Want a new factory radio for my 2010 SRX......many problems
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, Want a new factory radio for my 2010 SRX......many problems in Cadillac SRX Forums; I bought my 2010 Cadillac SRX used and checked all electronics but not extensively (I.e. set favorites, check sound system ...
    CouSiNsLiP is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Want a new factory radio for my 2010 SRX......many problems

I bought my 2010 Cadillac SRX used and checked all electronics but not extensively (I.e. set favorites, check sound system Ect). My radio will not saves my favorites, but when I leave my truck overnight and start it up, all the favorites are gone. I've read many of the post on this forum and it seems the best way to fix the problem is to have a new factory radio installed. Does anyone know if Cadillac takes care of this glitch or how much this would cost? And also, like many others I'm not happy with the sound system. I need some volume in my vehicle and am willing to do whatever to my SRX without adding a sub box. Im afraid to do anything because I don't want to lose other functions that my SRX is equipped with. Anybody with any info?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Re: Want a new factory radio for my 2010 SRX......many problems

Your first problem was buying the 2010 SRX w/o coming here first and reading about all the problems. But since you have it, if it's still under warranty, Cadillac will have to replace the radio and make sure it has the latest firmware to fix your problems. I have had the nav/radio unit replaced twice in order to address all my issues. It "seems" stable right now.

After what I've experienced with this POS, I guarantee you that this is my last Cadillac. The brand has self destructed.

It took GM three years to get their support people onto this forum and all they seem to do is apologize for the problems rather than address them. I think some of us patrons know more about the issues than they do.

Good luck. You're gonna need it.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by CouSiNsLiP View Post
    I bought my 2010 Cadillac SRX used and checked all electronics but not extensively (I.e. set favorites, check sound system Ect). My radio will not saves my favorites, but when I leave my truck overnight and start it up, all the favorites are gone. I've read many of the post on this forum and it seems the best way to fix the problem is to have a new factory radio installed. Does anyone know if Cadillac takes care of this glitch or how much this would cost? And also, like many others I'm not happy with the sound system. I need some volume in my vehicle and am willing to do whatever to my SRX without adding a sub box. Im afraid to do anything because I don't want to lose other functions that my SRX is equipped with. Anybody with any info?
    Hello CouSiNsLiP,

I would like to look into your situation for you. I am sorry your radio is not functioning properly. Please reach out to us via private message or by email at socialmedia@gm.com. Include your contact information, VIN and current mileage. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

westham is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

Hello CouSINsLiP

I recently purchased a 2010 Luxury with 33k miles and had the same problem as have many here on this board.
    It is a known fault, if you have Navigation then it will probably default to Washington DC on start up and the digital clock won't keep the correct time and the radio will not store the favorites and also defaulted to a radio station rather than a whatever I had left it on before the prior turn off.
    Take it to a dealer and tell him to give it the latest firmware update to overcome the bugs, make sure they keep the vehicle for at least 3 hours after this is done and then restart it to make sure the updates had overcome the problem, if the radio/Navigation again defaults (as mine did) to the above mentioned situations then the firmware update did not hold, have them order and install a new radio under factory warrenty.
    This has fixed my problems (so far so good),

algiorda is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 , 2010, 2014 Luxury Raven Blk w/Ebony

So your SRX is the ONLY car you've ever had that had problems???? yea right.

How can you generalize about the brand when so many of us have had trouble free SRX's? Chalk it up to bad luck and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    Your first problem was buying the 2010 SRX w/o coming here first and reading about all the problems. But since you have it, if it's still under warranty, Cadillac will have to replace the radio and make sure it has the latest firmware to fix your problems. I have had the nav/radio unit replaced twice in order to address all my issues. It "seems" stable right now.

After what I've experienced with this POS, I guarantee you that this is my last Cadillac. The brand has self destructed.

It took GM three years to get their support people onto this forum and all they seem to do is apologize for the problems rather than address them. I think some of us patrons know more about the issues than they do.

