Husky Floor Liners
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Husky Floor Liners in Cadillac SRX Forums; In the below thread, it appears that the WeatherTech liners to not fully cover the dead pedal / foot rest. ...
    rawson819 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Luxury SRX

Question Husky Floor Liners

In the below thread, it appears that the WeatherTech liners to not fully cover the dead pedal / foot rest. This seems illogical to me and I was curious if the Husky liners had better coverage of this area. If someone has a picture they could post for comparison, I would really appreciate it!

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...errerid=321250

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

SRX-MTL is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

Re: Husky Floor Liners

I prefer the Husky Weatherbeater liners because the rear ends of it are higher than the Weathertech liners so in acceleration or when climbing a hill if you have a lot of salted water in your liners, it remains inside the liners instead of going out from it like it does with the Weathertech. When you take out the liners in spring, your carpet under the liners will be full of dried salt. Also, the Husky liners cover more the dead/rest pedal than the Weathertech and finally, Husky liners are cheaper !!! Yes the Weathertech may look nicer but for me they are less effective when come to protection which is habitually the main reason why you buy it. This is my opinion.

Huacha is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac SRX AWD Premium, Platinum Ice/Lt Titanium

I just got my Husky Weatherbeater liners in yesterday evening, and they look and fit nicely. They are a bit shinier than the weathertechs that I have had in the past, but it's still a matte finish. The spikes on the bottom of the mats are a nice touch to keep the mats from moving, but they are very sharp and will pierce your skin if you are not careful. It does totally cover the dead pedal and fully covers the area behind the gas pedal.

The only thing is that it will probably take some time for the mats to relax back to its intended shape, since it comes kind of squished in the box. With it being relatively cold out (Michigan), it'll take even more time, so it may look like it doesn't fit in some spots, but my expectation is that it will eventually. The Husky liners don't have the lip that comes up and over the bottom of the door area, so debris can fall into that gap. I personally like that the lip isn't there because the illuminated Cadillac doorsill is still visible.

I'll try to remember to take some pictures this weekend so that you can see the fitment for yourself.

So far, I am happy with them. We'll see if that changes next spring when I go to clean under the mats.

Huacha

Thank you both for your replies and insight! Pics would be great if you get the chance.

dbair07 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac SRX

I originally bought the weathertechs and switched them out for the Husky's. I have had the husky's for about 3 months now and they don't fit as well as the weathertechs especially because they don't snap into place. They have spikes on the bottom which still tend to slide out of place. They are ok. I wish Weathertech's would actually fit.

dbair07,

So which of the two would you recommend?

dbair07 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac SRX

Well it's tough. I prefer the Weathertech's overall build quality and design but the retention system for the SRX just doesn't work with the Weathertech's. They will admit that themselves so I have had to settle for the Husky liners. If the weathertech's get fixed or are fixed don't even question it and get those but for now it is what it is.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.