2013 srx gas pedal question - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2013 srx gas pedal question in Cadillac SRX Forums; Tina, I have experienced both the .5 second delay and the 3-5 second lack of power/acceleration....
    mjf
    mjf is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx 2013

Re: 2013 srx gas pedal question

Tina,
    I have experienced both the .5 second delay and the 3-5 second lack of power/acceleration.
    crump13 likes this.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

crump13 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance Black Raven/Ebony w/Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by mjf View Post
    Tina,
    I have experienced both the .5 second delay and the 3-5 second lack of power/acceleration.
    Thank for the update. How are things progressing with your issues? I know your last post you were going to seek legal action.

Your car seems to have had other issues along with this one so I hope at least tall the other issues have been fixed and this loss of acceleration issue is the last on the list remaining.

So far for me the only issue is the loss of acceleration but then again it only has 1749 miles on it and has been in the dealership service center since Dec 2nd but I told them to test drive it or have the service manager run errands with it as much as he wants in hopes he will experience the issue (hopefully without the car losing acceleration in the middle of a busy traffic situation). Even if he does experience the loss of acceleration it will not put us any closer to finding the issue since it doesn't throw a code to analyze. My service manager said he can plug in a data recorder to record everything going on and while he is driving it around if it happens he can press the button on the data recorder right after it happens and it will save that data and possibly get something off of that. I will see on Monday if he took it out at all over the weekend.

~Tina~

mjf

I spoke with an attorney and she said that I need to file the lemon law. I have the letter ready to go (but I have been iced in) as soon as I get back to the office I will be mailing the letter. I have had some of the issues resolved but none of the major issues like the lack of acceleration and the proximity sensors going off when nothing is around and other misc things.

Hopefully, they can get info off the data recorder for you. I tried calling onstar immediately after it occurred but no codes popped up-- I have even taken the vehicle to the dealer when the problem occurred less than a mile from them and they ran the codes and nothing showed. It has been extremely frustrating the dealership is truly trying to find the problem but have not had success.(the regional rep looked at the car and they put over 800 miles on it trying to find the problem and came up with a loose camera) They were convinced it was the camera and replaced it but the vehicle has had a lack of acceleration several times since replacing the camera. Hopefully, your dealership can duplicate the problem and then find a fix. Good luck.
    crump13 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mjf View Post
    I spoke with an attorney and she said that I need to file the lemon law. I have the letter ready to go (but I have been iced in) as soon as I get back to the office I will be mailing the letter. I have had some of the issues resolved but none of the major issues like the lack of acceleration and the proximity sensors going off when nothing is around and other misc things.

Hopefully, they can get info off the data recorder for you. I tried calling onstar immediately after it occurred but no codes popped up-- I have even taken the vehicle to the dealer when the problem occurred less than a mile from them and they ran the codes and nothing showed. It has been extremely frustrating the dealership is truly trying to find the problem but have not had success.(the regional rep looked at the car and they put over 800 miles on it trying to find the problem and came up with a loose camera) They were convinced it was the camera and replaced it but the vehicle has had a lack of acceleration several times since replacing the camera. Hopefully, your dealership can duplicate the problem and then find a fix. Good luck.
    Thanks for the update and I hope that your progress with the Lemon Law is smooth and hassle free. I have never had to move forward with filing a lemon law on a vehicle and I hope this loss of acceleration issue is fixed before I have to go that route.

I believe the data recorder acts a little different then the computer throwing a code. I believe it is closer to the function of the "black box" that is installed in our vehicles that Sube mentioned in his last post but this is a portable one. The service manager explained that it records the exact condition and function of the car and when the loss of acceleration happens I would have to push a button on the data recorder to save that data. So it appears to me the data constantly writes over itself if the button isn't pressed which is how the black box acts (without the press of the button) because the assumption with the black box is that data is only retrieved after an accident and there would be no additional data being recorded after the accident occurs.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that they can get this to happen with the data recorder in and capture some type of useful data. I will definitely keep this thread updated as I have information.

~Tina~
    ezed1 likes this.

