A pleasant surprise!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Marc NY
  • 2 Post By chagrin falls
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, A pleasant surprise! in Cadillac SRX Forums; My doorbell rang this afternoon and I found an unexpected package on my doorstep. I opened said package and inside ...
    dmurphy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 Evolution Green Luxury SRX (Shale/Brownstone Interior)

A pleasant surprise!

My doorbell rang this afternoon and I found an unexpected package on my doorstep.

I opened said package and inside is a gorgeous, hardcover, 200 page book, titled simply, "Cadillac"! Here is the book online - http://www.assouline.com/cadillac.html

It's beautiful and a total surprise! Inside was a card from the owner of my dealership (Royal Cadillac in Florham Park, NJ) and Bob Ferguson, VP Cadillac.

A very nice touch. Makes me feel appreciated. Sometimes it's the little things!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

Re: A pleasant surprise!

I got that book, too. For the money GM spent on it, I would rather have more features in the car instead of the book (or less cost for the vehicle)!

Hockeyfox is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX

I just received the same book. Audi did something similar but I also received a nice mug and very nice key chains. I just missed out on the free B&O earbuds Audi was giving away. For my SRX, I never received even a key chain from my dealer. Going back to have them take a look at the plastic black molding on the left hand side of the front passenger window as it appears it is dented/warped and will ask for a keychain at that time. I agree though, wish they would spend the money on the car rather than send me marketing material. It is a nice coffee table type book, but I don't have a coffee table.

hdrolling is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance

We received ours as well as a Cadillac owners medallion.

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

I think that was an awesome gift to you by your Dealer!

Unfortunately, there will always be some members who would rather GM/ Caddilac had spent the money on something different for them rather than that... however, I see it as a very nice "good will" jester and was given to you as a great "Customer Appreciation" gift, because they see you as a VALUED customer.
    HDI0390 likes this.

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD
    Can I trade my book for auto up rear window switches or an off switch for the headlights?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

JohnnyBzSRX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX FWD Performance - Xenon Blue / Shale-Brownstone

We also received that nice book a week ago. VERY nice book with some interesting history about Cadillac. However, I was sorely disappointed that it didn't include at least one picture of what I consider one of the most iconic Cadillacs ever built: the '67-'68 Eldorados. Nevertheless, still very glad to receive this gift from the dealership.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by dmurphy View Post
    My doorbell rang this afternoon and I found an unexpected package on my doorstep.

I opened said package and inside is a gorgeous, hardcover, 200 page book, titled simply, "Cadillac"! Here is the book online - http://www.assouline.com/cadillac.html

It's beautiful and a total surprise! Inside was a card from the owner of my dealership (Royal Cadillac in Florham Park, NJ) and Bob Ferguson, VP Cadillac.

A very nice touch. Makes me feel appreciated. Sometimes it's the little things!
    Hello dmurphy,

Thanks for starting this thread and sharing the Cadillac book you received. We are glad your dealer sent the package and card to you. You should feel appreciated with your purchase of an awesome 2013 SRX Luxury! Continue to enjoy your vehicle and don't hesitate to contact us if you need assistance with anything.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Hi All,

I see many people engaging on this thread and I wanted to reach out to everybody. The book does seem like it provides a lot of interesting information about Cadillac. I wanted to inform everyone that Gregory and I monitor the Cadillac forums and we can be contacted via private message or by email at socialmedia@gm.com if any questions or concerns ever arise that you need our assistance.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

davedogcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium (3.0L, FWD), 2008 CTS (3.6L DI, AWD)

I for one would love one of these books, however i highly doubt CarMax will send me one...lol

any place sell them for less than $75.00

jeffpaletz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I also got the book and thought it was a nice gesture. I enjoyed looking through it.

chagrin falls is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 srx perf, 2010 cts4 prem

I received the same portfolio as dmurphy after the purchase of a 13 SRX Performance. Perhaps anyone purchasing a new Cadillac received same, it is still a nice gesture. A beautiful book with a beautiful personalized presentation that Cadillac did not have to do. But they did and in this day and age of fierce competition and nickel and dimeing by the majority of consumers, it was a nice "thank you" gift that is rarely done today. This is what Cadillac did years ago and I, for one, am glad that they are making the effort to show appreciation to their customer. Thanks again Crestmont Cadillac in Cleveland and Mr. Ferguson. As a side note, the book "Cadillac" can be found on eBay. Again, it's the thought that counts in my book!
    TheCaptain and Marc NY like this.

Hockeyfox is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX

Personally, would rather receive nicer floor mats (ones that come standard are absolute garbage) or a coffee mug or keychain. Maybe even a Cadillac flash drive since it appears the 2014 model does not have a hard drive where you can install mp3 files.

Akira is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XLR

Exactly to find such great book is big surprise for all the Cadillac car owner. I also have this book which help me to understand effectively typical and complex codes and containing upon the user manual which teaches new users how to control the vehicle and hot to tackle any problem.

georule is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury AWD Silver Coast Metallic

I got one too a week after buying my 2013 SRX Luxury, and am enjoying it. This is my first Cadillac, so I thought of it as a "Welcome to the family!" kind of thing.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.