2010 SRX Breaks Redone
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By allgm
  • 2 Post By retcad
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2010 SRX Breaks Redone in Cadillac SRX Forums; My wife's 2010 SRX (20000 miles) stored in my garage over the summer (May to Oct). Got it out of ...
    mv22 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX4

2010 SRX Breaks Redone

My wife's 2010 SRX (20000 miles) stored in my garage over the summer (May to Oct). Got it out of storage yesterday ready for the winter...so I thought. I expected some rust on the rotors after sitting. Well, I pulled out of the driveway hearing some minor grinding of the breaks then thud, thud, thud, thud, thud as I came to a stop. Steering wheel bucking in my hand. Took it to the dealer and $1500 later (rotors and pads) my breaks are fine again. I asked the service desk about this and they said it is common when vehicles sit for long periods. Breaks seize and rotors and pads fail.
    My wife's 2000 Celica (30000 miles) and my 05 Mustang (12000 miles) have been stored every winter. Both have the original breaks. Never an issue.
    Not happy!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

allgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

Re: 2010 SRX Breaks Redone

Unless you have a rain forest in your garage I don't buy it. I have bought old cars that sat for years in fields with no problems except maybe wheel cylinders leak.
    TheCaptain likes this.

retcad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Taking it to a dealer was your first mistake.................

NotMine is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Lux, with several upgrades

This is a bit rhetorical....

But does a dealer change the pads and rotors on their inventory vehicles before they are sold? Hell, some new vehicles aren't sold for a year.........look at all the 2013's the dealers now have. I was at one dealer today who had a 2012 SRX with 300 miles (still untitled).

While some vehicles experience some rust on the rotors that will cause the infamous pulsing brake pedal, they are easily cleaned. I've even done some brake "tests" where I cleaned them by a proscribed brake application procedure.

Long answer, sorry. The dealer spouted pure BS even though you MAY have had a brake problem.

retcad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Dealers spouting BS? I'm shocked! My experience has been to take a car to a dealer only when it's warranty work. Find a local, ASE certified mechanic whom you trust and you and your wallet will always come out ahead.
    TheCaptain and stevec5375 like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.