Map Update - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Map Update in Cadillac SRX Forums; OK, installation is complete. It took 1:45:00. When you go to Config Menu/Nav/Nav Database , it shows version 20.13.02. I ...
    sube5186 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium, 3.0L AWD

Re: Map Update

OK, installation is complete. It took 1:45:00. When you go to Config Menu/Nav/Nav Database, it shows version 20.13.02. I was a little confused at this, because the version no. at the above link says V.2014. I called GM Nav Support (866-351-7608) and he explained it like this. The database displays different on the vehicle. The version I installed was just released in 9/13. It goes up to the next map release, which will be in 9/14. In other words, they call it V.2014 on the website just because it "sounds" newer.

Haven't had a chance to test it out yet. When I do, I'll post my findings.

Sube

300:29:1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV
    Quote Originally Posted by sube5186
    OK, installation is complete. It took 1:45:00. When you go to Config Menu/Nav/Nav Database, it shows version 20.13.02. I was a little confused at this, because the version no. at the above link says V.2014. I called GM Nav Support (866-351-7608) and he explained it like this. The database displays different on the vehicle. The version I installed was just released in 9/13. It goes up to the next map release, which will be in 9/14. In other words, they call it V.2014 on the website just because it "sounds" newer. Haven't had a chance to test it out yet. When I do, I'll post my findings. Sube
    Thanks for the details. I have to reconsider purchasing this update.

Huey Driver is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Lux

I would be interested to hear the success of ebay purchases etc. I bought the upgrade for my trailblazer several years ago and remember the same routine, using a code supplied with my invoice, to enable it. I know they imply that the disk only works with one car, but in reality, its the code that does it. Likely some sort of hash is generated between the code, the disk serial number and the VIN, only allowing the disk to be installed if the hash is correct. Changing any one of those variables will generate the wrong hash value and the install will fail.
    I only post this to say that I would avoid any of the ebay or other options out there that are cheaper. You may not get ripped off, but its doubtful its going to work.

GeeVee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Crystal Red AWD 3L Luxury & Performance SRX

Thanks very much for your help on this thread. I ordered mine from the same place except I ordered it over the phone. This was on Sept.26. Now I`m told the discs are on backorder. Beginning to believe GM can`t run a one hole outhouse. Shame on them

Quote Originally Posted by GeeVee View Post
    Thanks very much for your help on this thread. I ordered mine from the same place except I ordered it over the phone. This was on Sept.26. Now I`m told the discs are on backorder. Beginning to believe GM can`t run a one hole outhouse. Shame on them
    Did they give you an order no? If so, you should be able to check the status of your order at the link below. If they didn't, call them back and get one. If they can't find your order number, there's no evidence your order went through. If you ordered it that long ago and they shipped mine before yours, something's not right. Normally, when items are backordered they ship them in chronological order. Did they charge your credit card yet? If not, you may do better canceling that order and reordering at the link I used.

https://www.navigation.com/is-bin/IN...em=OrderStatus

Sube

Hi Sube, Thanks again for your input. I did receive an order number and that`s how they found out my order is on back-order. I will know next week when my Visa bill arrives if I`ve been charged. Perhaps I should have ordered online like yourself to avoid this delay. I hope when the discs arrive, the wait is well worth it. I appreciate your help!

GeeVee, periodically plug in your order no. at the link I provided and it should show when your discs ship.

Sube

Sube, I used the link you provided and the result tells me there is no order. Back to the drawing board. I`m surprised Greg or Laura haven't got involved in this by now ( just kidding). I will start all over on Monday and see if I can get a resolution to this or if it would be quicker to buy a Lexus.

GeeVee, does your order no. have eleven digits? There are three different numbers associated with the order. There's an activation code, a SKU number for the item itself and the order no. If your order no. doesn't have eleven digits, that may be the activation code they gave you. The activation code has eight digits.

Sube

Hi Sube, called GM Nav Center this morning and hopefully made some progress. I do have an Order Number that works. Up here in Canuckville, it`s only has 7 digits. I also have the SKU number which is different as you point out. When they check on the status of my order, it shows it is on back order. It wasn't until I read them the riot act that you ordered yours much later than I did and have already received it that I got action. They put me in touch with the supervisor and he told me he would put a rush/priority on my order. Take it for what you will. I will update if I hear anything more. Thanks again for all your guidance!
    TheCaptain likes this.

Good. At least you got some action. So much for "first come, first serve".

Once you install it, be sure to check the version no. at Config Menu/Nav/Nav Database. It should read 20.13.02.

Sube

Zachary is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac SRX Luxury Crystal Red

I am also on the fence about buying updated disc . My question is I had to have my Radio/Nav. System replaced a month ago , wondering if it has the update ? Probably need to contact Cadillac and ask .

Likely not. I too had my radio replaced about two months ago. Afterwards, I still had the same old map database. The first thing I noticed after the update were tons of new POIs. The map database is downloaded from the DVD to the HDD. The HDD is separate from the radio/Nav unit. Therefore, they can replace the radio without altering the HDD. Just check the map version as described in my previous post. If it doesn't show 20.13.02, it's not current.

Sube

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

normally a nav unit replacement does not come with a new disc ... the new unit will not come with a disc and your dealer will have to eject your disc and put it in the new unit
    if ejecting your disc is part of the problem then your dealer should have ordered you a new disc and should install it with the new nav unit
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Zachary View Post
    I am also on the fence about buying updated disc . My question is I had to have my Radio/Nav. System replaced a month ago , wondering if it has the update ? Probably need to contact Cadillac and ask .
    Hello Zachary,

I can look into this for you. Please contact me via private message and include your contact information, VIN and the name of your Cadillac dealer.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.