Need help please!!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ladypro
  • 1 Post By ccclarke
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Need help please!!!! in Cadillac SRX Forums; S o i bought my car brand new 2010 turbo and i have had no real problem until NOW! I ...
    Maroo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Need help please!!!!

S o i bought my car brand new 2010 turbo and i have had no real problem until NOW! I was starting off my vacation when i drove around the corner from my house and the car started smoking. Took it down the road to my local mechanic and he said i needed a hose and a valve, so we ordered startight from caddy, even paid an extra $50 to overnight so I can enjoy my caddy (this was 2 weeks ago). It arrives, no valve, we called and caddy said this valve (part number 25956695) is no longer available and backordered in all of the USA and Canada and its defective and they dont know when a new one wil be made. So i have been renting a car from Enterprice at $30 a day, plus paying for my car payment for the past 2 weeks as I cant get my car fixed. Caddy where I live in NJ, will not give me a rental. Im so damn mad. Can anyone tell me, have you heard about this part, maybe being recalled? I called the corp office but they said since I have 104k miles im outta warranty. Its not my fault caddy made a defective part? Please I need some advise... Help, anything..
    http://www.tonkinonlineparts.com/p/_.../25956695.html

(this is what I need, but no one has it)
    Annmarie

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ladypro is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 Premium Awd Black Raven/Ebony

Re: Need help please!!!!

1st mistake you should have come here 1st and read all the reviews on the 2010 model, sorry just being honest
    stevec5375 likes this.

Cadillacyakyak is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Basic

Annmarie have you tried here? http://www.gmpartsdirect.com

ccclarke is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2002 ETC Collector's Series, 2004 CTS-V, 2004 XLR

The real mistake was not taking the vehicle to a dealership for an authorized powertrain warranty repair. Letting a non-GM mechanic work on a vehicle (no matter how skilled they may be) is an excellent opportunity to have a warranty claim denied.

CC

Likely is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium Collection FWD

If you had taken it the a GM dealer, you would been provided with a free car. It was still under warranty then, but now not so sure......
    The 2.8 turbo engine is a real joke!!!!

Ditto.

Lesson learned: You are responsible for making this hard on yourself, so blaming the dealership for not supplying you with a rental (when you had your car repaired somewhere else) makes no sense whatsoever. Not only would the repair have been free, the part would have been overnighted at the dealer's expense too. And the $30 a day you're paying out of pocket for a rental? That's a daily reminder that you could have prevented the stress you've created.

Dealerships charge very close to the same hourly labor rates as private shops. They have the expertise and experience to repair your car faster in most cases, saving you money on out-of-warranty repairs.

You plea for help is a whine in disguise. You'll be hard-pressed to find sympathy here. But for real problems, this forum can be priceless.

CC

Huey Driver is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ELR

Just to point out, the OP said the car had 104K miles. Likely out of warranty. While one might argue that a radiator hose is power-train related, I'd think it would be a normal maintenance item. Besides, assuming 25-33k miles per year, thats some hard driving. Out of warranty on mileage = no rental, no free repair.
    I'm not going to put too much time into it, but a simple google search for "GM PARTS 25956695" turned up many sites that claim to have it in stock.

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Have you called the CADDILAC 800 number? Since you are just over the standard warranty coverage perhaps Cadillac's Customer Assistance might be able to help you get some sort of "Good Will" warranty coverage, especially if there has been many others who might have experienced the exact same issues with their 2.8 Turbos.

Try calling them at 1-800-458-8006 and seek their help. Let us know how you make out.

My bad for not seeing the ref to 104k miles and being out of warranty. I think the advice to ask for a goodwill gesture is valid -but usually it' best to make to the local dealership's Service Manager. But I still think it's unfair to blame dealer's reaction to a vehicle being serviced elsewhere.

CC
    Marc NY likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.