2010 SRX - Water Leaking Under Glove Box When Raining Outside - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2010 SRX - Water Leaking Under Glove Box When Raining Outside in Cadillac SRX Forums; Anyone? I'm tired of talking to dealers..lol...
    Heavybody is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V and 94 SLS
    Anyone? I'm tired of talking to dealers..lol

robonymous is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX AWD Luxury

Re: 2010 SRX - Water Leaking Under Glove Box When Raining Outside

Quote Originally Posted by Heavybody View Post
    So has anyone actually fixed this themselves ?

Or does anyone have an actual repair cost from a dealer?

Thanks for your help
    Mine cost $450 to have the Cadillac dealer fix the drain tubes from the sunroof.

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

I seem to recall someone extending the tubes with rubber tubing down near the floor board in order to keep the drains from pulling away from their mounting point.

srxycaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX4 PERFORMANCE (Mocha Steel Met. / Shale Brownstone)

Someone also mentioned trying a body shop for the labor. I'm sure just about any hose with a coupling of some sort would work (a few bucks in parts).

Heavybody is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V and 94 SLS
    I was able to fix it rather simply with some flexible hose from Home Depot !

$5 later I feel like the king of the world with my red neck fixed caddy!!

I'll write it up when I have some time so others don't have waste time or money with less than helpful dealers !!! Fixing a known defect shouldn't be this difficult

----------

Thank you to all for your input !
    stevec5375 likes this.

maeng9981 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 SRX, 12 Sierra, 00 SLS, 99 Deville 50-year Anniversary

I had this problem with the 2010. Visited the dealer several times, every time they cleaned the drain tubes and the end of it. It did not fix the problem, but trading it in for a 2014 fixed it.

mercilessming is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 DeVille, 2012 SRX

Well, It's LEAKING again ! Had my 2010SRX sunroof drain leak fixed three weeks ago at Rick Hendrick Cadillac, Virginia Beach, VA.
    Today, it's leaking again !...........

I have a service appointment next Saturday for oil change, etc. I'll call them tomorrow and add the LEAK to the list............

Very Frustrating..........
    Hampton, VA

jrose7004 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 10 SRX Luxury

Go to a local body shop like I did. $120.00 and it's done. No stealership hassles!

Zl700 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS-Vsport
    BTW The fastest way to dry out a car and wet carpets is once you vacuumed up the excess water. Run the car with the heat and fan on high and AC turned on, with windows closed of course.
    3 hours and a couple gallons of gas it's dry quick with less mold concerns.
    Might as well make use of the best dehumidifier available.

Of course this is assuming the waters not coming from the evaporator coil. Watch below car for water draining from the coil.

It's still under premium warranty.....l'll give the dealer another chance........................

I meant to say "2012 SRX (Performance)" vice 2010 SRX..................still under warranty......................

jpniedercorn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX

I just bought a used 2011 SRX two weeks ago, and yesterday we had a series of rain storms happen while my car was parked outside work. When I returned to my vehicle after work there was a small flood on the passenger side floor. I took it back into the dealer where I bought it (Moore Cadillac in Chantilly VA), and they seemed to know what it was right away. Talked to the service person who told me that it was most likely the sunroof drain and it would take a couple of days to get the car back since they had to dry out the carpet and the passenger side. I received an update from him today where he said they are going to fix the problem and get it back to me by Friday. So far, the experience has been a good one ... other than the fact that it leaks in the first place.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by jpniedercorn View Post
    I just bought a used 2011 SRX two weeks ago, and yesterday we had a series of rain storms happen while my car was parked outside work. When I returned to my vehicle after work there was a small flood on the passenger side floor. I took it back into the dealer where I bought it (Moore Cadillac in Chantilly VA), and they seemed to know what it was right away. Talked to the service person who told me that it was most likely the sunroof drain and it would take a couple of days to get the car back since they had to dry out the carpet and the passenger side. I received an update from him today where he said they are going to fix the problem and get it back to me by Friday. So far, the experience has been a good one ... other than the fact that it leaks in the first place.
    Yes, the sad part is that this has been going on for years and GM is still producing cars with this problem. Even a year after 2010 one would think that your model would have had this addressed. Sadly, apparently not.

jpniedercorn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    Yes, the sad part is that this has been going on for years and GM is still producing cars with this problem. Even a year after 2010 one would think that your model would have had this addressed. Sadly, apparently not.
    Obviously, from reading this thread, you could argue that the sunroof drain hose could have had a more robust design, but I tend to believe that design flaws will occur, and that it's how the company handles it that is important. I got my car back Thursday evening, and I have to say I give the dealer credit for being competent and treating me well. They dried out the carpet, took it through the car wash (I assume as part of the Q/A check on the repair), and didn't charge me anything for the service or the loaner they provided. I'll have to wait for another rainstorm to see whether the repair holds up, but so far, so good.

One person on this thread mentioned that they fixed their problem by purchasing a newer (2014) SRX model. If the problem occurs between 2010 and 2012 or 2013, and they fixed it by the 2014 model year, that's a reasonable turn around on a design flaw. By the time the problem was really identified as systemic, they were probably in the middle of the 2011 production run, and so a re-design by 2014 makes sense.

Overall, I have to give GM some credit here. I've been treated well so far, and I'm impressed that they do have representatives trolling social media like this board, gathering data about how consumers feel about their products. Hopefully, they use the data to improve their product lines.
    wine1959 likes this.

wine1959 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Escalade

Thank you, Thank you!!! By removing the A-piller I was able to see where the fitting had pulled out of the firewall. Using long skinny pliers I was able to push the fitting back in the firewall. Problem solved. Thanks again for your post and help with this matter!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.