I spoke to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/) today and they will not take my word that there are multiple people experiencing this 4 or more second loss of acceleration and will not read this forum for their research, which I can completely understand why. They stated that they will only research complaints made directly to them on their site.

So without sounding like I am badgering anyone here, if you are experiencing this issue and feel that it is truly a safety issue that could cause an accident, please take a few minutes to file a complaint with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The more complaints they receive the sooner they will open an investigation and hopefully the sooner this can be resolved.

Below is info directly from their website:

Welcome to SaferCar.gov, where you can identify and report problems you might be having with your vehicle, tires, equipment or car seats. If you think you have a problem, we want you to tell us about it. We are the Office of Defects Investigation, or ODI. We are a part of the U.S. DOT's National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the nation's only agency authorized to conduct defect investigations and administer safety recalls on everything from vehicles and equipment to tires and child safety seats. Our engineers and investigators look into problems you report to help ensure you and others stay safe on our nation's roads and highways.

How Your complaint is Handled

We protect your privacy. We do not share your personal information with the general public. Your complaint will be added to a public NHTSA database only after we remove all information from complaint fields that identify you personally.

Government analysts review each complaint in a timely fashion. If warranted, the Office of Defects Investigation (ODI) will open an investigation to determine if a safety defect trend exists. Some of these investigations result in safety recalls.

While you may or may not be contacted by a NHTSA-ODI investigator to clarify the information submitted, all reports are reviewed and analyzed for potential defects trends. <------we need more than my complaint to show a trend!!!! Please help me here :-)

How to file a claim:

Via Web
    Begin online form (https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/Vehicl...nt/index.xhtml )

Via Mail
    Request PDF form by email (https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/portable/index.cfm )

Via Phone
    File a Complaint for Child Seats, Tires, Equipment, Vehicles
    Monday-Friday (8 am to 8 pm ET)
    (888) 327-4236 TTY: (800) 424-9153

Thanks!!!

~Tina~
    sube5186 likes this.

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD
    Has anyone tried pulling the battery for a few hours? Couldn't hurt to try.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2011_SRX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 SRX

crump13, I clicked on the link you provided because I was curious to review the NHTSA online form. I soon became interested in researching complaints about my model year, 2011. You may want to return to the NHTSA site and review this Complaint: Date Complaint Filed: 02/22/2013; Component(s): POWER TRAIN Date of Incident: 12/18/2012; NHTSA ID Number: 10499666.
    Just perform the "ID number search" and search for Complaints and enter 10499666 and you will find this complaint. The SRX in question is a 2011 and Turbocharged, but the hesitation issue may have similarities to your issue.
    Complaints provide interesting reading because several of the complaints on the NHTSA site have been discussed on this forum, i.e. poor headlights.
    Good luck correcting the problem.
    crump13 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011_SRX View Post
    crump13, I clicked on the link you provided because I was curious to review the NHTSA online form. I soon became interested in researching complaints about my model year, 2011. You may want to return to the NHTSA site and review this Complaint: Date Complaint Filed: 02/22/2013; Component(s): POWER TRAIN Date of Incident: 12/18/2012; NHTSA ID Number: 10499666.
    Just perform the "ID number search" and search for Complaints and enter 10499666 and you will find this complaint. The SRX in question is a 2011 and Turbocharged, but the hesitation issue may have similarities to your issue.
    Complaints provide interesting reading because several of the complaints on the NHTSA site have been discussed on this forum, i.e. poor headlights.
    Good luck correcting the problem.
    I have read that complaint. I went back several model years and have reviewed all complaints, recalls and investigations on the SRX. When I came across that one It seems similar and it only occurred in the turbocharged engine option of the 2011 model. I plan on bringing that to the attention of my dealer for their review. The problem is that they never figured out what the issue was with that and why it was occurring. They just accepted it as an issue and let it continue to occur, which is something I will not do.

Thanks for the info and taking the time to go to the NHTSA website.

:-)

~Tina~

Quote Originally Posted by adamjeeps View Post
    Has anyone tried pulling the battery for a few hours? Couldn't hurt to try.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    I took my car to the dealership for them to troubleshoot the issue. I did not disconnect the battery to see what that would do. I can check with the service manager to see if they tried that as part of their troubleshooting efforts as they still have my SRX.

