2010 SRX PREMIUM 4 wheel drive
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2010 SRX PREMIUM 4 wheel drive in Cadillac SRX Forums; When the DIC is scrolled to AV/100 km the digital readout begins to climb whether I am Traveling or at ...
    willcad is offline Cadillac Owners Member

2010 SRX PREMIUM 4 wheel drive

When the DIC is scrolled to AV/100 km the digital readout begins to climb whether I am
    Traveling or at idle . When it is reset, it zeros out and then reads 11.8 and then
    Begins to increase point by point whether I am at idle or travelling.My last 5
    Cadillacs had this option and the AV/
    100 km readout was a constant figure since last being reset. Why is
    the average readout fluctuating? My car only has a digital readout for AVERAGE.
    There is a gauge which has a sweep hand giving a readout of INSTANT L/100 km
    When the car is at idle the sweep hand is at zero. When traveling it naturally
    fluctuates depending upon speed. When the instant sweep hand ,for example, is at 10 L/100 km. the average digital readout could be at 19 L/ 100 km or even higher. Is this a normal situation. I went to the dealer yesterday and drove a 2011...the average
    digital readout remained at a constant number until reset and then averaging
    began again with the last readout showing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: 2010 SRX PREMIUM 4 wheel drive

Quote Originally Posted by willcad View Post
    When the DIC is scrolled to AV/100 km the digital readout begins to climb whether I am
    Traveling or at idle . When it is reset, it zeros out and then reads 11.8 and then
    Begins to increase point by point whether I am at idle or travelling.My last 5
    Cadillacs had this option and the AV/
    100 km readout was a constant figure since last being reset. Why is
    the average readout fluctuating? My car only has a digital readout for AVERAGE.
    There is a gauge which has a sweep hand giving a readout of INSTANT L/100 km
    When the car is at idle the sweep hand is at zero. When traveling it naturally
    fluctuates depending upon speed. When the instant sweep hand ,for example, is at 10 L/100 km. the average digital readout could be at 19 L/ 100 km or even higher. Is this a normal situation. I went to the dealer yesterday and drove a 2011...the average
    digital readout remained at a constant number until reset and then averaging
    began again with the last readout showing.
    Hello willcad,

I apologize that your DIC isn’t staying at a constant average. I do see that you are reaching out to the community to see if this is a normal occurrence. Since you are located in Canada have you reached out to the Customer Care team in Canada regarding this issue? If you are concerned about this issue and would like to reach out to them here is there contact info: 800-263-3777 and they are open Monday through Friday 7:30AM to 11:30PM EST and 7:30AM to 6PM EST on Saturdays. Please keep us updated on this situation. Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Thank you...I have been talking with Suzanne at cadillac customer care and they have instructed me to
    Take the car into the dealer. The problem is that the GM rep says that is normal. In my opinion it is not

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by willcad View Post
    Thank you...I have been talking with Suzanne at cadillac customer care and they have instructed me to
    Take the car into the dealer. The problem is that the GM rep says that is normal. In my opinion it is not
    Hello willcad,

I apologize that you are not satisfied with the agent’s response that the vehicle is operating as designed. I would suggest to continue working with your agent who is in the best position to assist you with this concern. Thank you very much for taking the time to respond.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Suzanne at cadillac customer care advised me to go to the dealer. It was my local cadillac service rep who inferred that the av per L/100 km was normal. I didn't have the car with me when I spoke to the service rep. I will take the vehicle in on September 10 and show home what is happening.

Willcad

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.