Good luck. You're gonna need it.
    GMJim likes this.

Ufgators is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Srx

My did the same thing. I took to the dealer and got replace at no charge. It took 2 days for them to order the new one.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Quote Originally Posted by algiorda View Post
    So your SRX is the ONLY car you've ever had that had problems???? yea right.

How can you generalize about the brand when so many of us have had trouble free SRX's? Chalk it up to bad luck and move on.
    I am happy for all of you that have trouble-free SRXs. However, what I have discovered is that there are many people with SRXs with problems that don't even know they have problems. Perhaps they haven't read the manual and don't know how things are "supposed" to work and so they drive around blissfully ignorant. Then there are those that don't report their problems on this forum. I have seen several postings recently where people have bought used SRXs only to discover them with all these issues that have been around since day one. I suppose the original owner was blissfully ignorant when they traded it in with all those problems?

Based on all the hearsay from years gone by, I was one who came to understand that Cadillac was the GM top-tier brand and was supposed to of quality. So I bought this newly-redesigned SRX with that in mind. I have been dismally disappointed. To me, the brand doesn't live up to the hype.

I will agree that coming to this forum probably paints a slanted view of reality since more people with issues tend to be on here than not. But, as you cheerfully pointed out, my experience hasn't been a good one.

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    I am happy for all of you that have trouble-free SRXs. However, what I have discovered is that there are many people with SRXs with problems that don't even know they have problems. Perhaps they haven't read the manual and don't know how things are "supposed" to work and so they drive around blissfully ignorant. Then there are those that don't report their problems on this forum. I have seen several postings recently where people have bought used SRXs only to discover them with all these issues that have been around since day one. I suppose the original owner was blissfully ignorant when they traded it in with all those problems?

Based on all the hearsay from years gone by, I was one who came to understand that Cadillac was the GM top-tier brand and was supposed to of quality. So I bought this newly-redesigned SRX with that in mind. I have been dismally disappointed. To me, the brand doesn't live up to the hype.

I will agree that coming to this forum probably paints a slanted view of reality since more people with issues tend to be on here than not. But, as you cheerfully pointed out, my experience hasn't been a good one.

Approximately 55,000 SRX were sold yearly in 2010-2013. So that is approx. 220,000 units. How many users have posted in the 2nd generation forum here? Less than .1% off all SRX's sold are represented here. Only a tiny sample of problems are reported here.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Quote Originally Posted by adamjeeps View Post
    Approximately 55,000 SRX were sold yearly in 2010-2013. So that is approx. 220,000 units. How many users have posted in the 2nd generation forum here? Less than .1% off all SRX's sold are represented here. Only a tiny sample of problems are reported here.
    A tenth of one percent (0.1%) is not very statistically significant

and on top of that, the sample (SRX owners) is self-selecting (not randomly chosen... actually chose themselves to join here and share their experiences)
    that basically taints the data and causes it to be unusable for statistical purposes
    davedogcaddy likes this.
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

GeeVee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Crystal Red AWD 3L Luxury & Performance SRX

I`m going to side with Steve on this one. I`ve had a number of issues with my 2010 that I bought new including radio/nav problems to having my motor replaced. While there are a number of marvellous things Cadillac has designed, there are others that give you WTF moments. Speaking for myself, I expected more. To those who continue to experience safe, enjoyable driving, I wish you all the best.
    mommy1812 likes this.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by GeeVee View Post
    I`m going to side with Steve on this one. I`ve had a number of issues with my 2010 that I bought new including radio/nav problems to having my motor replaced. While there are a number of marvellous things Cadillac has designed, there are others that give you WTF moments. Speaking for myself, I expected more. To those who continue to experience safe, enjoyable driving, I wish you all the best.
    Hello GeeVee,

I am sorry if you had to deal with multiple issues with your 2010 SRX. I understand how this can be frustrating, after purchasing the vehicle new. If there are any current concerns or questions you have, please reach out to me via private message so we can further discuss your current situation.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    norman52 likes this.

davedogcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium (3.0L, FWD), 2008 CTS (3.6L DI, AWD)

I'm going to go ahead and chime in here. I've had the Radio Issue, and some of the other common issues since I got my 2010 SRX in January of this year. That being said I still love this vehicle and yes, if I had to do it over, I'd buy the same vehicle.

