2013 srx gas pedal question - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2013 srx gas pedal question in Cadillac SRX Forums; The problem with forums like these is that you never hear the other side, if indeed there is another side. ...
    '12CTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX AWD Premium
    The problem with forums like these is that you never hear the other side, if indeed there is another side. Some people just like to stir the pot and make wild accusations without proof. Most of the time I feel people are just seeking attention and relief from their pitiful humdrum lives. Oh well, it's a free country. Just my two cents. I'm going back to my own pitiful humdrum life now.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Maxplot is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium ATS 3.6 - Crystal Red, 2013 SRX Platinum Ice

Re: 2013 srx gas pedal question

Quote Originally Posted by mjf View Post
    Ok here is the latest--they think they have found the solution to the hesitation, lack of acceleration, and the seat vibrating/car braking with nothing around--they said that the front camera that feeds into the main computer was loose and that it could be causing all of the above because it thought there was something there when there wasn't and the computer would not allow any acceleration. Hopefully, this will be the fix.
    We just purchased a new 2013 SRX in Performance trim, Platinum Ice with Brownstone interior last night. So, I was driving home from the dealer in my ATS behind my wife in the new SRX and she came to a stop at a light. I stopped right behind her. I notice that a car is turning left, coming from the right in the intersection just in front of my wife and at that time our light turns green. Obviously, this car ran the light. My wife does not see this car and starts accelerating and the car running the light was just now almost right in front of her. I am starting to freak. My wife slams on the brakes. From my vantage point, I thought she hit the car. But fortunately the car continues to make its left turn and no contact was made. My wife in the SRX just sits there not moving for what I think is 3-5 seconds. I figure she is accessing how badly she soiled her pants, but then she finally starts moving. Within a minute she figures out how to place a call to me from the SRX and tells me the SRX would not move. She pushed down on the gas and it would not accelerate at all for the time I mentioned.

So, we will keep an eye on this. I suspect it has something to do with the proximity sensors and forward camera thinking an obstacle was in the way and keeping the throttle from working momentary.
    crump13 likes this.

crump13 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance Black Raven/Ebony w/Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by Maxplot View Post
    So, we will keep an eye on this. I suspect it has something to do with the proximity sensors and forward camera thinking an obstacle was in the way and keeping the throttle from working momentary.
    I have been following this thread and that was the first thing I was thinking....an issue with the proximity sensors and the vehicle thinking there is an obstacle in approaching stopping the throttle from functioning. I would like to know if those that have experienced this issue has that feature on their vehicles. I do not have the forward sensing auto braking feature (not sure the exact name of that option) so I am curious if those experiencing this issue has that option on their vehicle.

~Tina~

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS AWD 3.6L Performance - Phantom Grey Metallic

I do have Adaptive Cruise and Collision Alert, but have not experienced this issue.
    When you turn your car on, does it return the favour? '14 Cadillac ATS Performance 3.6L AWD in Phantom Grey Metallic and Morello Red Interior -ARRIVED!!

**Cadillac Owners Forum RULES & Guidelines**

*Cadillac CANADA Online Manuals***Cadillac USA Online Manuals & Guides*

Maxplot is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium ATS 3.6 - Crystal Red, 2013 SRX Platinum Ice

Quote Originally Posted by crump13 View Post
    I have been following this thread and that was the first thing I was thinking....an issue with the proximity sensors and the vehicle thinking there is an obstacle in approaching stopping the throttle from functioning. I would like to know if those that have experienced this issue has that feature on their vehicles. I do not have the forward sensing auto braking feature (not sure the exact name of that option) so I am curious if those experiencing this issue has that option on their vehicle.

~Tina~
    Tina, our new SRX does not have the ACC as an option. We tried to reproduce what happened in a parking lot last night by starting from a stand-still, accelerating momentarily and slam on the brakes, then try to accelerate. No problem. We could not reproduce what happened with the car that ran the red light. Perhaps the front sensors/camera picked up the car ahead that night and took response away from the gas pedal. If that is the case I am ok with that. It just took too long to give control back after the car had passed.

blackngold is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

I have a 2013 SRX base. There are no proxy sensors or cameras, so I do not beleive this is the problem. Additionally, I do not beleive any of the safety features "stop the gas pedal from functioning". This issue has happened about 10 times to me and the dealer was unable to replicate the problem. I truely believe that this problem is a safety issue. I strongly encourage you to contact your dealership with this issue. Please expalin that it was not a mere 0.5 sec to second with no response from the gas pedal, but rather multiple seconds (around 5 sec).

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by blackngold View Post
    I have a 2013 SRX base. There are no proxy sensors or cameras, so I do not beleive this is the problem. Additionally, I do not beleive any of the safety features "stop the gas pedal from functioning". This issue has happened about 10 times to me and the dealer was unable to replicate the problem. I truely believe that this problem is a safety issue. I strongly encourage you to contact your dealership with this issue. Please expalin that it was not a mere 0.5 sec to second with no response from the gas pedal, but rather multiple seconds (around 5 sec).
    Hello blackngold,

I apologize that you have experienced this concern with your SRX multiple times and that the dealership wasn’t able to recreate the concern. I would be more than happy to speak to your dealership regarding this concern to gather some additional information or set you up with a second opinion at another dealership. You can reach out to me via private message or by email at socialmedia@gm.com with “ATTN GREG” in the subject line if you would like to further discuss this concern. I will be on the lookout for your messages.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

mjf
    mjf is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx 2013

I just got my srx back a little over a week ago they replaced the camera that controls the proximity sensor.(they said a camera code popped up). However, this did not remedy the situation--it did it again Friday. I will be seeking legal advice next week (the problem has occurred too many times). I too feel like this is a safety issue as I have almost been in numerous accidents as a result of this malfunction.

