Cadillac Owners Forum banner

A pleasant surprise!

2K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  georule 
#1 ·
My doorbell rang this afternoon and I found an unexpected package on my doorstep.

I opened said package and inside is a gorgeous, hardcover, 200 page book, titled simply, "Cadillac"! Here is the book online - http://www.assouline.com/cadillac.html

It's beautiful and a total surprise! Inside was a card from the owner of my dealership (Royal Cadillac in Florham Park, NJ) and Bob Ferguson, VP Cadillac.

A very nice touch. Makes me feel appreciated. Sometimes it's the little things!

#3 ·
I just received the same book. Audi did something similar but I also received a nice mug and very nice key chains. I just missed out on the free B&O earbuds Audi was giving away. For my SRX, I never received even a key chain from my dealer. Going back to have them take a look at the plastic black molding on the left hand side of the front passenger window as it appears it is dented/warped and will ask for a keychain at that time. I agree though, wish they would spend the money on the car rather than send me marketing material. It is a nice coffee table type book, but I don't have a coffee table.

#5 ·
I think that was an awesome gift to you by your Dealer! :rock: :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, there will always be some members who would rather GM/ Caddilac had spent the money on something different for them rather than that... however, I see it as a very nice "good will" jester and was given to you as a great "Customer Appreciation" gift, because they see you as a VALUED customer. :)

#7 ·
We also received that nice book a week ago. VERY nice book with some interesting history about Cadillac. However, I was sorely disappointed that it didn't include at least one picture of what I consider one of the most iconic Cadillacs ever built: the '67-'68 Eldorados. Nevertheless, still very glad to receive this gift from the dealership.

#8 ·
Hello dmurphy,

Thanks for starting this thread and sharing the Cadillac book you received. We are glad your dealer sent the package and card to you. You should feel appreciated with your purchase of an awesome 2013 SRX Luxury! Continue to enjoy your vehicle and don't hesitate to contact us if you need assistance with anything.

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Hi All,

I see many people engaging on this thread and I wanted to reach out to everybody. The book does seem like it provides a lot of interesting information about Cadillac. I wanted to inform everyone that Gregory and I monitor the Cadillac forums and we can be contacted via private message or by email at socialmedia@gm.com if any questions or concerns ever arise that you need our assistance.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

#11 ·
I received the same portfolio as dmurphy after the purchase of a 13 SRX Performance. Perhaps anyone purchasing a new Cadillac received same, it is still a nice gesture. A beautiful book with a beautiful personalized presentation that Cadillac did not have to do. But they did and in this day and age of fierce competition and nickel and dimeing by the majority of consumers, it was a nice "thank you" gift that is rarely done today. This is what Cadillac did years ago and I, for one, am glad that they are making the effort to show appreciation to their customer. Thanks again Crestmont Cadillac in Cleveland and Mr. Ferguson. As a side note, the book "Cadillac" can be found on eBay. Again, it's the thought that counts in my book!

#13 ·
Exactly to find such great book is big surprise for all the Cadillac car owner. I also have this book which help me to understand effectively typical and complex codes and containing upon the user manual which teaches new users how to control the vehicle and hot to tackle any problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.