Considering a 2014 SRX. Do you love yours? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Considering a 2014 SRX. Do you love yours? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hello...Im new to the cadi forum. I too bought a SRX Luxury this year....2010... We luv this vehicle..Handles well...comfy, roomy...and ...
    cadi4marie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Luxury
    Hello...Im new to the cadi forum. I too bought a SRX Luxury this year....2010... We luv this vehicle..Handles well...comfy, roomy...and stylish..im completely spoiled now...had 46000 miles with clean int/ext..thanks to previous owner...Only thing is the ticking sound from the injectors. Sounds like a little drummer boy inside the engine...Im told its normal but I dont care for it...Also between 20-25 mph it is sluggish...feels like it is losing power...not good when trying to pass someone...its intermittent too..i made an appt with the dealer to check it out..i researched and found a GM tranny recall for my year...issue with a cable and possible rolling out of gear or no movement when coming out of park...the latter has happened to me.....all in all I still luv this vehicle. I plan to upgrade it to the 2014 SRX hopefully next year....i think the little drummer boy is gone in the new one..

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Re: Considering a 2014 SRX. Do you love yours?

Quote Originally Posted by cadi4marie View Post
    ... I plan to upgrade it to the 2014 SRX hopefully next year....i think the little drummer boy is gone in the new one..
    All, all-new GM engines are DI engines, which have the light 'ticking' noise. It's the way of the future for engine tech right now. All engines in the full Cadillac lineup, once the '15 Escalade arrives, will be Direct Injected.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

cadi4marie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX Luxury
    Thanks for the info...was reading up on this (DI noise) and someone mentioned to buy a "non factory/off market part" to muffle the sound more from the outside. GM has done a great job of sound proofing for the inside. I read sound engineers helped with that issue...

john91945 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by shoeman View Post
    Hi Dawn . I have a 2013 Luxury in White Diamond with the Brownstone interior, and this is one of the most elegant looking combinations there is . I have had mine for 7 months now and have 12,000 k on mine . I have not had any issues at all . The few very small issues I did have were taken care of from the get go . Get it Love it Drive it Enjoy it. Shoe
    Hi shoeman - Just wanted to make a comment on your 2013 SRX color that you say is White Diamond. I don't think you can get a 2013 SRX in White Diamond - I believe the color is officially Platinum Ice Tricoat. White Diamond is available on other Cadillac models but not the SRX. They are two noticeably different colors. I have seen them side by side. I just bought the 2014 SRX in Platinum Ice Tricoat and love it!! John91945
    TheCaptain likes this.

shoeman is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Luxury Platinum Tri Coat

Hi John. My error. You are correct. When this color is clean and waxed it will blind you with its brilliance. I love it as well. Shoe

Movinon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Performance

We have had our 2014 SRX, performance for 3 months and so far are very pleased with it. I started off looking at the Q5, X3 and SRX. The wife preferred the looks and features of the SRX. IMHO it handles better then I expected and has enough power to satisfy my needs.

caddydaddy2005 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I just bought a 2104 srx performance, LOVE IT!
    Saphire blue/ caramel and ebony. 20" bright chrome. LOADED. THIS IS MY 6th caddy and my 4th srx all were brand new leases....by far this is my FAVE CADDY TO DATE! The cue is AWESOME!

Tup
    Tup is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

I think that the 2013 & 2014 models are the best in that the wrinkles have been ironed out and the engine and infotainment systems are improved as well as the active sound deadening adds a lot.
    RoyC80 likes this.

RoyC80 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance AWD

I've already posted about what seems to be a throttle issue with my '13 SRX so I won't go there in this thread. Mine is a black ice metallic which is gorgeous assuming you like black vehicles. Mine is in the dealership right now and they gave me a '14 SRX loaner (I really appreciated that as I was expecting to have to rent a car). It's white, I assume the platinum ice mentioned above. It hasn't really clicked with me looks wise but it might be because it has 18" chromes instead of the 20's which are more striking and I'm used to. To the OP I would say go with the color that turns you on! I've been very happy with my '13 SRX overall

Roy C

rtsittner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Premium AWD in Graphite Metallic

I just moved from a 2010 SRX Premium to a 2014 SRX Premium. I have the Graphite Metallic paint with the titanium/ebony interior. I really like the CUE system and love the increase in performance with the bigger engine.

