2010 SRX - Water Leaking Under Glove Box When Raining Outside
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2010 SRX - Water Leaking Under Glove Box When Raining Outside in Cadillac SRX Forums; Has anyone experienced water leaking underneath the glove box when driving in the rain. I own a 2010 SRX and ...
    SavvymomTX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac SRX

Exclamation 2010 SRX - Water Leaking Under Glove Box When Raining Outside

Has anyone experienced water leaking underneath the glove box when driving in the rain. I own a 2010 SRX and have had other issues, but not water leaking inside the car. Posts on other sites suggest there might be a leak in the sunroof, a clogged vent tube, or a blocked evap core drain.

If you have taken your SRX in for this type of repair, please let me know what the diagnosis was and applicable costs (or if the repair was covered by the Cadillac warranty).

Thanks,
    SavvymomTX

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

westham is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

Re: 2010 SRX - Water Leaking Under Glove Box When Raining Outside

I had a friend withy a 2010 SRX with a similar leak and it ended up being the sun roof drain tube had up disconnected (I think there maybe a joint somewhere along the tube but I'm not sure)
    Hope this helps

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by SavvymomTX View Post
    Has anyone experienced water leaking underneath the glove box when driving in the rain. I own a 2010 SRX and have had other issues, but not water leaking inside the car. Posts on other sites suggest there might be a leak in the sunroof, a clogged vent tube, or a blocked evap core drain.

If you have taken your SRX in for this type of repair, please let me know what the diagnosis was and applicable costs (or if the repair was covered by the Cadillac warranty).

Thanks,
    SavvymomTX
    Hello SavvymomTX,

Welcome to the forum! We are happy to have you part of the Cadillac community. I am sorry you are experiencing a water leaking issue in your SRX. Please private message us and include your contact information, VIN and current mileage. I would like the opportunity to further discuss your situation. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

SavvymomTX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac SRX

Thank you Westham for sharing this information - very helpful! Seems weird that water from the roof would make it's way down and underneath the glove box - but hey - I'm no automobile design engineer! :-)

----------

Laura M. - Thanks for responding. It's nice to know that GM/Cadillac has it's Customer Care team trolling forums so as to respond to threads that include the term Cadillac; shows you care about your brand (and hopefully your customers)!

I'm not sure how to private message you, but if you provide an 800 number I'd be happy to call.

retcad is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Hi, Savvy,

I own a 2010 as well. No leakage (no sunroof), but I'm curious about the 'other issues' you've had with your car.

Quote Originally Posted by SavvymomTX View Post
    Thank you Westham for sharing this information - very helpful! Seems weird that water from the roof would make it's way down and underneath the glove box - but hey - I'm no automobile design engineer! :-)

----------

Laura M. - Thanks for responding. It's nice to know that GM/Cadillac has it's Customer Care team trolling forums so as to respond to threads that include the term Cadillac; shows you care about your brand (and hopefully your customers)!

I'm not sure how to private message you, but if you provide an 800 number I'd be happy to call.
    Hello SavvymomTX,

You are welcome. I am more than happy to assist you throughout this process. I can be contacted via private message by clicking the tab on the top left of the page. I can also be contacted via email at socialmedia@gm.com, with "ATTN LAURA" in the headline.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

zinner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V / 2010 SRX 2.8T

yeah our 2010 SRX filled up with water pretty bad. Same spot. Honestly I am not sure how that much water (had to be gallons) got past the seals on the sunroof. Dealer gave the same reason to us for the leak.

To this day I am pretty sure water makes it in the cabin, after car washes it smells like soap/water for days.

Quote Originally Posted by zinner View Post
    yeah our 2010 SRX filled up with water pretty bad. Same spot. Honestly I am not sure how that much water (had to be gallons) got past the seals on the sunroof. Dealer gave the same reason to us for the leak.

To this day I am pretty sure water makes it in the cabin, after car washes it smells like soap/water for days.
    Hello zinner,

I am sorry for any trouble you experienced with water leakage. I understand your concern for water still making it into your cabin. If you would like to further discuss your situation or have questions, please contact us via private message. We are here to assist!

