... BUY CANADIAN!!! To Each His Own. Just don't buy the $19 set of floor mats from Wally World.
    TheCaptain likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kpann View Post
    I believe SRX-MTL is in Montreal... so ... BUY CANADIAN!!! To Each His Own. Just don't buy the $19 set of floor mats from Wally World.
    Anything bought from Wally World is from China. How else do you think they sell it so cheaply?

http://theweek.com/article/index/252...lution-problem

DeeBeeBee is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX AWD LUX terra mocha/shale brownstone

Should we not be buying any more Cadillacs?

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...68582435347210

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    The Cadillac plant in china is to make the china version caddys that are different from the USA models. The laws in china require the car to be assembled in china to be sold there.

The SLS for example (stretched version of the STS w/ alternate engine options and a way better interior) is only available there and some of us STS owners that have been able to obtain parts from china made for the SLS that fit the STS that are simply not sold domestically.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Quote Originally Posted by Ludacrisvp View Post
    The Cadillac plant in china is to make the china version caddys that are different from the USA models. The laws in china require the car to be assembled in china to be sold there.

The SLS for example (stretched version of the STS w/ alternate engine options and a way better interior) is only available there and some of us STS owners that have been able to obtain parts from china made for the SLS that fit the STS that are simply not sold domestically.

Wonder why they're not outsourcing all their jobs in China like the corporations in the U.S. are? Because the Chinese government knows that would screw up their economy and leave millions jobless just like it has done here in this country.
    HDI0390 likes this.

Wonder why they're not outsourcing all their jobs in China like the corporations in the U.S. are? Because the Chinese government knows that would screw up their economy and leave millions jobless just like it has done here in this country.
    Yeah probably. The Chinese were able to witness how badly it has ruined us and they aren't willing to go down that path.
    allgm likes this.

kpann is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

SRX-MTL - Get some photos of those mats when you get them installed and post them up.

Isn't the main purpose of outsourcing to save money or cut costs? Everything I have seen or heard states that Chinese corporations pay their workers a very low amount. So it would probably cost more to outsource. I figure that is why the Chinese corporations do not outsource.

Either way, there is a HUGE market for 'aftermarket' items for any car. Just doing an eBay search for a make and model "Honda Civic" or "Cadillac Escalade" will produce tens of thousands of "things" to put on/in the car. Everything from Cadillac Logo puddle lights to wide width rear-view mirrors. A majority of these are made in China. A lot of these results support the phrase "Chinese Knockoff". Some people are OK with that, and some would rather not. Prime example is an OBDII reader/monitor I picked up on eBay. Shipped from China for $12.95 and works great. I could not afford the CONUS offered ones that are made with the same chipset for nearly $100.

Finally got and installed my new mats and I'm very satisfied. They really protect and cover more my interior than Weathertech and Husky liners and they also look great with the velours finish.
    Mats 1 (1024x768).jpg

Mats 2 (1024x768).jpg

Mats 3 (1024x768).jpg

Passenger (1024x768).jpg

Rear (1024x768).jpg

how would you rate the build quality?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.