Headlight problems
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Headlight problems in Cadillac SRX Forums; I just purchased a 2010 performance turbo with 41k miles and love it. I noticed when I bought it it ...
    djwlbk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 srx4

Headlight problems

I just purchased a 2010 performance turbo with 41k miles and love it. I noticed when I bought it it had moisture in the headlight and didnt think much of it. After getting it home and driving it I realize the light is not working. Thanks to the forums I see this is common and covered by warranty. I am scheduled to go in today I hope they take care of it for me under warranty. Thanks for all the great info on here.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Re: Headlight problems

Quote Originally Posted by djwlbk View Post
    I just purchased a 2010 performance turbo with 41k miles and love it. I noticed when I bought it it had moisture in the headlight and didnt think much of it. After getting it home and driving it I realize the light is not working. Thanks to the forums I see this is common and covered by warranty. I am scheduled to go in today I hope they take care of it for me under warranty. Thanks for all the great info on here.
    I had the same thing happen. You better hope the other one fogs up before the warranty runs out because my service adviser told me the part costs $1K. Can you imagine?

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hello djwlbk,

Congrats on your recent purchase of a 2010 performance turbo SRX! Welcome to the forum, we are glad to have you part of the community. I see you are bringing your vehicle into the dealer to diagnose your vehicle headlight concern. Please let us know how everything goes. Gregory W. and I monitor the Cadillac forums and I am sure you will be seeing our names around offering our assistance to customers. We can be contacted via private message to further discuss any concern or question. We can also be contacted via email at socialmedia@gm.com.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Cadillacyakyak is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Basic

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    I had the same thing happen. You better hope the other one fogs up before the warranty runs out because my service adviser told me the part costs $1K. Can you imagine?
    FYI actual prices from GM Parts Direct are $262 non HID and $775 HID. Seems your SA has quite a bit of mark up built in especially if they're standard halogen.
    http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/catalog/frameset.cfm

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillacyakyak View Post
    FYI actual prices from GM Parts Direct are $262 non HID and $775 HID. Seems your SA has quite a bit of mark up built in especially if they're standard halogen.
    http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/catalog/frameset.cfm
    That wouldn't surprise me at all. The dealership has a monopoly in town. I had to replace a remote battery recently and the dealership wanted $5 and I found it locally for $1.99.

Thanks for the replies. I went in to the dealership yesterday and I must say I was treated better than I ever have been at a dealership. They took me in made me comfortable and got my srx in immediately. After ten minutes they called my name said the headlight was defective and they had to order one,that it would be replaced under warranty they would have it by Thursday and asked when I could bring it back in for repair. I am going back in tomorrow. Hope I have the same pleasant experience.

Thanks for the replies. I went in to the dealership yesterday and I must say I was treated better than I ever have been at a dealership. They took me in made me comfortable and got my srx in immediately. After ten minutes they called my name said the headlight was defective and they had to order one,that it would be replaced under warranty they would have it by Thursday and asked when I could bring it back in for repair. I am going back in tomorrow. Hope I have the same pleasant experience.
    Hello djwlbk,

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience at the dealership for your most recent visit and I am happy to hear that they were able to diagnose the concern you were having with your headlight. Please keep us updated tomorrow if you were satisfied with the visit and if the concern has been addressed by the repair. Thank you very much for taking the time to keep us up to date! We will be looking forward to your future updates.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Ufgators is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Srx
    I have 2010 Srx the passenger side headlight housing on the top is opaque now not clear anymore. The area is about 2" by 5". The driver side is crystal clear. Shoud I take it in for repair? Since the area is small, will the replace it?

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

The only way to know is to take it in. Most likely they will.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Quote Originally Posted by Ufgators View Post
    I have 2010 Srx the passenger side headlight housing on the top is opaque now not clear anymore. The area is about 2" by 5". The driver side is crystal clear. Shoud I take it in for repair? Since the area is small, will the replace it?
    Hello Ufgators,

If the concern you are experiencing is considered to be a defect, then it should be replaced under your warranty if you are still within the parameters. TheCaptain is correct though, the only way to know for sure would be to take your vehicle in for a diagnosis. Please feel free to private message me if you would like any assistance in setting up the appointment or with working with the dealership. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

If it is slightly grayed out then you are probably suffering from ultraviolet rays from the sun causing this. I had the same thing on mine. It can be buffed out with plastic polish.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...tomotive%2C247

Ufgators is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Srx

Thank you so much. I am out of town this week. I'll do that next week. It has been raining a lot here is southwest florida

Took mine in and they replaced the light as promised I was treated well and I am very pleased with the expirience. However I have since noticed that my passenger side headlight now has moisture in it but is still working right now. Will they replace this one under warranty if it is still working ?

Took mine in and they replaced the light as promised I was treated well and I am very pleased with the expirience. However I have since noticed that my passenger side headlight now has moisture in it but is still working right now. Will they replace this one under warranty if it is still working ?
    Hello djwlbk,

Thanks for keeping us updated in regards to your visit to the dealership. I am glad to hear that they replaced the light as promised and you had a satisfactory experience. I would be more than happy to call and speak to the service department to see if they would think about replacing your other headlight due to the moisture in it even though it is still working. Please private message me with your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, dealership you have been working with, and service advisor. If you are unable to private message me, you can also reach out to me at socialmedia@gm.com, just be sure to include “ATTN GREG” in the subject line so it gets delivered straight to me. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

I had one of my headlights get moisture in it and they replaced it under warranty. Now if only the other one would do it before January when mine is out of warranty. They are expensive to replace.

Ever heard of the term "planned obsolescence"? The SRX exhibits it quite well.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.