hold down "door unlock" for 2s , all windows down!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, hold down "door unlock" for 2s , all windows down! in Cadillac SRX Forums; hold down " door unlock" function from manufactory remote , the all windows were descend on 2013 Cadillac SRX . ...
    daniellin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx 2013

Thumbs down hold down "door unlock" for 2s , all windows down!

hold down " door unlock" function from manufactory remote , the all windows were descend on 2013 Cadillac SRX . is anyone there experience this situation?
    told to dealer service department that guy said it's a manufactory function.wouldn't believed it!

wouldn't install manufactory remote starter after delivery

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

1BadCadSTS is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    It's a feature. All gen 2 Srx do it.

daniellin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx 2013

Re: hold down "door unlock" for 2s , all windows down!

good to know.
    thanks.

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

If only you could put them up by holding down the lock button!

kpann is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

Quote Originally Posted by adamjeeps View Post
    If only you could put them up by holding down the lock button!
    Not sure if you are looking for an adventure or not, but here is this...

http://www.amazon.com/OBDII-Window-C...Stone+cadillac

The one for the Chevy Cruze has some pretty good reviews.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

If anybody ever read their manual... this feature is described in it. (It would be nice if they went back up as easy too, without aftermarket add ons)
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

kpann is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    If anybody ever read their manual... this feature is described in it. (It would be nice if they went back up as easy too, without aftermarket add ons)
    Completely agree. Past few cars have done the window down only. I was getting a VW and the sales guy went on for about 20 minutes about safety and liability when I asked about windows up. Even though he was demo'ing the auto stop feature for the auto up while driving.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

westham is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadCadSTS View Post
    It's a feature. All gen 2 Srx do it.
    I did not know this, I will have to give it a try, can't really see what the advantage would be, only to help cool the car after parking in the sunshine on a hot day, but I use the remote start with the AC on for that.

Yes, mine too, hold down key fob remote and they all open, I ordered the windows up gizmo from Ebay just for the fun of it and because I have been known to leave windows opened after locking the car,

Quote Originally Posted by westham View Post
    Yes, mine too, hold down key fob remote and they all open, I ordered the windows up gizmo from Ebay just for the fun of it and because I have been known to leave windows opened after locking the car,
    I received the window close gizmo, it does work, only thing you have to remember is after you stop the engine you then have to press ignition on and then off for the windows to close by pressing the remote lock. oh well for $15 it was something I had to try

daddie2k3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Performance
    Quote Originally Posted by westham
    I received the window close gizmo, it does work, only thing you have to remember is after you stop the engine you then have to press ignition on and then off for the windows to close by pressing the remote lock. oh well for $15 it was something I had to try
    I got one from aliexpress that closes windows by themselves(I have on the passive lock feature which locks door after few seconds of last closed door without a fob inside)....it's the coolest thing to give out your SRX with no worries in locking or closing windows!

kornegayd is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I've had this happen to me twice - - once today, once last summer. Of course, it only happens when I leave my SRX in the driveway and not in the garage. I came out to go to work, the car is locked, and all 4 windows are down all the way. I'm guessing my remote got poked in my pocket, but either way, this is a "feature" I need disabled.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by kornegayd View Post
    I've had this happen to me twice - - once today, once last summer. Of course, it only happens when I leave my SRX in the driveway and not in the garage. I came out to go to work, the car is locked, and all 4 windows are down all the way. I'm guessing my remote got poked in my pocket, but either way, this is a "feature" I need disabled.
    Hello kornegayd,

I apologize that you would like to disable this feature on your vehicle. I researched in the owner’s manual and I found this: “On some models, pressing and holding the unlock button will open all of the vehicle's windows. See Power Windows on page 1‑24.” But, I don’t see a way to disable this feature. I will definitely document your concern with this feature and pass it along to the appropriate department. Please feel free to private message me if you have any further questions, comments, or concerns.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

wdjudd is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Did anyone ever find a way to disable the "Auto Windows Down" feature? Here in New England where it is cold 3/4 of the year, remote start is a must. Two times this winter I have gone outside to clean the snow off my car and found all 4 windows down and snow in my car - everywhere. To me . . . this feature is a nuisance and I really want to disable it. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by wdjudd View Post
    Did anyone ever find a way to disable the "Auto Windows Down" feature? Here in New England where it is cold 3/4 of the year, remote start is a must. Two times this winter I have gone outside to clean the snow off my car and found all 4 windows down and snow in my car - everywhere. To me . . . this feature is a nuisance and I really want to disable it. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks.
    Hey wdjudd,

I can see why you would be frustrated with that window feature of your Cadillac. As stated in Greg’s previous post, we really cannot find any way to disable this feature on our end. Have you consulted your dealer to see if they had a solution? I would be happy to discuss this with you if you want to PM me your VIN and contact information. If PM does not work, send an email to socialmedia@gm.com with “Attention: Austin” in the subject line.

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.