6 additional months of OnStar for participating
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 6 additional months of OnStar for participating in Cadillac SRX Forums; Anyone else get this offered to them? Today's vehicles are at the forefront of advanced safety technology. As cutting-edge innovations ...
    MJDART is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium

6 additional months of OnStar for participating

Anyone else get this offered to them?

Today's vehicles are at the forefront of advanced safety technology. As cutting-edge innovations continue to evolve, the development of these new features that improve safety on our roads will require an understanding of the way we drive. The study we are preparing to conduct will help us better understand the field performance of advanced safety features.

We'd like to give you the opportunity to be part of it
    Based on the combination of safety features on your current vehicle, and your enrollment in the OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics service (OVD Service), you have been selected as a potential candidate to participate in this study.

What's in it for you?
    In appreciation of your participation in this important study, you will be provided with 6 additional months of your current OnStar service at no cost to you. (Please refer to the OnStar Terms and Conditions and Privacy Statement at
    www.onstar.com for more information regarding our collection and use of your information when you have an active OnStar Plan).

You can decide to withdraw from the study at any time by emailing
    safetyresearch@onstar.com. Please include your phone number, last name and zip code in the email so we can process your request. If you do change your mind, or if you discontinue your OVD Service (which is needed to enable OnStar to collect the data), your OnStar subscription will only be extended for the period of time that you participated in the study. Please note that it may take up to 10 days to stop the data collection from your vehicle. Please see the OnStar Terms and Conditions for more information on system limitations.

How it works
    If you choose to participate, OnStar will periodically collect certain data from your vehicle. Examples of information that will be collected include: your vehicle's location information (so we can determine road type (e.g. highway), time of day, and weather conditions), and data relating to your everyday experience of safety features in your vehicle, such as vehicle speed.

It is important for you to know that your identity will not be known to anyone other than OnStar as part of this study. All data collected for this initiative will be anonymized by OnStar (not capable of being identified to you) by assigning your vehicle with a random identification number (e.g.7935) before it is shared with researchers or other third parties as part of the project.

The data will be collected every time the vehicle is driven for a period of one year, which will end no later than November 30, 2014.

How will the data be used?
    The anonymized study data will be utilized by a variety of transportation safety professionals who seek to learn more about driver behavior - what causes crashes, and most important, how to prevent them. The data provided by you and other participants will be used to design safer roads and vehicles.

This study will further develop an important aspect of automotive safety. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has requested the assistance of General Motors, OnStar, the University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute (UMTRI) and Virginia Tech Transportation Institution (VTTI) on this project which supports an upcoming research and development initiative - the goal of which is to make America's roadways safer for everyone.

Thank you for taking the time to consider this unique opportunity.

To participate, you must enroll by September 24, 2013.

If you are interested in participating, please click the link below. We will then ask you to provide the age and gender of the primary driver, as well as an estimate of the percent of time he/she will be using the vehicle. This information is needed to study any influence these factors may have on the data we are gathering.

Sincerely,
    Gay Kent, General Director, Vehicle Safety of General Motors &
    Terry Inch, Chief Operating Officer of OnStar

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Clocker is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: 6 additional months of OnStar for participating

I did not get that email but if you send me the link via PM I will try to sign up. Sounds like a great deal.

shoeman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Luxury Platinum Tri Coat

I did not receive this either . I would opt in for sure. Is there a way to get in on it. Shoe

SRX-MTL is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
    I did not get that email but if you send me the link via PM I will try to sign up. Sounds like a great deal.
    Interested also if you can send me the link via PM ! Thanks !

MJDART is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium

The was the link they sent was tied specifically to my OnStar account & email, you could try contacting them.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

This may be perfectly legitimate but just a friendly warning.... beware of Phishing.

georule is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury AWD Silver Coast Metallic

Yeah, I got the offer and signed up. Made me a little queasy to do it as to whether they'll stand behind their privacy promises. . .but I did it.

There was enough unique-to-me information in the email that I was confident it wasn't a "phishing" attempt. And I was right, because clicking the link took me to the right place.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.