AC question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, AC question in Cadillac SRX Forums; I have a 2011 SRX AWD Luxury model that was purchased new in November 2010 and now has 26k miles. ...
    glava2876 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 11 SRX AWD Luxury 14 CTS Performance Coupe

AC question

I have a 2011 SRX AWD Luxury model that was purchased new in November 2010 and now has 26k miles.
    My wife & I love the SRX, though keeping black clean is driving me crazy.
    We had a strange problem about 3 times in the last month. We had problems with the AC not running cold enough for hours, but then it would all of a sudden be right back to normal?
    It is then good with no problems for days.
    Even when the AC wasn't cold enough, I could see the drain water under the vehicle, so it seems that it must have been running?
    Anyone have this problem?
    I wondered if it is a glitch in the controls?
    I will be calling to bring it in to the dealer, but want to know if this is common.
    Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: AC question

Quote Originally Posted by glava2876 View Post
    I have a 2011 SRX AWD Luxury model that was purchased new in November 2010 and now has 26k miles.
    My wife & I love the SRX, though keeping black clean is driving me crazy.
    We had a strange problem about 3 times in the last month. We had problems with the AC not running cold enough for hours, but then it would all of a sudden be right back to normal?
    It is then good with no problems for days.
    Even when the AC wasn't cold enough, I could see the drain water under the vehicle, so it seems that it must have been running?
    Anyone have this problem?
    I wondered if it is a glitch in the controls?
    I will be calling to bring it in to the dealer, but want to know if this is common.
    Thanks!
    Hello glava2876,

I am sorry you are experiencing issues with your air conditioning unit in your SRX. I see you are contacting the dealer about this issue. If you would like to discuss this concern with us, or keep us updated throughout the process, please reach out via private message. We are happy to help!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Re: AC question

There was a TSB on this issue, I know the 2010's were affected, but yours sounds just the same. A search of the forum could turn it up again...

Edit: Got it:
    Air con service bulletin
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.