Has anyone traded in a 2010 or newer SRX for a new version?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Has anyone traded in a 2010 or newer SRX for a new version? in Cadillac SRX Forums; My wife's 2011 SRX has been at the dealer for a radio replacement, under warranty. We've had a 2014 SRX ...
    BKbroiler61 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX

Has anyone traded in a 2010 or newer SRX for a new version?

My wife's 2011 SRX has been at the dealer for a radio replacement, under warranty. We've had a 2014 SRX as a loaner and really like 2 major differences: the 3.6 vs 3.0 engine and the CUE system. We are actually thinking of trading in the 2011, with 44k miles. If we keep it, we will get the extended warrany, so we avoid that payment and we just got 1000 bonus points on our GM card, so we are leaning. Has anyone elso traded up? How was the trade in value of your old SRX?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

22velocity is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 cadillac srx performance

Re: Has anyone traded in a 2010 or newer SRX for a new version?

BKbroiler, I got out of my 2011 Srx luxury model lease about 7 months early. The 2013 performance model that I got in July is a big improvement over the 2011. I hated the look of the standard wheels, the engine was underpowered, transmission shifted all the time despite the updates, the standard headlights were terrible, I had to keep using the high beams to see anything at night. The interior plus the cue system looks more of what you would expect a Cadillac to look like. My lease only went up by $40 a month. So far I am really enjoying this car. Frank

BKbroiler61 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX

Frank - Thanks for your response. Your positive experience with the cue system is good info.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by 22velocity View Post
    BKbroiler, I got out of my 2011 Srx luxury model lease about 7 months early. The 2013 performance model that I got in July is a big improvement over the 2011. I hated the look of the standard wheels, the engine was underpowered, transmission shifted all the time despite the updates, the standard headlights were terrible, I had to keep using the high beams to see anything at night. The interior plus the cue system looks more of what you would expect a Cadillac to look like. My lease only went up by $40 a month. So far I am really enjoying this car. Frank
    Hello Frank,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I am glad you have been satisfied with your 2013 SRX. Continue to enjoy driving it around! Don't hesitate to contact us via private message if any concerns or questions arise.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

mjf
    mjf is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx 2013

I have a 2013 luxury edition loaded that they are offering me 31000!!! It stickered at 46,600 I paid 39500 for it and it only has 2300 miles!!! What a RIPOFF.

DarrinMI is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX

I had a 2010 FWD Luxury Edition and traded it for a 2012 AWD Luxury. The 3.6 engine made the trade worth it.

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by mjf View Post
    I have a 2013 luxury edition loaded that they are offering me 31000!!! It stickered at 46,600 I paid 39500 for it and it only has 2300 miles!!! What a RIPOFF.
    Really... I bought a '10 at $60 000, and sold it three years later for $30 000 (what the dealer was offering on trade in). Then purchased my '13 for $65 000.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

mjf
    mjf is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx 2013

Really!! I was very upset about the offer. I guess I will hold onto it longer. Hopefully the value won't continue to tank.

chagrin falls is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 srx perf, 2010 cts4 prem

captain-very curious as to what type of 2013 srx you purchased for $65,000.

kars79 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 escalade
    I got my wife a base 13 Srx for 36.5 Sticker was 38.5 back in last October I recently sold it for 31.5 with 4k miles on it, I wanted more But true car now saying I can get a brand new base Srx for 32.5 So I think I did well selling it at 31.5 In auction they are going for 28-29k I have bought and sold 4-5 cars in last few years 1 think I realized is even tho you think you got a killer deal and when you sell You wont lose much You always end up losing 8-10k after a year from the purchase price It sucks but it's that way Now I just got a 2013 Lexus gs350 Sticker for 60.5 I got it used 9k miles on it for $47k from Utah I live in oklahoma So another $600 for shipping $1.5k for tag,sales tax. 4 months later If I wanna sell it I can only get 44k or so for it. Now I'm glad I didn't get a brand new one with $5k discount Because in that case 4 months would have cost 10-11k instead for 3-4k

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by chagrin falls View Post
    I purchased a loaded with every option including extra cost paint '13 AWD Premium. $65 000 CDN.

Also, every vehicle as soon as you drive it off the dealer lot loses (approximately- based on overall vehicle value) 10% of purchase price. Buying and selling vehicles is only profitable if you can do it right.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

SRX-MTL is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by chagrin falls View Post
    Cars in Canada are 10% more expensive than in US plus sales taxes up to 15 % !

floridaguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance

Quote Originally Posted by kars79 View Post
    But true car now saying I can get a brand new base Srx for 32.5 So I think I did well selling it at 31.5 In auction they are going for 28-29k
    I went to the TrueCar website and checked the price of a SRX Base Model and came up with $37,517. Am I doing something wrong in checking the price?

kars79 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 escalade
    You might be looking at 2014 models, Check 2013 I was talking about brand new 2013 models. Also it depends on where you live, But again you can even do better then what true car says.

floridaguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance

kars, I don't know what I did yesterday. I checked it again today and it said $33,900 for a 2013. Thanks for mentioning this website.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.