Rain Sense Wipers
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By stevec5375
  • 1 Post By njacobsen
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Rain Sense Wipers in Cadillac SRX Forums; Occasionally on a clear day with a clean windshield my wipers will take one swipe and stop for no apparent ...
    RedBeauty is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

Rain Sense Wipers

Occasionally on a clear day with a clean windshield my wipers will take one swipe and stop for no apparent reason. My dealer says this is normal behavior. Anyone else experience this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

shoeman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Luxury Platinum Tri Coat
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBeauty View Post
    Occasionally on a clear day with a clean windshield my wipers will take one swipe and stop for no apparent reason. My dealer says this is normal behavior. Anyone else experience this?
    Ihave the same thing with my 2013 luxury. My dealer called it the phantom swipe. They see it ongoing yet there is no remedy. Shoe

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Re: Rain Sense Wipers

I suspect something like an insect could cause it.
    allgm likes this.

njacobsen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX AWD Premium, Xenon Blue, 20" Chrome

Rather than let the phantom swipe unnecessarily wear the wipers and possibly scratch the windshield, I simply turn the wipers off until the first drops of rain. I am happy with the rain sense automatically regulating the wiper speed during periods of variable rain intensity which it does quite well.

The phantom swipes could be caused by any dirt, bugs, or even streaks from cleaning the windshield and any attempt to make them less susceptible to the phantom swipes will undoubtedly cause the rain sense to be less responsive to the changes in rain intensity.

My advice is not to complain about a system that seems to work quite well...if Cadillac gets enough complaints they are likely to disable or make the rain sense less responsive like they took away the auto memory for the driver seat and now we must all manually set the memory position.
    TheCaptain likes this.

RedBeauty is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

I asked because in 3 years of owning a 2010 luxury it never occurred. I now have a 2013 premium and it has happened several times. It's not an issue that concerns me just one I find odd and was curious if anyone else experienced it. As stated my dealer told me it is normal so perhaps in my case anyway there has been a change to the rain sense since 2010. Thanks for the responses.

'12CTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX Premium AWD Black/Ebony w/Dr Assist & 20" Chrome
    You can change the sensitivity to more or less on the stalk. Yes, the phantom wipe is normal with high sensitivity selected.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.