2013 srx gas pedal question - Page 9
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2013 srx gas pedal question in Cadillac SRX Forums; Hi Tina, My daughter's school is approximately a 15 minute drive across town and both times we had just about ...
    canada is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac SRX Luxury

Re: 2013 srx gas pedal question

Hi Tina,

My daughter's school is approximately a 15 minute drive across town and both times we had just about reached our destination. It sure does take the joy out of it. I love our car but am not willing to continue to drive it if a fix can't be made. It's not worth the risk.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

I wonder if it would be the cam position sensor that's creating this issue? If it's out or has a glitch, the engine would drop back to idle until it can read the sensor again.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by canada View Post
    Hi Tina,

My daughter's school is approximately a 15 minute drive across town and both times we had just about reached our destination. It sure does take the joy out of it. I love our car but am not willing to continue to drive it if a fix can't be made. It's not worth the risk.
    Hello canada,

I apologize for the vehicle concern you are also experiencing. I would like the opportunity to further discuss your situation. Can you please confirm your location? We are only set up to assist customers based in the United States, but if you are located elsewhere, I would like to get you in contact with our GM counterparts in your home market for further assistance.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

nikkirenee is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I also have a 2013 Cadillac SRX Luxury SUV, and have had the exact same problem! After stopping. I go to accelerate to go straight or turn and I lose power for a few seconds, before the power kicks back in! Scary! I have taken it to the shop 3 times now. They continue to say...they have no memo's from the manufacturer, no code comes up on the vehicle, and no recall notice is available. They act like I am imagining the problem. Irritating! I should start proceedings through the lemon law! I agree, this is a huge issue, and if someone get's in an accident, they are going to get sued!

crump13 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance Black Raven/Ebony w/Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by nikkirenee View Post
    I also have a 2013 Cadillac SRX Luxury SUV, and have had the exact same problem! After stopping. I go to accelerate to go straight or turn and I lose power for a few seconds, before the power kicks back in! Scary! I have taken it to the shop 3 times now. They continue to say...they have no memo's from the manufacturer, no code comes up on the vehicle, and no recall notice is available. They act like I am imagining the problem. Irritating! I should start proceedings through the lemon law! I agree, this is a huge issue, and if someone get's in an accident, they are going to get sued!
    Nikkirenee, every time I hear of another incident of this it fires me up. So far I have not experienced this issue again since the first time but I always expect it to happen every time I come to a stop. I do not turn into traffic like I would normally if I was driving a vehicle I had confidence that it won't leave me stranded in the middle of oncoming traffic for up to 5 seconds.

Have you reported this to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration yet? If not, I would like to encourage you to file a safety complaint. The more complaints they receive the sooner an investigation or recall can be issued. Below is the information on how to file a complaint. We are getting more and more complaints so I would think they would have to open up an investigation soon and force GM to deal with this issue and hopefully it will be before someone loses their life or gets injured. So far the majority of the complaints that are listed on the NHTSA website for the 2013 are this specific issue and the more we report the better.

How to file a claim:

Via Web
    Begin online form (https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/Vehicl...nt/index.xhtml)

Via Mail
    Request PDF form by email (https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/portable/index.cfmhttps://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/portable/index.cfm )

Via Phone
    File a Complaint for Child Seats, Tires, Equipment, Vehicles
    Monday-Friday (8 am to 8 pm ET)

~Tina~

Quote Originally Posted by nikkirenee View Post
    Hello nikkirenee,

Welcome to the forum! I understand your frustration and concern due to your current situation. I would like to further discuss your situation and set up a case file within our system documenting your concern. Please send me a private message or email to socialmedia@gm.com including your full contact information, VIN and dealership name and location. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

brent.tierney is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 srx luxury, (69 sdv, 70 sdv, 72 sdv, 76 cdv past)

so the luster is off the purchase of our 2013 Cadillac srx. after an exhaustive search for almost a year for the perfect car-ish crossover to replace my girlfriends jeep, we settled on a sexy white srx. being a long time Cadillac fan, and having a father that worships the brand, it seemed like a perfect choice. it was a low miler used vehicle that was imported to Canada and sold be Don Wheaton Chev olds. Having felt lucky it was the correct color and trim level, we snapped it up immediately. unfortunately that was only a week ago, and yesterday while driving and coming to a stop, and trying to pull out into traffic turning left, i experienced an "episode". hit the throttle, it kind of lurched and stopped. i thought it had stalled. i had time to say "what the %$#@" looked down at the tach to confirm it was still running, looked down at the gearshift to see if i bumped it out of gear, and then it sputtered and came to life and moved forward. it felt like something i should have experienced with me carburetted 69, not a 2013. I'm educated enough to know that there is something wrong with a control system, and when i consulted the www. to see if the Cadillac was a drive by wire throttle, i found this thread. surprise, surprise, we are not the only ones that have experienced this before. the internet is amazing for identifying chronic problems with everything.

