Map Update - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Map Update in Cadillac SRX Forums; The squeaky wheel finally got greased! Yes my long lost NAV disc arrived. It was shipped out on the 18th ...
    GeeVee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Crystal Red AWD 3L Luxury & Performance SRX

Re: Map Update

The squeaky wheel finally got greased! Yes my long lost NAV disc arrived. It was shipped out on the 18th after my last " flare up". Special thanks to Sube for being my technical advisor in this adventure and thanks to the people at the GM NavCenter who finally responded like pros. Your help was greatly appreciated!

300:29:1 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV
    Quote Originally Posted by GeeVee
    The squeaky wheel finally got greased! Yes my long lost NAV disc arrived. It was shipped out on the 18th after my last " flare up". Special thanks to Sube for being my technical advisor in this adventure and thanks to the people at the GM NavCenter who finally responded like pros. Your help was greatly appreciated!
    Great! Now let us know how you like the update.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by GeeVee View Post
    Hello GeeVee,

I am glad forum members and the GM Navigation Center were able to assist you throughout this process. After placing your order late September, I understand it was a long ride finally getting your NAV disc shipped out. If additional questions arise, please contact me via private message so I can assist.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

I`ll update as soon as I get it installed.

Kaptain Spaulding is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

OK so I have the discs. Went to install today and it will not recognize the assigned activation code. What now?

I had this same problem Kaptain. You have to call 1 866 462 8837. Explain the problem and you must have the order number with you. It also doesn't hurt to have your VIN number handy as well. They will give you a new password but make sure it is assigned to the order number on their computer. If they don`t do that, it won`t work. I was given three different numbers and none of them worked. Finally I spoke with a guy that knew what to do. Good luck!
    Kaptain Spaulding likes this.

I had this same problem Kaptain. You have to call 1 866 462 8837. Explain the problem and you must have the order number with you. It also doesn't hurt to have your VIN number handy as well. They will give you a new password but make sure it is assigned to the order number on their computer. If they don`t do that, it won`t work. I was given three different numbers and none of them worked. Finally I spoke with a guy that knew what to do. Good luck!
    Thanks very much! I will go to battle with them tomorrow morning...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Spaulding View Post
    OK so I have the discs. Went to install today and it will not recognize the assigned activation code. What now?
    Hello Kaptain Spaulding,

I see GeeVee provided great advice for helping resolve your map disc concern. Keep me posted on how it goes. I can also be contacted via private message if you would like to further discuss anything or have questions.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello Kaptain Spaulding,

I see GeeVee provided great advice for helping resolve your map disc concern. Keep me posted on how it goes. I can also be contacted via private message if you would like to further discuss anything or have questions.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Thanks. I had no problem getting a new passcode. When reading my VIN, I incorrectly read a "B" instead of an "8". Oops... Installed it today with no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Spaulding
    Thanks. I had no problem getting a new passcode. When reading my VIN, I incorrectly read a "B" instead of an "8". Oops... Installed it today with no issues.
    Please let us know how you like the update. I'm still debating getting this, but wonder how much of a difference it will make for me. I figure if my '12 was produced in 3/12, the maps aren't that old.

Johnel5 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Performance Turbo

I've found that about once every 3 years is a good time to update. Especially if we have a good-sized road trip planned. I wait until the newest update becomes available around that time and bring my Nav' up to date. Recently updated the one in our 2010 so will be good for a couple more years if we keep it that long (and really like this car so we plan to).

It will be some time before they actually move I-81 through Syracuse so you're safe there for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnel5
    I've found that about once every 3 years is a good time to update. Especially if we have a good-sized road trip planned. I wait until the newest update becomes available around that time and bring my Nav' up to date. Recently updated the one in our 2010 so will be good for a couple more years if we keep it that long (and really like this car so we plan to). It will be some time before they actually move I-81 through Syracuse so you're safe there for awhile.
    This is very true about 81, but Binghamton is another story. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Spaulding View Post
    You're welcome, Kaptain Spaulding. Thank you for letting me know! I am glad you were able to install it successfully without any issues.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Today I had my first chance to judge my updated nav system. I went for a 140 mile jaunt on the freeway and was generally pleased with the system. However, when I drive I set my DIC to show the little box with the speed zone. It is here where the updated software come up short. The little box read read 177 KPH instead of 110 KPH. It was also incorrect in slower speed zones. I`m not worried for the locals who may buy this update but I am concerned about tourists who may depend on this while they are in my neck of the woods. This area is a high tourist zone. Perhaps Laura or Greg can look into this.

Today I had my first chance to judge my updated nav system. I went for a 140 mile jaunt on the freeway and was generally pleased with the system. However, when I drive I set my DIC to show the little box with the speed zone. It is here where the updated software come up short. The little box read read 177 KPH instead of 110 KPH. It was also incorrect in slower speed zones. I`m not worried for the locals who may buy this update but I am concerned about tourists who may depend on this while they are in my neck of the woods. This area is a high tourist zone. Perhaps Laura or Greg can look into this.
    Hello GeeVee,

Please private message us and include your contact information and VIN. We are more than happy to further discuss this with you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.