2010 SRX wet front floor - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2010 SRX wet front floor in Cadillac SRX Forums; Originally Posted by bikejunkie LMAO! Thats why my check engine light stays on !... Unbeliveable. made in the USA !! ...
    Denny41 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 SRX-AWD. 2012 SRX Performance AWD

Re: My 2010 SRX Submarine!

Quote Originally Posted by bikejunkie View Post
    LMAO! Thats why my check engine light stays on !... Unbeliveable. made in the USA !!
    Actually, engineered in USA and built in Mexico.

Born Loser is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

I had the same problem. Took everything apart until i found it had just popped loose from the fire wall. Made a little tool (bent metal rod) to push it back into place. I could tell right away, it was a little too short. No idea why there isn't a recall on it, every one will come out eventually. Of course I'm out of warranty....

bikejunkie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010SRX

My wife went to Hoffman Automotive in Hagerstown 13 July 2013 They want to charge her $327.80 to fix the problem, $287.80 is the labor cost. She was told the drain hoses can't be unclogged, and have to be replaced, $60 for the parts. The sad part of the whole situation, I told my wife her car has 130000 mile and has never had a Tune up! Take it to the dealer let them price a tune up for you. I have the mechanical repair estimate in front of me for $937.40 less taxes and shop supplies. Nothing about a tune up or on the estimate. They only part they got correct, was the $97 Diagnostic Charge

zinner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V / 2010 SRX 2.8T

Our passengers side was completed full of water this past weekend. I pulled the carpet back and there was standing water and push down the foam under the carpet and more squirts out. Just a terrible dealer response to the problem, they act like they could care less, told me to drop it off in 4 days, I was like HOLY crap in 4 days shit is going to be growing in there.

The SRX has been one dumb f'ing thing after another.
    stevec5375 likes this.

repnatl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Its sad that the gen II is having the exact same sunroof drain issues as the gen I thought they could have improved the design but guess not. This isn't looking to well on caddy engineering
    stevec5375 likes this.

PAO56 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '12 SRX Performance (Red), '13 2.5 Base ATS (Opulent Blue)

Quote Originally Posted by bikejunkie View Post
    My wife went to Hoffman Automotive in Hagerstown 13 July 2013 They want to charge her $327.80 to fix the problem, $287.80 is the labor cost. She was told the drain hoses can't be unclogged, and have to be replaced, $60 for the parts. The sad part of the whole situation, I told my wife her car has 130000 mile and has never had a Tune up! Take it to the dealer let them price a tune up for you. I have the mechanical repair estimate in front of me for $937.40 less taxes and shop supplies. Nothing about a tune up or on the estimate. They only part they got correct, was the $97 Diagnostic Charge
    Give Fitzgerald Cadillac in Frederick a try...I take both 12 SRX and my 13 ATS which I bought from them for service there....they also worked on my 09 CTS....fair pricing and quality work...would recommend them...

Merseyman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac SRX Luxury addition

There is a tube that runs down from the roof that needs to be cleaned. Happened w/ my 2011. My dealer actually has a special person that comes in to unclog the tube. GL!

M

doctormstein1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

Had same problem caused by sunroof drain. Destroyed front carpet also..Got lucky all was fixed and carpet was replaced under warranty.

Calli is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

2010 SRX wet front floor

I've owned my 2010 SRX since November 2012. I love the ride/drive. But recently water entered the driver and passenger front floor area.

The first occurrence was after a very hard rain. I used a shop vac to eliminate the water on the floor boards, opened the windows to air dry. I thought perhaps I hadn't closed the sun roof properly, so I didn't think too much about it.

But my next trip to the touchless car wash resulted in wet front floors, again. This time I also noticed while I had the passenger door open that insulation is dangling lose where the front body meets the door (passenger side). I contacted our local GM dealership to verify that they are certified to service Cadillac, as they do not sell new ones, just used. I was assured they were certified to service. When I took the car in, I explained the water problem and showed the service clerk the lose insulation. When I picked up the car, they had water tested it and found nothing wrong -- no leakage. When I got home I noticed that the passenger side floor was wet, but not the driver side. And the insulation had not been secured.

Now the check engine light is staying on.

Comments will be appreciated!

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: 2010 SRX wet front floor

Quote Originally Posted by Calli View Post
    I've owned my 2010 SRX since November 2012. I love the ride/drive. But recently water entered the driver and passenger front floor area.

The first occurrence was after a very hard rain. I used a shop vac to eliminate the water on the floor boards, opened the windows to air dry. I thought perhaps I hadn't closed the sun roof properly, so I didn't think too much about it.

But my next trip to the touchless car wash resulted in wet front floors, again. This time I also noticed while I had the passenger door open that insulation is dangling lose where the front body meets the door (passenger side). I contacted our local GM dealership to verify that they are certified to service Cadillac, as they do not sell new ones, just used. I was assured they were certified to service. When I took the car in, I explained the water problem and showed the service clerk the lose insulation. When I picked up the car, they had water tested it and found nothing wrong -- no leakage. When I got home I noticed that the passenger side floor was wet, but not the driver side. And the insulation had not been secured.

Hello Calli,

Welcome to the forum! We are happy to have you as part of the Cadillac community. I am happy you are loving the ride and drive of your 2010 SRX. I am sorry your driver and passenger front floor area is getting wet from water. I see you have worked with a dealership in regards to your issue, but it still persists and now with a check engine light. I would like the opportunity to further discuss your current situation. Please reach out to us via private message or by email at socialmedia@gm.com. In the message please include your full contact information, VIN, current mileage and the name and location of the dealer you worked with. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Calli View Post

Merged into existing thread...
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

westham is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

I have found these posts very interesting, I have only owned my 2010 for 1 month and so far it has not rained here in Los Angeles, I will be looking out for wet floors when it does rain........this is usually in the months of October & November and when it rains it's normally a heavy one after the summer months, this seems like a common problem, we shall see if my SRX is part of it.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by westham View Post
    I have found these posts very interesting, I have only owned my 2010 for 1 month and so far it has not rained here in Los Angeles, I will be looking out for wet floors when it does rain........this is usually in the months of October & November and when it rains it's normally a heavy one after the summer months, this seems like a common problem, we shall see if my SRX is part of it.
    Hello westham,

I hope that your SRX doesn’t experience this concern! Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you do experience this concern. Thank you very much for your time and congratulations on your recent purchase!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.