Randall

jeffpaletz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

My Wife had a Lexus RX-350, a nice car that she was going to replace with the newer version Lexus of the same style. After shopping at the Lexus dealer, I took her to Cadillac and she loved the SRX. She likes it so much better than the Lexus. It's been a year and she still loves her SRX.

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

My 5 week old srx is probably the nicest car I have owned and is the best on the hwy. it is really fun car to drive. My car does not have the ultra view roof and I believe that it has the stiffest body structure of any car I have owned as well.

ngrigoriev is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Premium

Interesting thread, at least for me these days. I have a 2013 BMW X3 xDrive35i, loaded with features and...I am quite disappointed with the quality. Long story short, it turned out to be a lemon. I would not say that all X3s are lemons, but the amount of troubles I had since I bought it is insane for $50K+ car. Not to mention that one of the issues was very serious - car would just die in cold weather and this has nothing to do with the battery. This is a bad design of power distribution module, a plague that apparently affect many other X3 owners. BMW first denied the problem, the sort of agreed that there is a problem but as of today no solution exists. So, I am driving a $50K+ car with a known issue that I personally consider a potential safety issue. All my attempts to settle this affair with BMW have failed. Their last response was, essentially, "@#$@%^ you, we will be fixing your car as long as it is under warranty, we do not repurchase our lemons back, thank you for buying BMW". Since I am in Canada and we do not have those wonderful lemon laws here there is nothing I can do about it to recover most of the money I have spent on that lemon. Of course I can go to courts, hire a lawyer...I am not sure it is practical as the outcome is never guaranteed but the cost is Needless to say that it is my first and last BMW. OK, enough about my problems

I have been trying some other cars lately to build a list of potential candidates to replace that lemon - when I decide that I had enough. Acura MDX was so far at the top of my list. I tried Lexus RX-350, but I have found it really overpriced and it is absolutely no fun to drive. Of course BMW X3 drives like, probably, no other cars do...when it is not dead But I am not crazy-fixed on the sporting behaviour. I need a car that is a universal vehicle for the family of 2 adults and 2 kids, something reliable, loaded with the features that I like, driving well in Canadian winter (with proper tires, of course). And something that is somewhat fun to drive. And something that is reasonably priced, if "reasonably" can be applied at all to the luxury vehicles.

I have tried SRX AWD yesterday and I have to say I was quite positively surprised by that drive. The Luxe and Premium configurations seem to be quite loaded with the features that I can appreciate and yet they are not crazy-expensive. It feels quite comfortable inside and not ugly outside. Maybe it appears a bit "fat" outside Also the nose sticks out a bit too far. Size-wise (I am relatively big guy) it seems to be comfortable, still plenty of space for the head and legs. Trunk appears to be about the same size as X3's. Driving was quite fun. It does feel different from X3, softer suspension. But it can accelerate, for sure. Not as quick as X3 but it seems I could comfortably and quickly pass someone when I needed.

So....thinking now. I had (and still have) a particular opinion on the American cars...Especially after seeing the failure of Jeep GC 2014. I am curious if anyone had similar experience and transitioned from BMW X3 to SRX.

shoeman is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Luxury Platinum Tri Coat

My brother in law has driven nothing but BMW for the last 12 years , every 4 a new 5 series. This last one has proven to be a huge lemon costing huge repair dollars he vowed never again. He took my 13 Luxury SRX out for a few hours last weekend , he is now waiting for his new 13 Premium to come in , as it is in transit. I am just working out the final numbers as well to get out of my 13 lease and into a premium as well. German and Japanese may have meant quality years ago , Detroit in most cases has caught up. When your back is up against a wall you learn how to do things right. I have never owned imports and never will . Support Detroit.

ngrigoriev is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Premium

I was ready for surprises with BMW, but not for such huge disappointment...Also, speaking of imports - my previous car, Mitsubishi Outlander, was a great vehicle. I almost regret selling it after 4 years and I definitely regret getting into BMW after that I am open-minded in terms or "support Detroit" or "never own imports". I prefer whatever provides the best value for my hard earned [Canadian ] dollars.

Now the real challenge is to accept the loss of $15K on the car that I owned for less than a year, still having about 2 years of warranty and move over

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.