2014 SRX to Lose E85 compatibility
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2014 SRX to Lose E85 compatibility in Cadillac SRX Forums; I'm seeing this reported various places. Makes me even more glad I bought a 2013, as E85 capable was on ...
    georule is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury AWD Silver Coast Metallic

2014 SRX to Lose E85 compatibility

I'm seeing this reported various places. Makes me even more glad I bought a 2013, as E85 capable was on my list of wants. I've run a few tanks of it thru already. Not at the deal-breaker level on my wants list, but definitely something I was hoping to get and happy to get when I made the decision it was time for a new vehicle.

What I haven't seen reported is why that decision was made, and what if anything the differences in the engine and fuel system components (other than the gas cap won't be E85 yellow anymore) will be in the 2014 model. Anyone know? Just curious.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Z71
    Z71 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS4 Blue Diamond AWD Performance Sedan

Re: 2014 SRX to Lose E85 compatibility

2014 Cadillac SRX
    Deletions
    Exterior color (GBV) Gray Flannel Metallic
    Exterior color (GGU) Evolution Green Metallic
    Exterior color (GTS) Xenon Blue Metallic
    Interior color (AFE) Shale with Ebony accents
    New Features
    Exterior color (GLJ) Graphite Metallic
    Exterior color (GWX) Terra Mocha Metallic
    Exterior color (GXH) Sapphire Blue Metallic
    Interior color (AFE) Caramel with Ebony accents (Ebony headliner)
    (PDT) LPO, Sports Edition Package, includes (VPX) Sport Accessory Edition, LPO, (5XR) Sport grille, LPO, (RVJ) Two-tone side vents, LPO, (RXX) License plate bar, rear, LPO, (VLZ) Rear lower cargo tray mat, LPO and (SH9) 20" Midnight Silver premium painted finish wheels, LPO (not available when [PCX] Driver Assist Package is ordered).
    (TQ5) IntelliBeam headlamps
    (SHA) 20" (50.8 cm) chrome plated wheels, LPO
    (SH9) 20" (50.8 cm) Midnight Silver premium painted finish wheels, LPO
    (RXX) License plate bar, rear, LPO
    (VPX) Sport Accessory Edition, LPO
    (5XR) Sport grille, LPO
    (SJ9) Touring grille, LPO
    (RVJ) Two-tone side vents, LPO
    (Q6X) Wheels, 18" x 8" (45.7 cm x 20.3 cm) chrome, bright finish
    Changes
    (PCW) Driver Awareness Package now contains (TQ5) IntelliBeam headlamps
    (LFX) 3.6L V6 engine no longer E85 capable

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD
    Are you coming out ahead $$$$ wise on E85? What is your miles per gallon using it? Here it is same price as E10 so it makes no sense for me to use it. In fact, I pay about 5% more for ethanol free gasoline when convenient.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

erdoc48 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD, Platinum Ice

To me, the only benefit of my wife's 2012 being E85 compliant is that it'll handle E10 (pump gas) with no issues in the fuel system. Other than that, I never intend on using E85 in it. I doubt getting a vehicle without E85 compatibility would ever be a deal breaker for me.

Quote Originally Posted by adamjeeps View Post
    Are you coming out ahead $$$$ wise on E85? What is your miles per gallon using it? Here it is same price as E10 so it makes no sense for me to use it. In fact, I pay about 5% more for ethanol free gasoline when convenient.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    In the upper Midwest (where I am), the price difference is enough to be pretty comparable (average of about 25-29% lower than "regular" gasoline here in Minnesota) per mile cost, with plenty of local stations offering it --and I'd rather pay farmers than OPEC. Plus I just like having the option when the international situation gets weird.

Obviously Cadillac had to make a conscious decision to make the SRX E85-capable in the first place, and now a second one to abandon that --having made the investment initially, I'm curious what their thinking was in ending it. That's all.

Hockeyfox is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX

Just picked up my 2014 and no where does it describe the vehicle is E85 compatible. I live in Minnesota as well and have not seen hardly any stations that carry the E85 fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyfox View Post
    Just picked up my 2014 and no where does it describe the vehicle is E85 compatible. I live in Minnesota as well and have not seen hardly any stations that carry the E85 fuel.
    Many of the Holiday stations do. There are websites that provide locations of E85 stations, and Minnesota is well provided with them, but you won't be needing links to them.

I gather that E85 helps the corporate fleet numbers with CAFE standards (that are based only on gasoline content not the alcohol part, so even tho overall E85 mileage is lower it looks great because you get to divide by 15% and then average that against 100% gasoline mileage), but there are also limits on how much the automaker gets to add based on that.

maldiz01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Have the dealer pull a vehicle build and look at the RPO code for the engine. GM is getting rid yellow gas caps. LFX - ENGINE 3.6L, SIDI V6 E85 CAPABLE. Means you can run up to 85% Ethanol in it.

Nice Ride is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 ESV Platinum / 2010 SRX Premium

Poor Gas Millage with E85. More HP though.... About 2-3 MPG less on my Escalade. Defiantly more HP.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.