Fog Lamp Kit
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By enuf2spare35
  • 1 Post By westham
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Fog Lamp Kit in Cadillac SRX Forums; So I just picked up gm part # 19172867 (the OEM fog lamp kit) online from a reputable looking Chevy ...
    georule is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury AWD Silver Coast Metallic

Fog Lamp Kit

So I just picked up gm part # 19172867 (the OEM fog lamp kit) online from a reputable looking Chevy dealer in North Carolina significantly below MSRP, so I'm pumped about that.

Here's my question, if I have a dealer here do the install and activate, what's a reasonable charge to expect?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

SRX-MTL is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

Re: Fog Lamp Kit

FYI, I did myself the installation of the new switch (2 minutes),the 2 fog lamp assembly (1.5 hours) and the wiring (15 minutes) and I asked my dealer to do only the 2 wiring connections to the fuse box and the programmation to activate the fog lights. It took to the technician only 30 minutes (yes only 30 munutes) from the time he came to pickup my car at the service reception area to the time he brought back my car and everything is working as it should. The technician did mention to me that it was his first time doing it but he did ask some advices to another technician who dit it in the past. It cost me only $70 including taxes. I don't think it can take less time to a dealer and cost you less than that if you do most of the job like I did. For the whole installation, it should take to a dealer near 2 hres minimum.

Thanks!

westham is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

Quote Originally Posted by georule View Post
    So I just picked up gm part # 19172867 (the OEM fog lamp kit) online from a reputable looking Chevy dealer in North Carolina significantly below MSRP, so I'm pumped about that.

Here's my question, if I have a dealer here do the install and activate, what's a reasonable charge to expect?
    I had my kit installed privately and took it to the dealer to program, I was charged 1 hour labor to program the unit, now it shows my car as factory fitted fog lights.

beachcad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury AWD

Quote Originally Posted by westham View Post
    ... now it shows my car as factory fitted fog lights.
    I also installed the factory fog kit and had programmed at the dealer. Where does it show up as factory installed fog lights?

enuf2spare35 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX
    I'm having my kit installed tomorrow at the dealership and it is an est 2 hrs to install.
    georule likes this.

kpann is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Do you have information about the dealer? I know of another person who is looking for a GREAT deal

Abernethy Chevrolet. They weren't the very cheapest ($356 w/free shipping), but certain elements gave me more confidence than some other options. They're 3rd generation ownership. They do a lot of business on ebay with overwhelming positive reviews. They had an actual picture of the elements of the kit, not just some stock photo of a SRX with fog lamps. They knew it applied to the 2013 model year (another lister only showed it applying thru 2012). Just the details added up to confidence for me. Having said that, it's supposed to arrive on Friday, so there's still an element of suspense.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-2013-Ca...e34c66&vxp=mtr

I did give my local dealership first shot, and I would in fact have been willing to pay a little bit of a premium to give them the business. . . but they offered me no better than MSRP ($460), and I wasn't willing to pay that much premium.

westham is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by beachcad View Post
    I also installed the factory fog kit and had programmed at the dealer. Where does it show up as factory installed fog lights?
    When a GM dealer pulls up your vin # it should now show your vehicle is equipped with factory fog lights as one of the oem extras.

----------

Abernethy Chevrolet. They weren't the very cheapest ($356 w/free shipping), but certain elements gave me more confidence than some other options. They're 3rd generation ownership. They do a lot of business on ebay with overwhelming positive reviews. They had an actual picture of the elements of the kit, not just some stock photo of a SRX with fog lamps. They knew it applied to the 2013 model year (another lister only showed it applying thru 2012). Just the details added up to confidence for me. Having said that, it's supposed to arrive on Friday, so there's still an element of suspense.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-2013-Ca...e34c66&vxp=mtr

I did give my local dealership first shot, and I would in fact have been willing to pay a little bit of a premium to give them the business. . . but they offered me no better than MSRP ($460), and I wasn't willing to pay that much premium.
    This is where my kit came from, it will be in a regular brown plain box, there should be a code in the box, this code is needed for the dealer to make the lights work with the computer, make sure it is there, if not call the seller, my kit did not have a code but I may have lost it not understanding what it was for, we used a code from another kit the dealer had in stock, if the code is not there you can't get the fogs to work.
    Have fun.
    georule likes this.

SRX-MTL is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

Concerning the code, when I went to my dealer to take an appointment to have my fog light activated, my dealer never talked or asked me if I had the code. He took my VIN and said that he will call somewhere at GM to get the new programmation for my car before my scheduled appointment. This is probably why it took less than 1/2 hour to do the 2 connections and the activation. I didn't have to pay for the time my dealer spent on phone and to get the new program for my car.

beachcad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury AWD

Westham, thanks for the feedback. I ordered my kit on ebay from a Chevrolet dealer in Atlanta (around $350, but I did have to pay shipping). I "believe" the large box had the GM logo and part number, with several smaller boxes inside. I installed the fog lights and wiring at the same time I installed an E&G wire mesh grill. My local dealer charged me $125 for programming the fog lights. I did not have a code and the dealer didn't ask for one.

The kit from Abernethy Chevrolet arrived today. Had a GM logo-ed sticker on the side with the right part#. Opened it up for a peek, but didn't take anything out. I did see a plastic bag with the headlights/foglights control from the dashboard, with the foglight symbol on the round button/dial, and again the right part# on the bag.

Scheduled with the local dealer for Monday install & activate, and they gave me an estimate of 2 hrs on the phone. Fingers crossed, etc.

Well, it took a week longer than I was thinking for totally unrelated reasons, but got my 2013 SRX Luxury back this morning with the new fog lamps installed/activated. Looks nice. 2 hrs labor was indeed the charge.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.