Hi! Just purchased a CPO 2011 SRX...scratches on window and paint I noticed after.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Hi! Just purchased a CPO 2011 SRX...scratches on window and paint I noticed after. in Cadillac SRX Forums; I have only had my car for the last few days. Already contacted the dealer. Going there tomorrow. The passenger ...
    Courtneyklv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 srx

Hi! Just purchased a CPO 2011 SRX...scratches on window and paint I noticed after.

I have only had my car for the last few days. Already contacted the dealer. Going there tomorrow. The passenger window has a 4 inch scratch (you can feel with finger) and it is right in my line of site. I noticed it today.

My husband saw some chips that weren't buffed, but just panted over.

Are these things that should have been fixed or are they normal pre-owned wear and tear?

Courtney

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Re: Hi! Just purchased a CPO 2011 SRX...scratches on window and paint I noticed after

Welcome, Courtney! I would think both could be buffed out and that your dealer should be willing to perform the service free of charge as part of customer service.

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Re: Hi! Just purchased a CPO 2011 SRX...scratches on window and paint I noticed after

Quote Originally Posted by Courtneyklv View Post

Are these things that should have been fixed or are they normal pre-owned wear and tear?
    You would have to read over the CPO ad/info to see what they promise.

Without that info, I would say yes to your question. It is normal wear and tear, and it should have been fixed, regardless of if they were obligated to or not. I hope they are stand-up kind of professionals and handle it for you.

Courtneyklv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 srx

Thanks! I'll ask tomorrow and see what they say. The window scratch bothers me the most because I see it anytime I look out of the passenger window.

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

Good luck gettin' them fixed. Recent events suggest Cadillac's customer service is improving, so that's good. Welcome!

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

Sorry to hear your first couple days with the car have been less than stellar. Hope the dealer makes good on it.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

I would be more concerned with the scratch in the window and making sure the window doesn't continue to be scratched raising and lowering the window.

I have OCD with marks on glass

Welcome to the site.

2manyhotrods is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1999 Eldorado ETC coupe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Courtneyklv
    I have only had my car for the last few days. Already contacted the dealer. Going there tomorrow. The passenger window has a 4 inch scratch (you can feel with finger) and it is right in my line of site. I noticed it today.

Courtney
    It is a USED vehicle right?

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Courtneyklv View Post

Courtney
    Hello Courtney,

Welcome to the forum! I am sorry you noticed a scratch on your passenger window. I understand your concern after only having your vehicle for a few days. I see you were going to the dealer. How did the dealer trip go; were they willing to fix your window for you? Please let me know. I can also be contacted via private message or by email at socialmedia@gm.com to further discuss anything.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.