2010 SRX wet front floor
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2010 SRX wet front floor in Cadillac SRX Forums; My wife has a 2010 SRX with 125000 miles ... Not a typo!.. The car is garage kept 99% of ...
    bikejunkie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010SRX

Angry My 2010 SRX Submarine!

My wife has a 2010 SRX with 125000 miles ... Not a typo!.. The car is garage kept 99% of the time. Recently I found out the car leaks on the passenger when it rains outside. You can actually see the water come in from the right of the car just above where you foot rest.. Example, The car sat outside today in the parking lot, When my wife got home from work I had to use 3Large towels to get the water out of the car. Anybody else have a water logged Caddy

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

davedogcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium (3.0L, FWD), 2008 CTS (3.6L DI, AWD)

Re: My 2010 SRX Submarine!

probably a clogged sunroof drain. no issues with this on my 2010 SRX (so far), but we did have this issue on the 2008 CTS my wife drives. Was a big mess, but thankfully it was still under warranty. There was some sort of TSB where they increased the drain hose size or something like that to help prevent it from happening again. But yeah, we got in one day after a rain storm and there was about 2" of water in the front passenger side. They ended up having to replace all the carpet (because it molded), and clean the headliner. No more issues since though.

You might try checking the drains, they should be at all four corners when you have the sunroof open, look for clogs. If you don't see anything blocking them, run some weed-eater line down through each one and see if you can unclog them that way. You can also use compressed air, but you have to be careful not to blow the hoses off their connections. Good luck!

Two Mike Romeo Guest

bikejunkie - my 2010 SRX4 had the same problem on the same side. The dealer found that the sunroof drain tube had been damaged and had to be replaced. No problems after the replacement.

Randy
    Two Mike Romeo

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by bikejunkie View Post
    My wife has a 2010 SRX with 125000 miles ... Not a typo!.. The car is garage kept 99% of the time. Recently I found out the car leaks on the passenger when it rains outside. You can actually see the water come in from the right of the car just above where you foot rest.. Example, The car sat outside today in the parking lot, When my wife got home from work I had to use 3Large towels to get the water out of the car. Anybody else have a water logged Caddy
    Hello bikejunkie,

Have you thought about discussing this concern with your local dealership? If you would like to do this, I am more than happy to assist in locating a nearby dealership for you.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

gary2381 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX Premium

It rained here yesterday and I discovered water in the same location. I have had the car for almost 3 years and have never had this problem. It is out of warranty now so I wonder how much this will cost.

Quote Originally Posted by gary2381 View Post
    It rained here yesterday and I discovered water in the same location. I have had the car for almost 3 years and have never had this problem. It is out of warranty now so I wonder how much this will cost.
    Hi gary2381,

I am sorry you are now experiencing this issue as well. If you reach out to your local Cadillac dealership, they should be able to help estimate a cost for fixing this issue. If you would like help with this, I am more than happy to reach out to them for you if you private message me your contact information and VIN. Thanks!

Sincerely,

Laura M.

allgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

Drove home in a heavy rain last night noticed water on passenger all weather mat. This moring I opened sun roof and poured a cup of water down drain hole half soaked the carpet and half is on garage floor. The SRX is in garage 90% of the time don't know how drain would get clogged up. Might of been that way from factory. Thanks for the heads up off to dealer Monday. Warranty Issue.

Quote Originally Posted by allgm View Post
    Drove home in a heavy rain last night noticed water on passenger all weather mat. This moring I opened sun roof and poured a cup of water down drain hole half soaked the carpet and half is on garage floor. The SRX is in garage 90% of the time don't know how drain would get clogged up. Might of been that way from factory. Thanks for the heads up off to dealer Monday. Warranty Issue.
    Hello allgm,

I apologize you are also experiencing a drain problem with your vehicle. Keep us posted after your dealership visit to let us know how everything goes!

Regards,

Laura M.

Tant is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX AWD Luxury

I recently had the same problem with my 2010. Luckily, wifey caught it right away and took it to the dealer. Turned out that the sun roof drain hose had come loose at the top. They put the hose back on, apologized for the inconvenience, and she was on her way in about a half hour. I think they put some kind of chincy clamp on it at the factory and are just now finding out how chincy they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Tant View Post
    I recently had the same problem with my 2010. Luckily, wifey caught it right away and took it to the dealer. Turned out that the sun roof drain hose had come loose at the top. They put the hose back on, apologized for the inconvenience, and she was on her way in about a half hour. I think they put some kind of chincy clamp on it at the factory and are just now finding out how chincy they are.
    Hello Tant,

Glad to hear your wife caught the problem right away and the dealer was able to fix this issue! Enjoy driving your SRX around

Sincerely,

Laura M.

etexlady is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 Luxury SRX Crystal Red Tintcoat

I recently had a similar problem I posted about on this forum. Per the dealership, there was a leak around the sun roof which shorted out the hatch latch system. The service manager said they have seen this before. He seemed to think it is possible the pollen from the trees, etc. that is everywhere this time of year may have accumulated in the sun roof's drain and when it rained it made a kind of "paste" that clogged the drain system and the water found it's way out via the latch system. It made sense to me because I have a large Live Oak tree overhanging part of the driveway. In the Spring my black SRX has a coat of yellow pollen on it even if I put it in the garage.

CadyTech4Life is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    The leak in the right front is probably due to the right front hose popping out of firewall hole. I've seen this too many times. The new hose is about an inch longer to prevent this. If you can, remove the right side A- pillar trim piece( it pops off, then release upper retainer). You'll see the white hose behind it. Then grab a flashlight. From the outside of vehicle, look down through windshield near where bottom of hose appears to go behind dash. If you see it just hanging out, there's your leak. You'll see the hole it should be pushed into next to it, but like I said, the new hose is about an inch longer and doesn't pop out.
    davedogcaddy and davedogcaddy like this.

allgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX FWD Gray Flannel / Ebony Premium 3.0 Chrome Techs

Quote Originally Posted by CadyTech4Life View Post
    The leak in the right front is probably due to the right front hose popping out of firewall hole. I've seen this too many times. The new hose is about an inch longer to prevent this. If you can, remove the right side A- pillar trim piece( it pops off, then release upper retainer). You'll see the white hose behind it. Then grab a flashlight. From the outside of vehicle, look down through windshield near where bottom of hose appears to go behind dash. If you see it just hanging out, there's your leak. You'll see the hole it should be pushed into next to it, but like I said, the new hose is about an inch longer and doesn't pop out.
    Left my 2010 SRX at dealer yesterday for the for the problem you described. Last I heard was they had to remove dash to fix. Not too crazy about that. Service Manager said this was second 2010 he has fixed. If you have a 2010 check for water where the kick panel meets the door sill.

CadyTech4Life is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    You Definatly DO NOT have to remove dash to fix hose. We just had heavy rain here and we've had 4 SRX's come in with r/f hose popped out. All others that we've fixed never came back. I've done probably 10 myself, including removing carpet to dry. Another problem that could arise is a check engine light due to water getting into pass-thru connector on driver side under seat. It connects under the floorboard and water runs down it from the passenger side leak and corrodes the terminals.

bikejunkie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010SRX

LMAO! Thats why my check engine light stays on !... Unbeliveable. made in the USA !!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.