2010 Sunroof Problem
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2010 Sunroof Problem in Cadillac SRX Forums; I have a 2010 SRX with a sunroof problem. When closing, it gets all the way closed but then reverses ...
    Black SRX Perf is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Perform, Black Raven, Shale/Ebony, 20" Chrome

2010 Sunroof Problem

I have a 2010 SRX with a sunroof problem. When closing, it gets all the way closed but then reverses itself and reopens about 8" and stops. I've tried to close it several times and even tried to help it along but it still reverses. Anyone have this prob before? Is there a sensor or something that causes it to reverse? Hope this is something simple and will not require a trip to the dealer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Re: 2010 Sunroof Problem

Yes, I have the same problem. I found the below Service Bulletin. Took mine in for the fix. I saw exactly no difference. It still does it. Mine only does it if you start to close the sunroof (or shade) while the engine is running, then turn the car off at about 2/3 closed. If you start and finish closing it while the engine is running, or if you start and finish closing after the engine shuts off (via Retained Accessory Power), it closes fine. It's one of those weird quirks. I'll bet all of the 2010-2012 models do it. Most people probably just haven't discovered it yet. It takes so long for that huge Ultra View to close, I always start closing it before I arrive at my destination anyway. Still, that's no excuse for it not working properly. If you find out anything more on this problem, please let me know. I discovered it shortly after buying. At the time, there was no fix. Now, there's a fix, even if it exist on paper only.

Were you not able to get your sunroof closed at all?

2010 - 2011 SRX

Sunroof panel reverses while closing

Install new sunroof wind deflector

Service Bulletin no. PI0444

Sube

Black SRX Perf is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Perform, Black Raven, Shale/Ebony, 20" Chrome

Thanks Sube for the info. I screwed around with the thing in my garage last night and finally got it to close. Strangely enough, all I did was mess with the deflector. There is like a "ribbon" type piece at each front corner and the one on the driver's side appeared to be bending differently than the one on the left. I don't know if that was the problem or not but once I got it closed, I was not going to open it again. Next time I go in for service, I will have them check it out.

Thanks again.

Steve

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Black SRX Perf View Post
    Thanks Sube for the info. I screwed around with the thing in my garage last night and finally got it to close. Strangely enough, all I did was mess with the deflector. There is like a "ribbon" type piece at each front corner and the one on the driver's side appeared to be bending differently than the one on the left. I don't know if that was the problem or not but once I got it closed, I was not going to open it again. Next time I go in for service, I will have them check it out.

Thanks again.

Steve
    Hello Steve,

I am glad you were able to resolve your sunroof concern for now. When you go in for service next, please let me know. If you would like my assistance while working with the dealer, I am more than happy to help. I can be contacted via private message and can also help answer any questions you have.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.