I guess the question i have is has anyone operated a data logger and logged the event when it happened? Since we operate in a world of PLC's and logic devices, i'm not so sure that we aren't experiencing a issue with the hard code in the software that operated the srx. Hence no one can find fault in the hardware, and the ECM can detect no fault, it may be operating exactly how it is being told to operate, the scary operation is just a result of that. To top it all off, no dealership is going to have access to the logic string to be able to go through it bit by bit to see what line of code causes it to nullify the throttle input until some other logic is verified, so it can again apply it. I started my life as a mechanic, so i know how hard it is going to be for someone to trouble shoot a intermittent problem like this, and am currently working with large projects that have a lot of involvement with complex PLC control, and have pulled my hair out with equipment that has had improper operation, particularly with braking circuits, only to find out the it was a line of code telling it to do something, and you just didn't know that line was in there. With all the advances with anti-collision, anti-skid, anti-spin, anti-driver control everything (anti-fun), it will take a petty in depth effort to remove the drive-ability problem. Hope the dealerships are ready for it up here. Going back to them this week......b

adamjeeps is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

I don't have a 2013 so I apologize if this is a dumb question, but, is there a way to turn off the driver aids, and if so, were they on or off when the hesitation occurred?

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

For all 2010+ SRX's, you can tap the T/C button to turn of Traction Control, or hold the button for 5 seconds to kill Traction Control and Stabilitrack.
    In 2013+ SRX's, both T/C and Stabilitrack must be active in order to use Cruise Control. (At least with the Adaptive Cruise Control option)
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

gspeir62 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

I just bought a 2013 SRX yesterday and was reading through here to see if there were any problems/concerns with this year. After reading this thread does anyone know if this is an isolated problem with just a few vehicles or is this quite common?

'12CTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX AWD Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain
    For all 2010+ SRX's, you can tap the T/C button to turn of Traction Control, or hold the button for 5 seconds to kill Traction Control and Stabilitrack. In 2013+ SRX's, both T/C and Stabilitrack must be active in order to use Cruise Control. (At least with the Adaptive Cruise Control option)
    I did not know that about the '13/ACC. Thanks for the info, Captain.

Maxplot is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium ATS 3.6 - Crystal Red, 2013 SRX Platinum Ice

Quote Originally Posted by gspeir62 View Post
    I just bought a 2013 SRX yesterday and was reading through here to see if there were any problems/concerns with this year. After reading this thread does anyone know if this is an isolated problem with just a few vehicles or is this quite common?
    It seems to be very isolated. It happened to my wife driving home from the dealer, and has not happened since. In my wife's case, she had just slammed on the brakes to avoid a car that ran a red light, then when she went to accelerate, there was about a 3 second delay. She has almost 2000 miles on the SRX now and has not been able to duplicate that problem (if it was a problem in our case).

crump13 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance Black Raven/Ebony w/Ebony

So far from what I have seen it has only happensto 2013 models and is intermittent and doesn't throw a code when it happens. I was suppose to get a data recorder installed in my vehicle from my Cadillac service center but I haven't heard back from them. I am not far from my first service and I will talk to them about it then and have it installed when I get that service done.

~Tina~

ezed1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 77sev(Trd)82Eld(died)92sls(Trd)99sls(Trd)03dts(Trd)07sts13sr

I was having this same problem early in miles now at 10,000 miles and pass my first service some months back, i have not had this problem reoccur it has mysteriously went away, keeping my finger crossed, also i did not mention this problem at my first service, and i too have a 2013 srx.

Hello gspeir62,

Welcome to Cadillac Owners and congratulations on your recent purchase of a 2013 SRX! Are you currently experiencing a vehicle concern? If there is anything you would like to further discuss, please send me a private message. I monitor the Cadillac forums and I am more than happy to assist the best I can.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.