2013 srx gas pedal question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2013 srx gas pedal question in Cadillac SRX Forums; I have 2013 srx luxury fwd with 1100 miles on it -- Today I had something happen that really concerned ...
    mjf
    mjf is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx 2013

Red face 2013 srx gas pedal question

I have 2013 srx luxury fwd with 1100 miles on it -- Today I had something happen that really concerned me. I was stopped at a light and went to turn right --but upon depressing the gas pedal there was no movement at all. I had to punch the pedal very hard before it barely moved. I took it straight to the dealer and they said that I probably had somehow simultaneously hit the gas and brake and this would cause it to not move forward. This was a safety mechanism in place as a result of the toyota accelerator sticking and that if it happened again to use my other foot to lift up on the gas pedal or to turn off the traction control. Does this sound right?
    RoyC80 likes this.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: 2013 srx gas pedal question

Quote Originally Posted by mjf View Post
    I have 2013 srx luxury fwd with 1100 miles on it -- Today I had something happen that really concerned me. I was stopped at a light and went to turn right --but upon depressing the gas pedal there was no movement at all. I had to punch the pedal very hard before it barely moved. I took it straight to the dealer and they said that I probably had somehow simultaneously hit the gas and brake and this would cause it to not move forward. This was a safety mechanism in place as a result of the toyota accelerator sticking and that if it happened again to use my other foot to lift up on the gas pedal or to turn off the traction control. Does this sound right?
    Hello mjf,

I apologize that you experienced this in your SRX. I would be more than happy to forward this question to an internal resource of mine in regards to this question. I will respond to you via private message tomorrow with the response I receive back from them. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

mjf

Thank you for looking into this I appreciate it.

'12CTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX AWD Premium
    I know this is OT, but it is scary how many people drive with both feet. I know how older people developed this dangerous bad habit. I see no reason nowadays with modern brakes and hill hold/assist to ever use both feet while driving. However, I see it every day with even young drivers going down the road with the brakes activated.

300:29:1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Luxury w/NAV
    Quote Originally Posted by '12CTSman
    I know this is OT, but it is scary how many people drive with both feet. I know how older people developed this dangerous bad habit. I see no reason nowadays with modern brakes and hill hold/assist to ever use both feet while driving. However, I see it every day with even young drivers going down the road with the brakes activated.
    I had to break myself of that habit. I'm under 50 but was too lazy to move my right foot. Glad I stopped.

Thank you for looking into this I appreciate it.
    Hello mjf,

You are very welcome! I have sent you a private message in regards to this concern. Please let me know if you do not receive it. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

davedogcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Premium (3.0L, FWD), 2008 CTS (3.6L DI, AWD)

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello mjf,

You are very welcome! I have sent you a private message in regards to this concern. Please let me know if you do not receive it. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    While we all appreciate your time/help - with an issue like this would it not make more sense to post the answer to his question here so we could all benefit from the info? That is, after all, what forums like this are all about.

Just a thought.

mjf

I got my response from cadillac cust service and they said that they agreed with what the dealership told me and that if it happens again and I know that I didn't have a foot on both the brake and the gas pedal they would help me w/ the dealership if I needed it.

What concerns me is that I only drive with my right foot so I don't see how I could have a foot on both the gas pedal and brake.

Quote Originally Posted by davedogcaddy View Post
    While we all appreciate your time/help - with an issue like this would it not make more sense to post the answer to his question here so we could all benefit from the info? That is, after all, what forums like this are all about.

Just a thought.
    Hello davedogcaddy,

I’m glad you appreciate our assistance we provide on the forum! We treat our customer’s concerns on a case by case basis and use private messages as a way to protect our customer’s privacy and info. Mjf didn’t have to send me any information in this instance, but if he would have, I was already speaking to him privately. It is easier for us to respond quickly and more personalized if we respond through a private message as well. Going back to the case by case basis, if you were experiencing the same concern, the answer I gave him might not apply to you. I do understand everyone else benefitting from the info and I do apologize that we do tend to work privately more often than not for those reasons. I do see that mjf has responded with my response (Thanks!), so if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to private message me! Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

I got my response from cadillac cust service and they said that they agreed with what the dealership told me and that if it happens again and I know that I didn't have a foot on both the brake and the gas pedal they would help me w/ the dealership if I needed it.

