Need help with trailer hitch cover
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Need help with trailer hitch cover in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hey!!! Hope monday is going good for everyone. So, I got the closeout cover for my SRX trailer hitch. However, ...
    Cb4h is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Need help with trailer hitch cover

Hey!!! Hope monday is going good for everyone. So, I got the closeout cover for my SRX trailer hitch. However, I lost the two plastic screws/push pins/lock that came with the pack. Anyone have any idea what the part number for those would be? Ive looked on gmpartsdirect but i cant find the correct diagram to get the part numbers. Any help would be awesome!!

Thanks

Zach

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MJDART is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium

Re: Need help with trailer hitch cover

I would think any GM parts dealer would be able to come up with them or visit a car body repair shop or even the junk yard for an even better price.

SRX-MTL is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

Part number is 11610049. Do a search on eBay with this part number and you'll find many available. This part is used for many applications on many Cadillac models.

georule is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury AWD Silver Coast Metallic

One of these days I'm going to have to figure out how to pull that trailer hitch cover off and see if the trailer hitch I paid for is actually underneath there!

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

Quote Originally Posted by georule View Post
    One of these days I'm going to have to figure out how to pull that trailer hitch cover off and see if the trailer hitch I paid for is actually underneath there!
    If the OEM cover is on, there is no hitch. It won't fit over the receiver.

MJDART is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium

Maybe they put on the new cover with the hitch installation, hopefully I'm not just optimistic.

phunter1 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury

It should be easy to tell if you have a hitch or not. If the bumper looks like the picture bellow, you have an hitch cover, and probably a hitch. If not, there is no hitch on your vehicle., because it won't fit under the stock cover.

Phil
    Attached Images

toggan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX AWD Sport Luxury, 3.0 V6
    Hi. I have a hitch installed. But no hitch cover that fits. Where can I get this? Your cover looks perfect.

SRX-MTL is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by toggan View Post
    Hi. I have a hitch installed. But no hitch cover that fits. Where can I get this? Your cover looks perfect.
    GM part # 19172271. Expensive for only a piece of plastic with 2 small retainers. MSRP is $100 but you may get it for $75 to $80 on Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by phunter1 View Post
    It should be easy to tell if you have a hitch or not. If the bumper looks like the picture bellow, you have an hitch cover, and probably a hitch. If not, there is no hitch on your vehicle., because it won't fit under the stock cover.

Phil
    Yup, that's how it looks (except my SRX is Silver Coast Metallic ). So I just give that sucker a tug from the bottom middle and it should pull off? We have a Dodge Ram 1500 for towing the party barge, so I really don't know if I'd ever use the hitch on my SRX, but it was on the list of options that I paid for on the vehicle I bought, so I suppose I should take a look under that cover one of these days.

phunter1 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury

No don't try to yank it off, you will break the attaching fasteners. On the bottom there a two thumb screws, which you can see when you look under it. You turn these a quarter turn. Make sure they are loose before tugging on the cover. Pull down on the rear of the cover and lift it up.

Phil

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Here's an underside shot. It shows the five lock slots that the tabs fit in.

And another with the turn clips.
    georule likes this.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Aside from the aesthetics, that cover will help keep the trailer lights connector from getting corroded in foul weather winter states. I've seen what can happen to those kind of things when they're covered in compacted snow for months at a time. Not pretty.

So, thanks for the help. I finally got under that cover this morning on my 2013 without breaking anything.

Yay. The hitch I paid for is there! At first I couldn't find the wiring harness, and was starting to get concerned. I was looking for it hanging free as is shown in the picture above. Wife came out and pointed "Isn't that it right there?". Why, yes, dear, it was. On mine the wiring harness isn't hanging free like that. It's a permanent outward facing install at the upper left corner (when facing it) of the hitch cover opening. I suppose I could take a picture if someone really wants to see it.

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

Quote Originally Posted by georule View Post
    So, thanks for the help. I finally got under that cover this morning on my 2013 without breaking anything.

Yay. The hitch I paid for is there! At first I couldn't find the wiring harness, and was starting to get concerned. I was looking for it hanging free as is shown in the picture above. Wife came out and pointed "Isn't that it right there?". Why, yes, dear, it was. On mine the wiring harness isn't hanging free like that. It's a permanent outward facing install at the upper left corner (when facing it) of the hitch cover opening. I suppose I could take a picture if someone really wants to see it.
    Pics please!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.