2010 SRX - Water Leaking Under Glove Box When Raining Outside - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2010 SRX - Water Leaking Under Glove Box When Raining Outside in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by mercilessming I was wondering where that water came from in my 2012 SRX........Not a whole lot. I'll ...
    Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: 2010 SRX - Water Leaking Under Glove Box When Raining Outside

Quote Originally Posted by mercilessming View Post
    I was wondering where that water came from in my 2012 SRX........Not a whole lot. I'll be looking for the sunroof drain tube under the glove box.....maybe it came loose................
    Hi mercilessming,

I am sorry you are dealing with this leak concern in your SRX. It looks like you will be using mike22’s advice and addressing the issue yourself. Should you decide to seek additional assistance, please feel free to PM me and I would be happy to discuss this with your further.

Have a great night,

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

jrose7004 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 10 SRX Luxury

I've popped off the a-pillar cover but just can't see where the tube hooks up. I will try again this weekend.

robonymous is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX AWD Luxury

We recently had this sun roof drain tube problem too. Got at least an inch of water in the passenger floor board. I vacuumed it out and put a fan on it for two days to get it dry. The next rain, it happened again. That's when I found this forum and saw what the problem is. I took the car to the dealer and 4 hours and $450 later he said it was fixed. I asked what the fix was and he replied "Adhesive on the tube". I had to think that would have been a brilliant idea to use during manufacturing.

Fast forward to a month later and I've got a "Check Engine" light and the SRX won't run. Had it towed to the mechanic that works on my other cars. He tracked the problem to an electrical connector under the driver's seat that was full of water and was shorting out. He said the wire goes to the gas tank to measure pressure or something like that. He said GM has a TSB out about it that would cost me about $400 to fix. I declined in hopes the sun roof tube fix will now keep water out of the cabin. $150 later, we're back in business.

Mine is going into a body shop Tuesday as they say that they know how to fix it. I had talked to the service writer at my local Cadillac Dealer and I discovered that he couldn't care less about helping me solve the problem. Being a known problem you'd think that they would have had some experience with it.

PittSRX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    New to forums-hey all! My 2011 is doing same thing now-appointment in morning. Called to get it in Thursday but no available appointment until Monday with a loaner. Thankfully I was in a parking garage most of heavy rain but even just commuting has left me with half inch of standing water in floorboard...not sure if it was too much rain or issue is in driver side now too. Hoping to get carpet replaced too. After seeing the forum I am so worried about electronics!

I'd use a wet vac and get that water out of there and roll down the windows and let it dry out. I doubt they'll replace your carpet.

I got mine over to the body shop today and they took part of the dash apart and reconnected the drain hose. They said that they got it all hooked back up and charged me $120.00. It'll be worth it to not have water on the passenger floor any more.

It rained about 2" in Oklahoma City over the last couple of days. The fix worked because it didn't leak a drop in my car. I chock this one up as a victory no matter how small!
    crump13 likes this.

macdad3996 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Dropped my car off on Monday to have dealer take a look and got a call back. There is a service bulletin to have both tubes replaced. Unfortunately my car is out of warranty by 3 months and the dealer is still requiring $100 payment to make a fix that is obviously a design flaw by GM. So if your car isn't leaking yet i suggest taking it in while it is still under warranty to have them fix.

My dealer acted like he had never heard of the problem and absolutely wasn't the least bit interested in finding anything out about it for me. So I took matters into my own hands and got it taken care of. I will absolutely never spend another dime on service at that dealer.
    stevec5375 likes this.

GGMiv is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX (Mocha Steel); 2008 SRX (Gold Mist)
    Quote Originally Posted by macdad3996
    Dropped my car off on Monday to have dealer take a look and got a call back. There is a service bulletin to have both tubes replaced. Unfortunately my car is out of warranty by 3 months and the dealer is still requiring $100 payment to make a fix that is obviously a design flaw by GM. So if your car isn't leaking yet i suggest taking it in while it is still under warranty to have them fix.
    Can you please post the TSB number?

Thanks in advance.

macdad3996 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

According to my paperwork it is showing Service Bulletin #PI004D. I found a website www.cadillacproblems.com and it shows the following. So the fact that the bulletin came out prior to my warranty expiring further pisses me off that this was not covered completely.

VISIBILITY:SUN ROOF ASSEMBLY

Date Reported
    SEPTEMBER 01 2013
    NHTSA Reference
    TSB Reference
    #PI-0044-D
    Description: GM: SOME VEHICLES MAY EXPERIENCE A WATER LEAK ION THE DRIVER OR FRONT PASSENGER'S FLOOR AREA. THIS MAYBE DUE TO A NUMBER OF THINGS SUCH AS A VOID IN THE COWL SEALER,THE SUNROOF DRAIN HOSE MAY NOT BE FULLY CONNECTED, OR THE SUNROOF DRAIN HOS

Repair Information for NHTSA #10052823

mercilessming is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 DeVille, 2012 SRX

My SRX was repaired last Saturday. Service Bulleting PI004D. We'll see how it works out during the next rain here in DC.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hi Mercilessming,

I can understand how frustrating a leaking vehicle must have been but I am happy to hear the dealership was able to resolve the concern. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns.

Katie O.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Heavybody is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V and 94 SLS
    I have been having this same issue ... Thanks to this thread I was able to pop the drain tube back in which worked for about two weeks... And then a day or two the second time.

I stopped in to my most local dealer but the service advisor was not interested in being helpful... The parts department was helpful and now I know that the drain tube is fairly inexpensive . I then called three other Cadillac dealers but only one was willing to give me a guesstemit as to how much it might cost to repair (more kudos for Lindsay Cadillac!) however I live in NH and. Virginia is not a reasonable drive.

So has anyone actually fixed this themselves ?

Or does anyone have an actual repair cost from a dealer?

Thanks for your help

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.