Rubbing noise when turning wheel
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Rubbing noise when turning wheel in Cadillac SRX Forums; My used 2010 SRX makes a funny rubbing noise when I turn the wheel. Sounds like something in the steering ...
    NICK0867 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Rubbing noise when turning wheel

My used 2010 SRX makes a funny rubbing noise when I turn the wheel. Sounds like something in the steering column. Any ideas

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Rubbing noise when turning wheel

Quote Originally Posted by NICK0867 View Post
    My used 2010 SRX makes a funny rubbing noise when I turn the wheel. Sounds like something in the steering column. Any ideas
    Hello NICK0867,

I see you are looking for advice from other forum members if they have experienced the same issue as you, or can offer insight to your situation. I am sorry you are experiencing a noise in your steering column. If you would like to further discuss this concern with us, reach out via private message and include your contact information, VIN and current mileage. We look forward to assisting you with any current concerns or questions.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

davedogcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium (3.0L, FWD), 2008 CTS (3.6L DI, AWD)

I have similar sounds, but it seems to be RPM related. Mine only does it under about 600 RPM. It's almost like the power steering pump isn't getting enough fluid to it quickly enough at the lower engine RPMs. Only happens at very slow speeds making turns in parking lots, etc. Doens't happen once you get about 10 Mph or soThe dealership replaced the upper strut mounts which did not resolve the issue. I haven't investigated with the dealer further at this point. Don't like taking it in unless I have an idea of what to tell them to do. Otherwise it's just a waste of time.

Would love to know a solution to this issue.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by davedogcaddy View Post
    I have similar sounds, but it seems to be RPM related. Mine only does it under about 600 RPM. It's almost like the power steering pump isn't getting enough fluid to it quickly enough at the lower engine RPMs. Only happens at very slow speeds making turns in parking lots, etc. Doens't happen once you get about 10 Mph or soThe dealership replaced the upper strut mounts which did not resolve the issue. I haven't investigated with the dealer further at this point. Don't like taking it in unless I have an idea of what to tell them to do. Otherwise it's just a waste of time.

Would love to know a solution to this issue.
    Hello davedogcaddy,

I apologize that you are experiencing the same issue with your SRX. I understand you not wanting to take your vehicle into the dealership until you have an idea of what the concern is, but if you change your mind and would like any assistance working with the dealership, please feel free to private message us. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

My '10 did this for awhile too. Eventually the power steering line blew up (the one we had a recall on) and another dealer fixed it. It took awhile to chase the air out of the system, but then it went back to being quiet again.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

NICK0867 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I will also reach out to customer service

davedogcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium (3.0L, FWD), 2008 CTS (3.6L DI, AWD)

let us know what the dealer finds!

captain, did they come out with a better power steering line? wonder if i could get mine replaced before it blows....

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

I don't know, but the new one seems ok.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.