My main issue isn't a vehicle this complex having bugs and issues. My gripe is having to know more than the Cadillac service department to get anything accomplished. If it's anything beyond normal mechanic's work (oil changes, tire rotation, general engine work, etc) - and it's at all related to electrical, the computers, and general bells and whistles (the same bells and whistles that led some of us to purchase the car in the first place) - the service advisors, mechanics, ...all of them... are generally clueless. They need to be better educated on what they are selling/servicing (I actually had an argument with several employees at my local dealership last time I had an issue who didn't believe me that the SRX could pause live radio!).

Vehicles this complex won't be perfect. All makes/models will have their glitches, as well as their pros and cons. Think of any make/model and go visit their forums....

westham is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury

Quote Originally Posted by davedogcaddy View Post
    I'm going to go ahead and chime in here. I've had the Radio Issue, and some of the other common issues since I got my 2010 SRX in January of this year. That being said I still love this vehicle and yes, if I had to do it over, I'd buy the same vehicle.

My main issue isn't a vehicle this complex having bugs and issues. My gripe is having to know more than the Cadillac service department to get anything accomplished. If it's anything beyond normal mechanic's work (oil changes, tire rotation, general engine work, etc) - and it's at all related to electrical, the computers, and general bells and whistles (the same bells and whistles that led some of us to purchase the car in the first place) - the service advisors, mechanics, ...all of them... are generally clueless. They need to be better educated on what they are selling/servicing (I actually had an argument with several employees at my local dealership last time I had an issue who didn't believe me that the SRX could pause live radio!).

Vehicles this complex won't be perfect. All makes/models will have their glitches, as well as their pros and cons. Think of any make/model and go visit their forums....
    I agree with you, I had the radio problem (found all of the answers here) and purchased a GM fog light set the Cadillac dealer refushed to give me an installation quote on as "they had never done one before" and then when the light kit was installed by others I called to make an appointment to have them callibrated/coded for the car and they did not know what I was talking about so I had to fax them the GM instructions (printed from a posting on the board) at the end of the day it cost $123.00 (the dealer hourly rate) and the fogs do not as yet light, they seem to think it's a wireing issue, we will wait and see.

Zachary is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac SRX Luxury Crystal Red

Hi all . I bought a 2010 SRX Luxury FWD brand new . Currently I have 35,00 miles on it and up to this point never had a problem until this summer . My Rad/Nav started having problems . Screen would not pop up at start up , time was wrong , and it would switch radio stations from XM to FM , and all presets were erased . After 2 days of it happening I took it to my Dealership and told them what was going on . I was with the Technician writing up problem , and after 10 minutes I told him to go ahead and start it up to show him the problem and it happened !!!! I was glad it did because I thought he might of thought I was nuts . I did a "fist pump" and actually shout YES , . This was on a friday afternoon , he put a card on the raer mirror , ask me what rental I wanted to drive and on my way I went . He called me onTuesday told me they would need to replace unit . They did at no cost to me for anything .I didn't know this was happening to other owners till I read these posts . Having the right service dept. makes a bog diff. So far unit is working properly . For those who diss GM , if you buy a car with all the bells and whistles , you can bet you will have a bug . Just like the puters you use sometimes act up .

Ufgators is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Srx
    Quote Originally Posted by CouSiNsLiP
    I had the same problem with my 2010srx. Updated firmware did not fix it. The dealer replaced the unit at no cost because it's still under warranty

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.