What concerns me is that I only drive with my right foot so I don't see how I could have a foot on both the gas pedal and brake.
    Hello mjf,

I know that I have touched both pedals on accident before. You will be more aware of the situation now and if you experience this issue again, we will be able to tell that this is a different issue. Thank you very much for your time. Please keep us updated on the situation.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

carbeck is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX AWD Premium, previously 2011 AWD Luxury

Something tells me that the issue you are having is related to this:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ork-today.html

See the posts that I left there. There does not appear to be a "remedy" to the problem; it seems to occur at random. If any warning lights come on as a result of it, cycling the ignition should get them to reset.

mjf

Quote Originally Posted by carbeck View Post
    Something tells me that the issue you are having is related to this:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ork-today.html

See the posts that I left there. There does not appear to be a "remedy" to the problem; it seems to occur at random. If any warning lights come on as a result of it, cycling the ignition should get them to reset.
    Thanks, it does seem very similar except my engine light did not come on.

carbeck is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX AWD Premium, previously 2011 AWD Luxury

Thanks, it does seem very similar except my engine light did not come on.
    OK. What I would do is drive the car as normal and watch for anything like this to happen again. If it doesn't, you should be fine.

If it does, and the engine light does come on with it, call Onstar right away and have them run a diagnostic. If any other lights come on, you should drive to the dealer to have them document that the lights are on. When you do, do NOT turn the engine off until the dealer hooks up their tool and records it. If you do, the light will probably go out and it would be another case of "we can't get it to duplicate".

EDIT: It looks like this may actually be a known issue. Bulletin PI0090C from the 9/1/11 "fix it right the first time" reads as follows:

2007-2011 Acadia, Camaro, CTS, Enclave, Equinox, G6, G8, LaCrosse, Malibu, OUTLOOK, SRX, STS, Terrain, Torrent, Traverse, VUE - Intermittent engine hesitation or flutter without DTCs
    The listed solution reads:

Correct camshaft position sensor - bank 1 exhaust or bank 1 intake harness connector terminals
    Now, this only applied through 2011 models at the time of writing (it was the latest model at that time), but I wouldn't rule out that it could affect later models as well. You can read the bulletin by going to this page and searching for the bulletin number above:

http://www.archivedsites.com/cgi-bin...gs=10&limit=20

mjf

Quote Originally Posted by carbeck View Post
    OK. What I would do is drive the car as normal and watch for anything like this to happen again. If it doesn't, you should be fine.

If it does, and the engine light does come on with it, call Onstar right away and have them run a diagnostic. If any other lights come on, you should drive to the dealer to have them document that the lights are on. When you do, do NOT turn the engine off until the dealer hooks up their tool and records it. If you do, the light will probably go out and it would be another case of "we can't get it to duplicate".

EDIT: It looks like this may actually be a known issue. Bulletin PI0090C from the 9/1/11 "fix it right the first time" reads as follows:

The listed solution reads:

Now, this only applied through 2011 models at the time of writing (it was the latest model at that time), but I wouldn't rule out that it could affect later models as well. You can read the bulletin by going to this page and searching for the bulletin number above:

http://www.archivedsites.com/cgi-bin...gs=10&limit=20
    Thanks for the advice. I had not thought about calling onstar when it happened-- and the first time it happened I went straight to the dealer but made the mistake of turning off the car. Live and learn. I appreciate the help.

GEORGEC is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 DHS

Older people do not just develop this habit. Using both feet is a hold over from the days that they drove cars without automatic transmissions and used both feet. It is easy to spot these people as their brake lights keep going on and off with no apparent reason. Now, just what is "scary" and "dangerous bad habit" about this practise ? ?????????????????????? Sometimes my enter key will not work on this forum????? Anybody else have this problem? George

adamjeeps is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD
    It's dangerous because a constant brake light makes it that much more difficult to know when they are actually braking. It reduces reaction time for others behind them. Just like a driver with their turn signal constantly on, you don't know what they are doing.
    Bejay likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.