Getting to the battery
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Kmohler
  • 1 Post By Kmohler
  • 1 Post By retcad
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Getting to the battery in Cadillac SRX Forums; On a 2012 SRX, if I needed to replace the battery, or just wanted to see it to check for ...
    Kmohler is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

Getting to the battery

On a 2012 SRX, if I needed to replace the battery, or just wanted to see it to check for corrosion, how do I get to it? Those three big connectors on top look pretty intimidating. How are they released? What comes next? Do any electrical or programming problems result from disconnecting them? Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks.
    Kaptain Spaulding likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Kmohler
    On a 2012 SRX, if I needed to replace the battery, or just wanted to see it to check for corrosion, how do I get to it? Those three big connectors on top look pretty intimidating. How are they released? What comes next? Do any electrical or programming problems result from disconnecting them? Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks.
    Did I say something wrong?

halp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX & 2004 CTS

Re: Getting to the battery

I'm curious also, hope someone chimes in with an answer. I have used the remote posts to give someone a jump start. The plus pole is under the little door.

allgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

Quote Originally Posted by halp View Post
    I'm curious also, hope someone chimes in with an answer. I have used the remote posts to give someone a jump start. The plus pole is under the little door.
    Get out your flashlight leave the three big wire harrness alone . Look half way down the battery box. There are two clips on each side . Disengage them and pull straight up. You will see the top of the battery.Well part of it anyway
    I have changed many batteries but this looks like a dealer job to me

Quote Originally Posted by allgm
    Get out your flashlight leave the three big wire harrness alone . Look half way down the battery box. There are two clips on each side . Disengage them and pull straight up. You will see the top of the battery.Well part of it anyway I have changed many batteries but this looks like a dealer job to me
    Thanks for your reply. I'm enjoying this car, but my mind is boggled by the difficulty of common tasks like changing a bulb or replacing a battery. I shudder to think of doing something complicated like changing the blinker fluid.
    davedogcaddy likes this.

retcad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

When I first opened the hood of my SRX, I thought I'd need clearance from NASA to touch anything. The only thing I do under there is check or add fluids. Anything else goes to my trusted mechanic or to a (gulp) dealer if it's a warranty issue only. And avoid either giving or receiving 'jumps'. Your car will like you better.
    allgm likes this.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by retcad View Post
    When I first opened the hood of my SRX, I thought I'd need clearance from NASA to touch anything. The only thing I do under there is check or add fluids. Anything else goes to my trusted mechanic or to a (gulp) dealer if it's a warranty issue only. And avoid either giving or receiving 'jumps'. Your car will like you better.
    The days of self-servicing a car are coming to an end. Everything is getting so computerized that it requires special equipment to service it. Is this by design? Who knows! But, if you're under warranty...why bother? If not, I'd find a 3rd party that is GM certified to take care of my SUV. They are bound to be cheaper than a dealership.

westham is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

The dealer replaced mine, lucky for me there was no charge as it was under the dealer used car warranty, I did see the paperwork and I think the Tec booked 1 hour for it ......... seems like it is not as straight forward as one would think?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.