Cadillac SRX 2013
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Cadillac SRX 2013 in Cadillac SRX Forums; Im needing some help. I have a SRX and a terrible noise comes from the left front end at 35-40 ...
    kip365 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

Unhappy Cadillac SRX 2013

Im needing some help. I have a SRX and a terrible noise comes from the left front end at 35-40 mph. I have had it in the shop more than I have drove it. Ive had 4 cadillac techs try to fix it to no avail. I tried to get it as a lemon but the guy they send out lied about the noise even with the mechanic in the back seat stating that the problem exist. So GM declined to repurchase the vehicle. I have taken it to a outside mechanic and he stated that he never heard a car do this. Every mechanic know the sounds is abnormal and have tried several attempts to fix it. At this point Im getting a sign made to place on my car that will state " I BOUGHT MY LEMON AT BENNY BOYDS LAMESA!" Im also taking to FB because they will not fix it. I know this is a "breech of warranty" but they change lawyers so much that my lawyer said it will take at least two years to get anything done! Has anyone ran into this problem? Every mechanic knows the sound exists but cannot fix it. I live in a small town and I am a Physician Assistant so this will travel fast! I have a very large patient base. I am left with no alternative.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Re: Cadillac SRX 2013

What state are you in? You can typically file the Lemon Law with a state agency and don't need to get a lawyer involved. At least that's the way it is here in Texas. I filed the Lemon Law years ago on a car and it lit a fire under the dealer's butt. I did not have to involve an attorney. You just need to make sure you document EVERYTHING that is said and done to the SRX so there is no doubt.

I have had a lawyer with the lemon law attempt to repurchase the vehicle with GM. This guy they sent has a degree as a teacher and he basically lied. Im in Texas and the dealership said they would sell me another car but I would be out at least 10,000$. Every mechanic has tried to fix it but the rep said he couldnt find a problem even with the mechanic sitting in the back seat verifying the problem. Can you tell me what state agency you used? I had a lemon law attorney but he said it because of the reps report he couldnt do anything.

adamjeeps is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD
    Front wheel drive or all wheel drive? What type of noise? What size tires are you running? There is no reason this can't be fixed.

For a problem that doesn't exist I sure have had alot of mechanics trying to fix it!

----------

Cadillac SRX 2013 Premium, manufacture wheels and tires,,

----------

Front wheel drive

That answered none of the questions. How many miles? When did the noise start? Has it gotten worse? For any of us to help we need very specific details.

Front Wheel drive, stock tires and wheels. A rotational roaring noise worse at 35-40 mph and at 78-80 mph. The mechanic is cadillac certified and has 25 years experience. He has never ran into this noise before. He is just as frustrated as I am. It would like to blow it up because he cant seem to find the source

Have they tried swapping tires with another vehicle or at least rotating the fronts to the rear? What have they tried to do so far?

Cadillac SRX 2013 Premium/ 20 inch wheels/ front wheel drive. Noise started at 3000 miles and has progressively gotten worse. I have 8500 miles on it now and its been in the shop 5-6 times and I have all the repair invoices. They changed the wheels and tires, replace the trans axle shaft and brake pads.

----------

They have done that but the mechanic cannot seem to get to the bottom of the problem.

Could be wheel hub/bearing assembly. I hope you get it resolved one way or the other, I can not help with regard to Lemon Law. Do you have any mods done like window vents or bug shield?

no after market stuff added, they changed a barring it did nothing...

Does the noise go away or stay if you shift to neutral while driving those speeds? That could narrow it down if it subsides then you know it is transmission or rpm related.

No, even in neutral and rolling the noise is still present.

----------

In neutral and rolling no gas to the pedal the noise is still evident and worse on the drivers side but it can be heard on the passengers side also, just loudest on the drivers side

----------

It is totally reproducible even on the rack and running

Did you buy it new or used?

bought it new

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.