Let's talk Tires...I have the Original Michelin Lattitudes at 42k!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Let's talk Tires...I have the Original Michelin Lattitudes at 42k! in Cadillac SRX Forums; The Michelin Lattitudes are rated for 60k. Mine are at 42k, but they look a little slick. Dealer inspection says ...
    algiorda is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 , 2010, 2014 Luxury Raven Blk w/Ebony

Let's talk Tires...I have the Original Michelin Lattitudes at 42k!

The Michelin Lattitudes are rated for 60k. Mine are at 42k, but they look a little slick. Dealer inspection says they are at mid-way to replacement @ 6/32.

Anyone else have these tires and what is your mileage/when did you replace? Did you replace with OEM?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

allgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

Re: Let's talk Tires...I have the Original Michelin Lattitudes at 42k!

I got 36,000 miles 3 tires had 4/32 and one had 3/32. It was January in Ohio and still snow season time for a new set
    Went with the Michelins again.

georule is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury AWD Silver Coast Metallic

These seem to be better tires than most OEM trash. Even with AWD, as a Minnesotan I pay close attention to tires. I'll still be putting winter tires on for the serious business of a Minnesota winter (and my tire guy stores my "off season" tires for me for free, so that works out well) so I should get twice the life out of them as they won't be on the car for 5 months out of the year or so. But I did research them before I made that decision, and as OEM tires go they are pretty good all season tires. . . if you don't live where there is serious winter like I do.

retcad is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

I have 46 K on mine. They've been rotated but still plenty of tread. Always make sure your front end is aligned. When it's time for new rubber, I'll stay with the Mich Lats.

Cheap tires on a Caddy makes no sense.
    allgm, TheCaptain and georule like this.

mm9351 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX AWD LUXURY

I have just over 30K on my set of OEM tires and, as others, am amazed with the tread wear life. At this rate, I'm sure I will see 60K miles, assuming I still have the vehicle at that time. I am so impressed with the Michelin's, I bought another set of the same tires for my other SUV!

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

The Michelins are awesome for an all season tire, but when push comes to shove (in snow/ice season) I need a dedicated winter tire. The Latitude Tour's are fair on snow and a little poor on ice.
    My '10 SRX went about 45k kms on the stockers (and they still have tread left, but we switch them to winters for winter).
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

I didn't consider the impact of winter driving since I live in the South, but I would agree with most posters I would probably replace my tires if I had to drive in snow/ice. We do get amazing downpours here which cause heaving ponding on the roads and hydroplaning is a big issue. I've noticed with the wear I have, my hydroplaning is more severe. I've priced a new set of tires are Tire Kingdom, my dealer, and a local tire store, and the average seems to be $1,000.00 installed. The dealer was highest with $1,250.00 with hazard insurance.

westham is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

OEM Lats here also, 36, 300 miles and still look and feel good, I will replace with the same again when the time comes.

MJDART is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium

Those milage figures sound good to me, my '06 CTS with Michelin Pilot Super Sports would get 36K & I was happy with that, the numbers you guys are experiencing made my day.

packardv8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Saab 9-4X Premium XWD

In the northern latitudes there is no such thing as an all-season tire. Up here in the frozen northwest, AWD and all-season tires put more people in the ditch on their roof than any other single factor. I'll be putting on the snow tires/wheels in a week or so, as Halloween usually marks the beginning of winter up here above the 47th parallel.

Having said that, for six months of the year, the Mics are an excellent all-around tire. Mine will probably weathercheck and get hard before they wear out.

jack vines
    TheCaptain likes this.

georule is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury AWD Silver Coast Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by packardv8 View Post
    In the northern latitudes there is no such thing as an all-season tire. Up here in the frozen northwest, AWD and all-season tires put more people in the ditch on their roof than any other single factor. I'll be putting on the snow tires/wheels in a week or so, as Halloween usually marks the beginning of winter up here above the 47th parallel.

Having said that, for six months of the year, the Mics are an excellent all-around tire. Mine will probably weathercheck and get hard before they wear out.

jack vines
    That's one of the reasons I went with the 18" rims. Finding quality 22" snow tires isn't going to happen. Tho I gather some folks switch out the rims with the tires seasonally, (18" for winter and 22" for summer).

I'm looking at Goodyear Ultra Grip ICE WRT in a few weeks.

packardv8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Saab 9-4X Premium XWD

I have 18" Goodyear winter tires.

Note to anyone buying wheels to mount winter tires. I found a great buy on OEM wheels in mint condition. Unfortunately, I didn't think to check and the seller had removed the tire pressure senders to his aftermarket wheels. Tire stores think the new requirement to have working TPS is a license to steal. They're trying to get $100 for a $40 sender and then another charge for mounting and programming it.
    allgm likes this.

cadigirlchicago2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

Hi Everyone!

I’m over 60K miles and it’s time for new tires before winter hits. I have been shopping around, Costco, Discount Tires, etc etc and it seems the price the dealership is quoting me on tires is the best. I’m getting all 4 replaced. They quoted me $824 for all 4 tires ( going with the ones that came with the car ) $50 per tire for mount/install, some stupid fee of $10-$20 for some weights. I thought that was it. I called today to book it and now they’re telling me I should really get a 4 wheel alignment which is going to run me another $285.00
    Is there anywhere else that I can take it for this alignment that might be a better price?
    Is the 4 wheel alignment necessary or just the front 2?

Cadigirl,

I wholeheartedly recommend getting the 4 wheel alignment with a new set of tires. For me, I drive over many speed bumps and RR tracks daily and I'm sure I can get out of align at some point. I will say $285 does sound a little high to me. 60k on those tires are awesome, I'm glad I didn't change them at 42k. So your total price is $1,104 before taxes, hazard insurance, alignment, and disposal fee. I think you can get a price match from your dealer, but I would still shop around.

Turbo Dude is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium 2.8 Turbo AWD |Platinum Ice Tricoat

Just turned 46k on the Lat originals. Definitely going with the same when the time comes. They still have a few more month of life in them. Costco usually has a fair price on them with a decent manufacturer rebate/discount most of the time.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.