2010 Cadillac SRX
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2010 Cadillac SRX in Cadillac SRX Forums; Katie, My wife and i recently purchased a 2010 Cadillac SRX premium from Jim Shorkey Automall ( they are NOT ...
    wirenut495 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Preimium

2010 Cadillac SRX

Katie,
    My wife and i recently purchased a 2010 Cadillac SRX premium from Jim Shorkey Automall ( they are NOT a Cadillac dealer) we have had this car for approx 2 months and we bought the extended bumper to bumper warranty,this car had 47000 miles when purchased (it has 51000 miles now)
    about 3 days ago my wife when to back out of our garage and the door ajar light came on, my wife stopped the car got out opened the passenger door(the door shown to be ajar) and closed it later that day she attempted to open the door and it would not do anything
    She contacted the dealership and after alot of BS they took the car in spent 3 hrs on it came back and told my wife the only way to get the door open was to break the inside panel and that we would be liable for this ,, to say the least im am outraged to spend 30000 on a car and have them tell me if they break something i am liable for it

please give me some insight on what to do where to go

we live in the greater Pittsburgh area

thanks,
    Sam & Dana Lewis

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: 2010 Cadillac SRX

Quote Originally Posted by wirenut495 View Post
    Katie,
    My wife and i recently purchased a 2010 Cadillac SRX premium from Jim Shorkey Automall ( they are NOT a Cadillac dealer) we have had this car for approx 2 months and we bought the extended bumper to bumper warranty,this car had 47000 miles when purchased (it has 51000 miles now)
    about 3 days ago my wife when to back out of our garage and the door ajar light came on, my wife stopped the car got out opened the passenger door(the door shown to be ajar) and closed it later that day she attempted to open the door and it would not do anything
    She contacted the dealership and after alot of BS they took the car in spent 3 hrs on it came back and told my wife the only way to get the door open was to break the inside panel and that we would be liable for this ,, to say the least im am outraged to spend 30000 on a car and have them tell me if they break something i am liable for it

please give me some insight on what to do where to go

we live in the greater Pittsburgh area

thanks,
    Sam & Dana Lewis
    Hello Sam and Dana,

Thank you for reaching out to us in regards to this concern with your SRX. Katie has since moved on to pursue other opportunities while Laura and I have been here to assist the members on this forum. I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with the vehicle. The first step we would need to do is have your vehicle diagnosed by a Cadillac dealership. The warranty you purchased may only be valid at the dealership you purchased it at though. If you would like any assistance locating or setting up an appointment with a Cadillac dealership, please private message me your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership if you have one in mind already. You can also reach out to me via email at socialmedia@gm.com if you are not able to private message me. Thank you very much for your time. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.