Considering a 2014 SRX. Do you love yours? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Considering a 2014 SRX. Do you love yours? in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by shoeman Up until this past February I have not even sniffed the air of a GM dealer. ...
    dmurphy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 Evolution Green Luxury SRX (Shale/Brownstone Interior)

Re: Considering a 2014 SRX. Do you love yours?

Quote Originally Posted by shoeman View Post
    Up until this past February I have not even sniffed the air of a GM dealer. Both myself and my father have only driven Ford or Lincoln product. My mother was in a bad accident last Jan and wrote off their 6 month old Lincoln MKZ , thank fully everybody was fine . I went to the Lincoln dealer I have been dealing with for 25 years and could not get anywhere near the sweetheart deal on a 2012 Lincoln MKZ that they lost even as the new body was being introduced. I gave my father a list of cars to check out and he came back with ATS. Long story short , not only did I get my father an ATS , I was ready to order for myself A NEW Lincoln MKX, I checked out the SRX, the sales Mngr gave me a SRX for the day. Not only did the Lincoln dealer lose two new cars , the Caddy dealer treated me like a long term owner ,and I received two incredible deals on an SRX and ATS. I am waiting for the new generation as I will give this one to my wife and get myself new. Shoe
    Shoeman, you make an excellent point! As great as my SRX is, the dealership is absolutely a huge part of the experience. I couldn't have been more pleased at Royal Cadillac in Florham Park, NJ. Our sales person, Paul Leary, did a great job. He was very low pressure, took the time to get to know my wife and I, understood our needs, and let the car sell itself. The entire experience was fantastic, pleasant, low pressure, and even the folks in F&I were super nice. It's a real family dealership, not the usual high-pressure highway sales factories. THAT makes all the difference in the world. Already had a few calls from the dealership just to make sure I'm happy, see if I need anything, and congratulate me on the new vehicle. Guess where my wife's next vehicle will come from?

As Paul quoted from Mad Men: "A car is wonder if you have to get somewhere. A Cadillac is for when you've already arrived."

shoeman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Luxury Platinum Tri Coat

Quote Originally Posted by dmurphy View Post
    Shoeman, you make an excellent point! As great as my SRX is, the dealership is absolutely a huge part of the experience. I couldn't have been more pleased at Royal Cadillac in Florham Park, NJ. Our sales person, Paul Leary, did a great job. He was very low pressure, took the time to get to know my wife and I, understood our needs, and let the car sell itself. The entire experience was fantastic, pleasant, low pressure, and even the folks in F&I were super nice. It's a real family dealership, not the usual high-pressure highway sales factories. THAT makes all the difference in the world. Already had a few calls from the dealership just to make sure I'm happy, see if I need anything, and congratulate me on the new vehicle. Guess where my wife's next vehicle will come from?

As Paul quoted from Mad Men: "A car is wonder if you have to get somewhere. A Cadillac is for when you've already arrived."
    It was a tough time as my parents were In Florida for the winter when all the sh.... came down and I had less than 30 days to settle with the insurance , find a car as well as getting it on a flat bed to the condo in Fla. The dealership in Toronto was first class ,Roy Foss in the way they treated both myself and my father who was in Fla. They had all the papers couriered arranged the flat bed , even had to look and find the dealer trade . I have had a few minor issues with my SRX , and they gave me another caddy for a few days . They even did not ask for any form of payment up front , it was all on a handshake for both cars, tell me when that happens today. This is how dealers will prosper in todays world.
    TheCaptain likes this.

'12CTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX AWD Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by shoeman
    It was a tough time as my parents were In Florida for the winter when all the sh.... came down and I had less than 30 days to settle with the insurance , find a car as well as getting it on a flat bed to the condo in Fla. The dealership in Toronto was first class ,Roy Foss in the way they treated both myself and my father who was in Fla. They had all the papers couriered arranged the flat bed , even had to look and find the dealer trade . I have had a few minor issues with my SRX , and they gave me another caddy for a few days . They even did not ask for any form of payment up front , it was all on a handshake for both cars, tell me when that happens today. This is how dealers will prosper in todays world.
    Sorry to hear about your parents' travails. Hopefully, your mom is OK.