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Amcberetta is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX W/Nav

This happened to me 2 weeks ago we were getting a big Nor'easter here in VA and my front passenger floor boards were literally flooded. We don't have covered parking at work, so I rushed over to the Dealership. At first the advisor wasn't sure where the rain was coming from. Then he said it might be a sunroof drain issue. After 4 days of being in the shop, he called me and did confirm that was the issue. Now,GM has a "bulletin" out about this issue, however, its not a recall at this time. Now here is the tricky part with me.... My SRX's Bumper to Bumper had just expired 300 miles or so ago. However, since this is an on going issue with the SRX the advisor was able to cover most of it under warranty which I was pleased about. I paid $200 for the repair work. He did tell me that normally it would be closer to the $1,000 range due to the labor involved. He told me that they had to remove the seat and the carpet to dry the the floor out. Then fix the plug and reassemble everything. Needless to say when I got the car back it was dry and had no mildew smell. It has rained since I got the car back and its dry and still no smell. So they really did a great job on drying it out. Hopefully this will be a recall at some point...

Quote Originally Posted by Amcberetta View Post
    This happened to me 2 weeks ago we were getting a big Nor'easter here in VA and my front passenger floor boards were literally flooded. We don't have covered parking at work, so I rushed over to the Dealership. At first the advisor wasn't sure where the rain was coming from. He said it might be a sunroof drain issue. After 4 days of being in the shop, he called me and did confirm that was the issue. Now,GM has a "bulletin" out about this issue, however, its not a recall at this time. Now here is the tricky part with me.... My SRX's Bumper to Bumper had just expired 300 miles or so ago. However, since this is an on going issue with the SRX the advisor was able to cover most of it under warranty which I was pleased about. I paid $200 for the repair work. He did tell me that normally it would be closer to the $1,000 range to the labor involved. He told me that they had to remove the seat and the carpet to dry the the floor out. Then fix the plug and reassemble everything. Needless to say when I got the car back it was dry and had no mildew smell. It has rained since I got the car back and its dry and still no smell. So they really did a great job on drying it out. Hopefully this will be a recall at some point...
    Hello Amcberetta,

I apologize you experienced an issue with water leaking under your glove box when it rained. I am glad you were able to work with your dealership towards resolving this concern. Thank you for sharing your experience, we appreciate customer feedback. Continue to enjoy your SRX! If any questions arise, please contact me via private message so I can assist.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Born Loser is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

This is a fairly common problem, with the 2010's anyway. There are many threads in hear about it. The drain line from the sunroof is a bit to short. It has a rubber fitting that plugs into a hole in the dash. The plug comes out, and any water on the roof runs into the dash and comes out under the glove box. Why there is no recall on this, I have no idea. I push mine back in every few months.

DTurmel is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2012 AWD Luxury
    Does the 2012 and above have same problem?

Also any pictures you can share?

Want to see if there is a way to be proactive about it.

sjmichel is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

I have started having this issue recently as well. Wasn't sure exactly what the cause was so thought I would do a search and found this thread. I hope this is covered under the extended warranty we bought!

Quote Originally Posted by sjmichel View Post
    I have started having this issue recently as well. Wasn't sure exactly what the cause was so thought I would do a search and found this thread. I hope this is covered under the extended warranty we bought!
    Hello sjmichel,

I am sorry you are experiencing a water leakage in your vehicle. Have you been able to speak with your dealer about this concern yet? If you would like my assistance, please send me a private message. Include your full contact information, VIN, current mileage and dealer name and location. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

TORONTO-SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac SRX Luxury Edition

How can I be sure my 2010 SRX Luxury edition won't have the sunroof drain leaking into the cabin AGAIN? Before I bought the car, dealer records showed that a 'plugged sunroof drain tube' had flooded the interior...seats had to be taken out and the carpet professionally dried. Apparently, the rubber tubes go down inside the windshield posts. Why wouldn't the tubes be longer, in one piece - and go right down to the ground? Perhaps freeze up issues? But that would be ridiculous...Who has their sunroof open in the winter, anyway?

I'd like to be sure that this doesn't happen to me (like it did with the previous owner, but under warranty!)...

Can someone supply pics of where the tubes are and where they go through the firewall (and where the water goes)? The manual does say not to leave the sunroof open, because dust and debris could get into the tubes and block them.

I've had lots of cars with sunroofs and never heard of this sort of problem before.

Toronto-SRX

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.