Starting SRX when Key fob battery is dead.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Starting SRX when Key fob battery is dead. in Cadillac SRX Forums; OK, so here is the thing, there is no place to start my 2012 SRX with the key? I read ...
    JONGS9 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1012 SRX

Starting SRX when Key fob battery is dead.

OK, so here is the thing, there is no place to start my 2012 SRX with the key? I read in my owners manual that if I notice the battery is low I should place the fob in the center console and start the car with the last bit of energy present, then change the battery! The service manager said I would have to call for roadside assistance if I didn't have Onstar anymore? Somehow this all seems a bit bizarre!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Starting SRX when Key fob battery is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by JONGS9 View Post

OK, so here is the thing, there is no place to start my 2012 SRX with the key? I read in my owners manual that if I notice the battery is low I should place the fob in the center console and start the car with the last bit of energy present, then change the battery! The service manager said I would have to call for roadside assistance if I didn't have Onstar anymore? Somehow this all seems a bit bizarre!
    Hello JONGS9,

I am sorry for any vehicle trouble you are experiencing. If you would like to further discuss your current situation with us, please reach out via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

The start spot in the centre console is where you put a dead key too. It's close enough it should start the vehicle.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

MJDART is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium

I'm thinking I may want to keep a spare battery in the vehicle.

Indy_Mike is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance Collection

Lately it seems like I have to take my key fob out of my pocket before the car recognizes it and I can open the driver's side door. Once when I tried to start the car I got the message no key fob detected and had to take it out of my pocket...is this normal or is my battery getting weak and needs replaced?

cadillacricket is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Battery is getting weak, needs to be replaced. They give plenty of warning before the battery is totally shot, so I wouldn't think you'd need to carry an extra in the car...

Quote Originally Posted by Indy_Mike View Post
    Lately it seems like I have to take my key fob out of my pocket before the car recognizes it and I can open the driver's side door. Once when I tried to start the car I got the message no key fob detected and had to take it out of my pocket...is this normal or is my battery getting weak and needs replaced?
    Hello Indy_Mike,

I apologize that lately it seems like you need to take your key fob out of your pocket before the car recognizes it. If you change the battery and are still experiencing this concern, please feel free to contact us via private message and we can do some additional research on your behalf. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

duke11 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Crystal Red SRX Premium

Indy_Mike, My SRX is doing the same as yours. I need to pull the driver's side handle 10-15 times before it would open. Also I get the message no key fob detected. I brought my SRX to the service dept, but they could not find a problem. I will change my battery in my fob tomorrow and hopefully fixes the problem. I will keep you informed. Duke 11

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

Everyone needs to have this Technical Service Bulletin performed:

http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/TSb/...dPdf?id=178026

My wife has had her key locked in the vehicle twice, and I can assure you the battery is fine.

Huey Driver is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Lux

Good point, jeeps. I was just going to point out there is a TSB for poor remote range. I am sure battery strength affects the range a little, but its not as much as you think. The software has more impact on a fix than the battery.
    Also, there is a DIC message you will get when the remote battery needs replacing. I'm coming up on 2 years on my car, and still on same remote battery. The replacement is CR-2032 which is undoubtedly the most popular of the 'button' style batteries. You can get them in any grocery or drug store for a couple bucks. They are so widely used that I have spares around the house as much as 9v or AAs....

Quote Originally Posted by duke11 View Post
    Indy_Mike, My SRX is doing the same as yours. I need to pull the driver's side handle 10-15 times before it would open. Also I get the message no key fob detected. I brought my SRX to the service dept, but they could not find a problem. I will change my battery in my fob tomorrow and hopefully fixes the problem. I will keep you informed. Duke 11
    Hello duke11,

Thanks for sharing an update. I am sorry the service department was unable to find the problem. I see you are going to post again after you change your battery in your fob. Please let us know if the issue still persists; we can help explore alternative options with you. We can be contacted via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

dmurphy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 Evolution Green Luxury SRX (Shale/Brownstone Interior)

Thanks for the link Adam! Is there any way we can pull a report to see what TSBs have been performed on a vehicle?

I took delivery of a new '13 SRX two weeks ago and would like to make sure these "early '13" TSBs have all be done.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dmurphy View Post
    Thanks for the link Adam! Is there any way we can pull a report to see what TSBs have been performed on a vehicle?

I took delivery of a new '13 SRX two weeks ago and would like to make sure these "early '13" TSBs have all be done.

Thanks!
    Hello dmurphy,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your recent purchase of a 2013 SRX! I recommend going to the Cadillac site and signing up for the Owner Center. On this page you will be able to sign up and manage your Cadillac vehicle and check up on previous history and updated information. I hope this helps! We are here to assist with vehicle concerns and questions. Don't hesitate to contact us if needed. We can be reached via private message or by email at socialmedia@gm.com.

https://my.cadillac.com/web/portal/managemybrand?g=1

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

I don't think there is anyway to see what was done to your vehicle before it was purchased new. The service department may have internal records but nothing I believe available on the MyCadillac page until it was put into service (purchased).

Quote Originally Posted by adamjeeps View Post
    I don't think there is anyway to see what was done to your vehicle before it was purchased new. The service department may have internal records but nothing I believe available on the MyCadillac page until it was put into service (purchased).
    Hi dmurphy and adamjeeps,

I am sorry if I misunderstood your statement dmurphy. Adamjeeps is correct with his response to you. Due to your vehicle being new, there isn't any records on the MyCadillac page until it was put into service. If you have concerns, I recommend discussing them with the dealer. You won't be able to have a diagnosis and repair from the dealer, unless your vehicle is experiencing an issue. But, if there is an issue with your vehicle, please discuss it with the service department at the dealer or let us know so we can assist.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.