Starting SRX when Key fob battery is dead. - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Starting SRX when Key fob battery is dead. in Cadillac SRX Forums; I'm sorry that you're sorry too. How many "I'm sorrys" must we endure before GM gets it right? I wish ...
    stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Re: Starting SRX when Key fob battery is dead.

I'm sorry that you're sorry too. How many "I'm sorrys" must we endure before GM gets it right? I wish I could find a job where all I had to do all day was surf the GM forums and say "I'm sorry". What a life!

dmurphy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 Evolution Green Luxury SRX (Shale/Brownstone Interior)

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hi dmurphy and adamjeeps,

I am sorry if I misunderstood your statement dmurphy. Adamjeeps is correct with his response to you. Due to your vehicle being new, there isn't any records on the MyCadillac page until it was put into service. If you have concerns, I recommend discussing them with the dealer. You won't be able to have a diagnosis and repair from the dealer, unless your vehicle is experiencing an issue. But, if there is an issue with your vehicle, please discuss it with the service department at the dealer or let us know so we can assist.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Thank you for the warm welcome and quick reply!

Let me be clear - my SRX is AWESOME! I love it. No concerns, no issues - the dealer experience was wonderful as is the vehicle.

I was just curious what updates were loaded - clearly the CUE update was done, as was the remote-memory seat update. Just curious what else is out there. Nothing important!

Thanks everyone!

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by dmurphy View Post
    Thank you for the warm welcome and quick reply!

Let me be clear - my SRX is AWESOME! I love it. No concerns, no issues - the dealer experience was wonderful as is the vehicle.

I was just curious what updates were loaded - clearly the CUE update was done, as was the remote-memory seat update. Just curious what else is out there. Nothing important!

Thanks everyone!
    Hello dmurphy,

I am glad to hear that you are very happy with you SRX and that your dealership has been wonderful. I am sure if you were to call your local dealership, they should be able to provide you with the updates that have been completed on your vehicle if it was performed at the dealership and not prior to being shipped to them. I hope you continue to enjoy your vehicle! Be sure to private message us if you have any questions about your new vehicle!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

duke11 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Crystal Red SRX Premium

Quote Originally Posted by adamjeeps View Post
    Everyone needs to have this Technical Service Bulletin performed:

http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/TSb/...dPdf?id=178026

My wife has had her key locked in the vehicle twice, and I can assure you the battery is fine.
    Adamjeeps, the service bulletin states that the key fob in locked into the vehicle. My problem is that the key fob is in my pocket and the door handle does not open. It may take 10-15 times pulling the handle before door will unlock. Do you think this is a battery issue or something else. I also get a message in the DIC that no key fob detected. Any suggestions? Duke 11

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

Seems like you have a problem with the vehicle detecting the fob, so it would/could present problems both inside and outside the vehicle. Either way, the dealer should perform the service for you to update the software.

davedogcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium (3.0L, FWD), 2008 CTS (3.6L DI, AWD)

why does that tsb not include the 2010?

Indy_Mike is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance Collection

Quote Originally Posted by duke11 View Post
    Indy_Mike, My SRX is doing the same as yours. I need to pull the driver's side handle 10-15 times before it would open. Also I get the message no key fob detected. I brought my SRX to the service dept, but they could not find a problem. I will change my battery in my fob tomorrow and hopefully fixes the problem. I will keep you informed. Duke 11
    Thanks Duke, I'm very interested to see if the battery change takes care of the problem. Do you know if there is any programming of the Fob when replacing the battery?

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by Indy_Mike View Post
    Thanks Duke, I'm very interested to see if the battery change takes care of the problem. Do you know if there is any programming of the Fob when replacing the battery?
    I recently replaced the battery in my FOB and no reprogramming was necessary. Now, I wouldn't take out the old battery and leave the FOB laying around for a long time. Just make sure you have the new battery in hand before popping out the old battery.

Indy_Mike is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance Collection

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    I recently replaced the battery in my FOB and no reprogramming was necessary. Now, I wouldn't take out the old battery and leave the FOB laying around for a long time. Just make sure you have the new battery in hand before popping out the old battery.
    Great info Steve....thanks!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.