~Tina~

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by SRX 2013 View Post
    Our 2013 went to service at less than 1500 miles for the loss of acceleration problem. They replaced the gas peddle. Today at 3000 miles it did it again. It rained on both occasions. It's going back to service on monday. This is a serious and dangerous problem.
    Barry
    Hello Barry,

I apologize that you have experienced this concern twice in your SRX. Do you have any updates from your service appointment yesterday? If you would like to start a file regarding this concern, please feel free to private message me or by sending me an email at socialmedia@gm.com with “ATTN GREG” in the subject line. I hope to hear from you soon.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Asmpprincess is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have a 2013 SRX and I have acceleration issues no one can correct. The car will begin to go and then just stop! I literally almost got his by a car about 30 minutes ago. I have already taken the care into the dealer up here in Roseville, Ca and they cannot duplicate the problem. I called the dealership to let them know the problem happened again, almost resulting in an accident and they said the only thing they can do is drive the car until it happens! WORST CAR EVER. I'm going to trade it in if no one will fix it. Not worth my safety!!!!

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmpprincess View Post
    I have a 2013 SRX and I have acceleration issues no one can correct. The car will begin to go and then just stop! I literally almost got his by a car about 30 minutes ago. I have already taken the care into the dealer up here in Roseville, Ca and they cannot duplicate the problem. I called the dealership to let them know the problem happened again, almost resulting in an accident and they said the only thing they can do is drive the car until it happens! WORST CAR EVER. I'm going to trade it in if no one will fix it. Not worth my safety!!!!
    I completely understand how you feel and every time I hear a new incident of this, it puts more of a fire under me to get this resolved or at least in the hands of an agency that can make GM take action. I think we are all in for a long haul with this issue and trying to get it resolved.

Given the safety issue, if you don't mind taking a few minutes and file a complaint with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration at the link I posted below, that will help us get this issue either resolved or a recall issued.

It takes all of us to rally together to report what GM is trying to sweep under the carpet and keep quiet.

How to file a claim:

Via Web
    Begin online form (https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/Vehicl...nt/index.xhtml )

Via Mail
    Request PDF form by email (https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/portable/index.cfm )

Via Phone
    File a Complaint for Child Seats, Tires, Equipment, Vehicles
    Monday-Friday (8 am to 8 pm ET)
    (888) 327-4236 TTY: (800) 424-9153

Thank you,

~Tina~

Asmpprincess is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Tina,

Submitted. I will not wait long for this issued to be resolved. I will trade the car in before I allow my safety to be compromised. I should have gone with Lexus.

~Kelly
    crump13 likes this.

Tina,

Submitted. I will not wait long for this issued to be resolved. I will trade the car in before I allow my safety to be compromised. I should have gone with Lexus.

~Kelly
    Kelly,

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a complaint!! Even if it doesn't get resolved before you trade it in, there is record of your issue. I hope the more complaints that we get the faster/sooner a resolution or recall will happen.

I am right there with you, as I will not let this go on and on either. I will move forward with the lemon law act on my third visit to the dealer with this issue. I absolutely LOVE my SRX but when you feel that your life is at risk every time you sit in the driver's seat and fear driving it, it takes all the joy out of driving or even owning it.

How long have you had your SRX and when did you first experience this issue? How many miles did you have on the car when it first occurred? I am trying to gather data to help try an solution this as well.

Thank you very much for you help in this.

~Tina~

----------

Tina,

~Kelly
    The funny thing is that when I was deciding on my next vehicle it was between the Lexus RX 350 and the Cadillac SRX, so I know how you feel. The Lexus was the front runner for a long time and then I drove the SRX and the fact that the dealership was much closer to me and more convenient, and the over all styling of the Cadillac is what made me move from Lexus and go with Cadillac.

~Tina~

mjf

Tina,

~Kelly
    I feel the same way. I just filed my complaint with the nhtsa.
    crump13 likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.