2011 srx tranny issues
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2011 srx tranny issues in Cadillac SRX Forums; My caddy will shake three times at 30mph when lightly applying the brakes to slow down. It appears to do ...
    buzzkill657 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 srx

2011 srx tranny issues

My caddy will shake three times at 30mph when lightly applying the brakes to slow down.

It appears to do it as it shifts from 3-2.

it's been getting worse each week with the shaking becoming more pronounced.

So all weekend I drive it Pee'd off cause it's doing it every time. I make it to the dealer yesterday and give him the OK to take my ride anywhere he wants even home overnight.

I call today to ask him what he thought it was and his answer was never did it for him.

I can't believe for a moment that it does it all weekend but as soon as he drives it it's fine.

I can't do a ride along at the moment with my messed up work schedule.

This has been going on for about 5 weeks now and I'm confused and frustrated.

Can anyone give me some insight on this problem.

Anyone else having issues?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Re: 2011 srx tranny issues

Tell the dealer to keep it and fix it because you don't want it back until it is.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

That's where: m at now

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by buzzkill657 View Post
    My caddy will shake three times at 30mph when lightly applying the brakes to slow down.

It appears to do it as it shifts from 3-2.

it's been getting worse each week with the shaking becoming more pronounced.

So all weekend I drive it Pee'd off cause it's doing it every time. I make it to the dealer yesterday and give him the OK to take my ride anywhere he wants even home overnight.

I call today to ask him what he thought it was and his answer was never did it for him.

I can't believe for a moment that it does it all weekend but as soon as he drives it it's fine.

I can't do a ride along at the moment with my messed up work schedule.

This has been going on for about 5 weeks now and I'm confused and frustrated.

Can anyone give me some insight on this problem.

Anyone else having issues?
    Hello buzzkill657,

I apologize that you are experiencing this issue with your SRX’s transmission. I completely understand your frustration with this issue. I would suggest a ride along with the service advisor or technician as well, but I see that you are unable to do that at the moment due to your work schedule. If you would like me to contact the dealership in regards to this concern, I would be more than happy to. Please private message me your name, contact info, VIN, mileage and dealership you have been working with. You can also reach out to me at socialmedia@gm.com if you are unable to private message me. Please be sure to include “ATTN GREG” in the subject line so that it gets delivered straight to me. Thank you very much for your time. I look forward to assisting you with this concern.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

I appreciate it Greg but I have a case worker helping me now. I'm just frustrated that I keep wasting an hour each time I go and drop off the srx and another when I pick it up.

As long as tech says he can't reproduced it I'm out of luck. They have felt it once on a ride along but say it wasn't bad enough to do anything now it's 3 times worse. But say they feel nothing.

I was on here looking for owners with similar issues but nothing so far

Quote Originally Posted by buzzkill657 View Post
    I appreciate it Greg but I have a case worker helping me now. I'm just frustrated that I keep wasting an hour each time I go and drop off the srx and another when I pick it up.

As long as tech says he can't reproduced it I'm out of luck. They have felt it once on a ride along but say it wasn't bad enough to do anything now it's 3 times worse. But say they feel nothing.

I was on here looking for owners with similar issues but nothing so far

Hello buzzkill657,

Gregory and I are here to assist the best we can. I see he has already reached out to you and you stated you have a case worker helping you now. I do understand your frustrations with the time you spend taking your vehicle to the dealer. If there is anything we can help with, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

carman603 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX

Buzz, Was your problem ever resolved?

BlackDeVille is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I had the same problem. The dealer reflashed the transmission and I can't believe how smooth it upshifts and downshifts now

Laura and Greg, What is a 'reflashing of the transmission?'

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Reflashing is a term used to describe updating of the firmware. The firmware is the software that controls the transmission in this case. The term "burn" is sometimes used in its place.

Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackDeVille View Post
    I had the same problem. The dealer reflashed the transmission and I can't believe how smooth it upshifts and downshifts now
    Hello BlackDeVille,

I am glad to hear that the transmission re-flash addressed the concern you were experiencing with your SRX. Please feel free to private message Laura or myself if you have any further questions or concerns.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by carman603 View Post
    Laura and Greg, What is a 'reflashing of the transmission?'
    Hello carman603,

Are you experiencing the same concern with your SRX’s transmission? A transmission re-flash is the reprograming of the transmission control module. If you are experiencing this concern as well, I would be more than happy to assist you in setting up an appointment to look into this further. Please feel free to private message me if you would like my assistance.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

bhap84 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX
    We had a similar problem with our 2011 Performance SRX back to the shop over 10 Times they found a few things. They changed a vacuum sensor, and a few computer changes. It got better but it happened mostly in the summer when it was very hot and car was in sun all day. Now we traded to a 2013 Premium and hope this one is better. We loved the old one but 2 years old and over 75000 miles it WS time to trade up

Greg, Thanks, I will call my dealer, Plaza Cadillac in Leesburg, FL., if your assistance is necessary - I'll contact you. In the past Plaza has been great.

Quote Originally Posted by carman603 View Post
    Greg, Thanks, I will call my dealer, Plaza Cadillac in Leesburg, FL., if your assistance is necessary - I'll contact you. In the past Plaza has been great.
    Hello carman603,

You are welcome! Please keep us updated! I am glad to hear that your dealership has been great in the past. I will be on the lookout for your future updates or messages.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Greg, The dealer has resolved my concern with the transmission 3 to 2 shift.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.