How to tell if SRX has been reported in an accident.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, How to tell if SRX has been reported in an accident. in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hello....I just registered today on this forum. Can anyone help me out or steer me in the right direction as ...
    Missy's2010 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2010

How to tell if SRX has been reported in an accident.

Hello....I just registered today on this forum. Can anyone help me out or steer me in the right direction as to the best way to find out if my car is showing up clean on carfax or any other car checking site. I have been trying to claim a DV and the insurance company is stating it has a clean record. The car has been in an accident and should not be showing a clear report. There was a great deal of damage but it was not totaled. Thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

retcad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Re: How to tell if SRX has been reported in an accident.

Not sure what a 'DV ' is. From your post, it seems that your car was in an accident after you purchased it. I would suggest providing your insurance company with a police report or pictures from an adjuster. Your post begs several questions. Are you discovering that your car was in an accident prior to purchase? If it was in a severe accident, what does a car fax have to do with you and your insurance company?

Maybe Laura or Gregory, after apologizing and repeating your post, can elaborate.

At first blush, and please take no offense, your post raises a few red flags.

AzSRX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX
    DV = Diminished Value: the reduction in market value as the result of the vehicle having been in an accident. If the repairs aren't perfect then there is the value associated with the noticeable difference. But even if they are perfect, there is still the lower value the vehicle would see in the market compared to a vehicle that has not been in an accident. Presumably you'd be arguing with the insurance company of an at fault driver who was paying to repair your car (or trying to get your insurance company to argue for you). But I guess it could be with your own insurance company after a claim you make for an accident you caused. Although I've started to see references to this, I've never heard from anyone who has pursued a DV claim.

'12CTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX AWD Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Missy's2010
    Hello....I just registered today on this forum. Can anyone help me out or steer me in the right direction as to the best way to find out if my car is showing up clean on carfax or any other car checking site. I have been trying to claim a DV and the insurance company is stating it has a clean record. The car has been in an accident and should not be showing a clear report. There was a great deal of damage but it was not totaled. Thank you.
    I would assume the car was repaired after the major? accident and not reported on a database and you bought the '10 SRX from a shady used car dealer in good faith; now you are feeling cheated, which you should. You need a good lawyer; not advice from this forum. Oops, I guess I just gave you some advise.

paid4c4 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX/AWD Premium

Sometimes accidents and other events fail to be captured by Carfax or other reporting companies. I have a Toyota Tacoma was in a wreck which rendered it a "total" by the insurance. I purchased the truck from an insurance auction and licensed it as a reconstructed salvaged vehicle. The DV was a great savings for me in both the initial registering of the vehicle and my annual renewal. Even after all this documentation the vehicle doesn't show up as salvaged or damaged by the reporting companies.
    Bill

Missy's2010 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2010

Thank you all for your responses. Can anyone run a Carfax on here if I provide the VIN?

wiperman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 gold mist SRX Performance
    You can easily run your own Carfax. Just go to www.carfax.com, and make sure you have your VIN close by.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.