As far as car dealers go, there are good ones and bad ones across the board as I can attest, albeit the luxury dealers seem to hire salespeople who have mastered the art of the sale, but are no less greedy from the white belt, white shoes, leisure suit days of yore. As long as you feel you got a good deal is all that matters. However, be aware the dealer, besides the profit (usually around $2K) s/he is making, the salesperson may or may not tell you about other incentives/rebates you qualify for if you don't ask. Plus, there is the holdback they get from the car manufacturer, which can be 2-3%, or more, of the MSRP; then there all the trips, etc. the dealer qualifies for if they reach certain sales goals. All in all, a single sale can profit the dealer around $10K or more, not counting the thousands they will make on your trade.

TheCaptain is online now Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

I had a '10 SRX AWD Premium and even though the first three years of ownership was a beta test for GM, I sold it and loved it so much I got a '13 AWD Premium that also seems to be a beta tester...
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

shoeman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Luxury Platinum Tri Coat

Quote Originally Posted by '12CTSman View Post
    Sorry to hear about your parents' travails. Hopefully, your mom is OK.

As far as car dealers go, there are good ones and bad ones across the board as I can attest, albeit the luxury dealers seem to hire salespeople who have mastered the art of the sale, but are no less greedy from the white belt, white shoes, leisure suit days of yore. As long as you feel you got a good deal is all that matters. However, be aware the dealer, besides the profit (usually around $2K) s/he is making, the salesperson may or may not tell you about other incentives/rebates you qualify for if you don't ask. Plus, there is the holdback they get from the car manufacturer, which can be 2-3%, or more, of the MSRP; then there all the trips, etc. the dealer qualifies for if they reach certain sales goals. All in all, a single sale can profit the dealer around $10K or more, not counting the thousands they will make on your trade.
    Hi Captain . Yes I am aware of all the incentives , holdback etc that you spoke about here . As that is why the Lincoln dealer we have dealt with for so long always showed me invoice , all incentives , as well as holdback etc. I demanded very nicely to see all the same when I was caddy shopping, that is how I know what I paid was real as well as being very good. I will only work with dealers that will show me full discloser on all levels .

georule is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury AWD Silver Coast Metallic

Love my 2013 SRX Luxury (with a few add-ons like Nav, driver awareness and soon-to-be fog lamps). I was coming out of a 5.7L Hemi Dodge Durango, so you'd think the get-up-and-go would have been the downside, but I find this 3.6L to be very adequate even by my former rocketship (which is what the Cad dealer called it) standards.

And comfort-wise, it's no comparison (of course), and handling is much better. Just more enjoyable to drive all-around. The Premium without entertainment would have been even better, but I got a great deal on mine as a demo with 1,500 miles on it and I'm quite satisfied.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by shoeman View Post
    Up until this past February I have not even sniffed the air of a GM dealer. Both myself and my father have only driven Ford or Lincoln product. My mother was in a bad accident last Jan and wrote off their 6 month old Lincoln MKZ , thank fully everybody was fine . I went to the Lincoln dealer I have been dealing with for 25 years and could not get anywhere near the sweetheart deal on a 2012 Lincoln MKZ that they lost even as the new body was being introduced. I gave my father a list of cars to check out and he came back with ATS. Long story short , not only did I get my father an ATS , I was ready to order for myself A NEW Lincoln MKX, I checked out the SRX, the sales Mngr gave me a SRX for the day. Not only did the Lincoln dealer lose two new cars , the Caddy dealer treated me like a long term owner ,and I received two incredible deals on an SRX and ATS. I am waiting for the new generation as I will give this one to my wife and get myself new. Shoe
    Hello shoeman,

I am very glad to hear that your family was not hurt in the accident they were involved in recently! I am very glad to hear that the Cadillac dealership you were working with was able to treat you very well and that you and your father are now part of the Cadillac Family! Please let us know if you need any assistance locating your new vehicle when the time comes! Thanks for sharing your experience!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

benjam756 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx

While in my SRX (2013 premium),it whole it's own to any other crossover on the road, no second fiddle here , in case you have not figure it out,I LOVE IT !!

