Issue with SiriusXM Service - Heads up.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By halp
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Issue with SiriusXM Service - Heads up. in Cadillac SRX Forums; I have a 2010 SRX that I've been paying annual subscription to SiriusXM for. My lease expired in August 2013 ...
    algiorda is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 , 2010, 2014 Luxury Raven Blk w/Ebony

Thumbs down Issue with SiriusXM Service - Heads up.

I have a 2010 SRX that I've been paying annual subscription to SiriusXM for. My lease expired in August 2013 and my residual was so low, I decided to purchase the vehicle from the dealer. After the purchase, I noticed the dealer gave me a 3 month Free SiriusXM trial.

Not good....SiriusXM in their infinite wisdom, cancelled my regular subscription, refunded the balance on my registered credit card, and when the 3 month trial expired, they deactivated my radio.

Please keep in mind I did not agree or know about any of this until my radio stopped receiving XM signals and I tried to refresh the radio and XM told me my account was deactivated.

Speaking to XM customer care was like speaking to a 3 year old. I got so frustrated by the whole issue, I had to hang up before I lost my temper and have decided to listen to free FM radio for a while. Quite simply outrageously bad customer service. All they had to do was apologize for the misunderstanding, waive the re-activation fee, give me a free month or something, and I would have been a happy camper. Instead they quoted policy and defended the dealer initiated policy of providing me with free service. GRRRRRrrrrrrr!!!

Be forewarned if you have the same situation.

I hate SiriusXM!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

'12CTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX AWD Premium
    I've had XM or Sirius service since 2003. I love the service, but hate the customer service. I could write a small book about my encounters with customer service and the countless hours on the phone talking to someone in India, or God knows where. However, I bear some responsibility since I've owned so many cars (14) since 2003 (44 total) and every CSR had no idea how to transfer service. I wish you could just do everything online without having to talk to anyone, but I have learned there are people in Asia named Bruce, Barbie, Elvis, Jeff, etc. with American sounding names.

algiorda is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 , 2010, 2014 Luxury Raven Blk w/Ebony

Re: Issue with SiriusXM Service - Heads up.

Yikes...14 cars since 2003? Do you trade it in every 2 years? I bet you've had quite a collection and wish you had some of your 1st 20 cars now!!!

300:29:1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV
    I've found XM customer service to be greatly improved each time I've called, the rep had handled my issue in a satisfactory way. I've even spoken with people whom I could easily understand at times. This isn't the XM I remember from the early days before the merger. The OP's issue is certainly a frustrating one.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

I finally got tired of having to call every year to haggle about their outrageous pricing. If you are paying full price for XM you are being ripped off. But, having to haggle is just a big aggravation. I also think that the songs on the channels I listened to repeated way too often. I cancelled it and have had no regrets.

retcad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

I had 3 months free Sirius as well. After renewing, they cancelled my service. I spoke with their customer disservice people on three occasions and was appalled at their lack of knowledge and courtesy. How they stay in business is a mystery. I demanded (and received) my money back. Won't go near these knuckleheads again.

halp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX & 2004 CTS

They stay in business because they are the only game in town. I'm tired of paying for cable, internet, cell phone, data, I listen to the radio for free. There are many stations and many choices. Went the same route with OnStar, got tired of paying them too. I can call 911 from my cell phone and find out where I have to go with my NAV. Soon they will figure a way out to charge you to open the door or start the car.
    algiorda and stevec5375 like this.

retcad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Saw a commercial for Sirius on late night TV. From now until Dec. 6, anyone with a Sirius radio can listen for free. Sure enough, I can pick up Sirius again, although I have no intention of re-subscribing.

Since they had not mentioned this on the weekly e-mails they send me offering special 'deals', I figured I'd pass the info along.

greyghost04 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS 2.0 Luxury AWD, '12 SRX 3.6 AWD

You will recieve a postcard from XM asking you to renew for $25 for 6 months. You can actually call them now and say you got the offer and they will honor it. Tell them you don't have a credit card and to bill you. Believe me it's worth the $2 service charge.

Zachary is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac SRX Luxury Crystal Red

One thing I would like to add ( which is a bit off subject ) is OnStar . When I bought my SRX it came with the Directions and Connections service free for 3 months . After the 3 months I was going to let it expire 'cause I never use it plus I have Nav. in my SRX . Looked at my last credit card billing statement only to discover they were starting to charge me for the service . I called them and talked to some over seas idiot and ask them who gave them permission to start charging my card ! Found out that if you have a card on file , and you don't call them and tell them to cancel after your free 3 mos. they start to automatically start charging your credit card ! BEWARE read the fine print . And then they don't want to let you go telling you all the things that you won't be able to do without them . JFYI .

westham is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

Quote Originally Posted by retcad View Post
    Saw a commercial for Sirius on late night TV. From now until Dec. 6, anyone with a Sirius radio can listen for free. Sure enough, I can pick up Sirius again, although I have no intention of re-subscribing.

Since they had not mentioned this on the weekly e-mails they send me offering special 'deals', I figured I'd pass the info along.
    Nice one retcad, I dumped my Sirius as I was not pleased with the customer service, but I don't mind listening for free, thanks for sharing. :-)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.