JohnnyBzSRX is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX FWD Performance - Xenon Blue / Shale-Brownstone

We've owned our '13 Performance FWD since late August, have ~1300 miles on it now. ZERO complaints or problems (unless you count the email I got from from OnStar stating the tires needed a little air). Planning on a trip from NE Indiana to the southern tip of Texas in December. We have two children, 3 and 11, they both love the SRX too.

This car replaced my wife's 300C Hemi (which I drive now). Summer toys are a '98 T/A WS6 'vert and a '68 Cutlass S, so we are used to alot of power. With few exceptions, all we've owned are V8-RWD cars (the only previous FWD car I've owned was a '92 LeBaron). Prior to the 300C, we owned a 2000 Lincoln LS V8, which was a wonderful driving car. Too bad the "Ford quality" shined through just a bit too much. The more I drive the SRX the more it grows on me as a driver. It doesn't have the top-heavy feel that alot of cross-overs tend to have. And the 3.6L has surprizing power when I put the foot down. Right now the AVG MPG meter is reading 17.8MPG in city driving, we'll see how it does on the highway soon. The 300C can get 23-24MPG on the highway, and I've gotten over 28MPG on the T/A (6-speed) when it was barely broken in. So I have high expectations for this V6, even though its pushing more air than either the 300C or T/A.

You won't be disappointed if you get the SRX.

westham is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    Has anyone in this thread owned anything other than a GM product?
    Yes, I've owned a VW, Mercedes, Ford, Toyota, 3 Hondas, Volvo, Audi & 3 Jeeps all of them were enjoyable and reliable. I still have my 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland

rvehock is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Lux

Just picked up a 2014 SRX Lux to replace our Acura TL and so far we are very happy with the SRX.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by rvehock View Post
    Just picked up a 2014 SRX Lux to replace our Acura TL and so far we are very happy with the SRX.
    Welcome to Cadillac Owners, rvehock. Congratulations on your recent purchase of a '14 SRX! I am glad you are happy with your Cadillac so far. Gregory and I monitor the Cadillac forums and are here to assist with vehicle inquiries and concerns. With this being said, if you ever have any questions or concerns you would like to discuss, don't hesitate to contact us. We can be reached via private message or by email at socialmedia@gm.com.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

georule is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury AWD Silver Coast Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    Has anyone in this thread owned anything other than a GM product?
    My 2013 SRX Luxury is actually the first GM product I've ever bought (love it, tho it is in the shop right now replacing CUE, which died), and my age starts with a "5". Mostly Fords here (including a couple of lovely Mustang GT convertibles), tho most recently a Dodge Durango with a 5.7L Hemi.

I find the AWD SRX with the ultraview sunroof and the new-ish 3.6L engine to be in the sweet-spot of driveability, safety, luxury/comfort, fun, getting around downtown traffic and parking garages, and significant hauling capability. . . in style.

davedogcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium (3.0L, FWD), 2008 CTS (3.6L DI, AWD)

Bought my 2010 SRX Premium in January. While it had some (well documented) bugs at first that I guess the previous owner never noticed, now that they have been worked out (all under warranty) I absolutely love this vehicle! My favorite vehicle so far (which as long as we are talking vehicle history includes; a 1987 Cadillac Deville, a 1992 Cadillac Eldorado, a 2005 Cadillac SRX, and now the 2010 Cadillac SRX...it's an addiction I tell ya! And my age starts with a "3").

I don't expect a car to be perfect or bug free, but it would be nice if the dealerships were more familiar with the common issues, and would be great if you didn't have to know more about the solution to said issue to get anything accomplished. /rant
    TheCaptain and georule like this.

westham is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

Quote Originally Posted by davedogcaddy View Post
    Bought my 2010 SRX Premium in January. While it had some (well documented) bugs at first that I guess the previous owner never noticed, now that they have been worked out (all under warranty) I absolutely love this vehicle! My favorite vehicle so far (which as long as we are talking vehicle history includes; a 1987 Cadillac Deville, a 1992 Cadillac Eldorado, a 2005 Cadillac SRX, and now the 2010 Cadillac SRX...it's an addiction I tell ya! And my age starts with a "3").

I don't expect a car to be perfect or bug free, but it would be nice if the dealerships were more familiar with the common issues, and would be great if you didn't have to know more about the solution to said issue to get anything accomplished. /rant
    I could not agree with you more on your rant davedogcaddy.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.