Quote Originally Posted by blackngold View Post
    mjf,

I purchased a brand new 2013 SRX in July. At 3100 miles I had a very similar experience that you explained in the this forum. At a stop light I was turning right. The car pushed me forward into the intersection and then I lost acceleration for 5-7 seconds. At this point I could push the gas pedal to the floor and the car would not respond. The car stalled. After 5-7 seconds the car 're-engaged' and the gas pedal responded. Since then it has happened about 10 times, currently 6100 miles. In my most recent experience I was almost hit by a car going 50+ mph while I was making a right on red. This left me shook-up and prompted me to take the car to the dealership immediately.

The dealer 'test drove' the car for about a week and 'could not replicate' the problem. They want me to take the car back because they say there is not a problem. THIS CAR IS A DEATH TRAP and I am unwilling to compromise my safety because they cannot solve the problem. You seem to be further along in the process and I would like to know it you have reached a solution or where this problem stands.

I was told BY THE DEALER to file a formal complaint and seek legal advice.

Thanks
    Terry Judkins and crump13 like this.

njacobsen is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX AWD Premium, Xenon Blue, 20" Chrome

I had the dead accelerator happen to me this morning for the first time. I have just turned over 14,000 miles.

My 2013 Premium AWD has Driver Awareness but I do not think that was to blame because there was absolutely nothing in front of me and the warning lights did not illuminate. I came to a stop at a stop sign and immediately accelerated, rather pressed on the accelerator expecting to accelerate, but there was no movement. After about one second or slightly less, the vehicle started to accelerate and then shut down again. The second acceleration and everything was back to normal. I was going straight so turning is not involved.

It took me by surprise and I needed to check the car to my left so I did not have time to look at the tachometer to help determine if it was engine or transmission related. It felt like the computer did not know I depressed the accelerator.

My wife has not experienced this sensation since before the transmission update which was about 9 months ago.

I have not had ECO on for nearly 2000 miles so that is not to blame. By the way, my fuel mileage has not changed with and without ECO. Performance is better without.

We will be watching for this to happen again and hopefully can look at the tachometer in time.

I had a dream last night that I was pulling out into traffic and my SRX stopped in the middle of the turn and would not go. I was pressing on the gas pedal and wasn't moving and I was watching the cars in my lane come closer and closer while I was pounding on the gas pedal and then I woke up.... I guess I need to stop reading this forum before I go to bed.....

****AGAIN THIS WAS ONLY A DREAM AND NOT AN ACTUAL SITUATION****

~Tina~

ezed1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 77sev(Trd)82Eld(died)92sls(Trd)99sls(Trd)03dts(Trd)07sts13sr

I had a dream last night that I was pulling out into traffic and my SRX stopped in the middle of the turn and would not go. I was pressing on the gas pedal and wasn't moving and I was watching the cars in my lane come closer and closer while I was pounding on the gas pedal and then I woke up.... I guess I need to stop reading this forum before I go to bed.....

****AGAIN THIS WAS ONLY A DREAM AND NOT AN ACTUAL SITUATION****

~Tina~
    LOL WOW a nightmare :-) I guess someone is going to have to have a accident :-(before GM decides its a problem! SMDH!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ezed1 View Post
    LOL WOW a nightmare :-) I guess someone is going to have to have a accident :-(before GM decides its a problem! SMDH!!!!
    I hope they figure out what the issue is before people get hurt. I have never experienced this with my SRX but every time I pull out into traffic I think of this and give myself extra time in the event my car doesn't respond as expected.... I only have 1300 miles on my SRX and have only had it since Oct 31st 2013 but reading this thread has me paranoid about my car. With all of the reports of this happening it is hard to think it is a coincidence. There has to be something causing this and it is hard to have complete confidence in my vehicle knowing this could happen to me on day.

~Tina~

Well, I guess my dream was more of a premonition of sorts... I had the acceleration issue occur on Thanksgiving day. I guess I can be thankful that I wasn't in an accident due to it...I was driving down a residential road at about 25mph when I came to the stop sign at the end of the road where I was turning right. There were two cars ahead of me and one car behind me. We all stopped at that stop sign and the cars ahead of me went their way, I coasted up to the stop sign and looked to the left and it was clear and then proceeded to turn right (I might have made a "rolling" stop at that stop sign, I can't remember if I came to a full stop or coasted up to it and then took off, if I did stop it was very brief), I pressed on the gas and it very slowly moved me into the lane and then stopped, it would not move at all. I depressed the gas all the way down and nothing happened. I didn't hear the engine rev as if it was in neutral or anything, it was just like it was dead. I didn't see any indicator lights on the dash but I was more concerned with the fact that I had a car behind me that I was concerned was going to rear end me as he was expecting me to continue moving as I turned into the road. After about 4 seconds the car finally responded and took off. I had the gas pedal all the way down so when it finally engaged my tires squealed and I took off.

So here are the details.... Time of incident was 4:02pm on 11/28/2013 and the car had 1521 miles on the ODO and a full tank of gas. I had just left a friend's house so I had only driven the car about 1.5 miles at most when it occurred. The outside temp was 64 degrees. I didn't let the car warm up much as I just got in it and then took off. My car is a 2013 Performance model and I do not have driver's awareness, adaptive cruise or collision alert.

After experiencing this, I *think* this is a transmission related issue of some sort. The engine didn't rev when I pressed the gas so it was complete disabled for approximately 4 seconds after the car moved me into the road, which is the dangerous part. If the car didn't move me forward into the road and it just didn't respond at the stop sign that wouldn't be nearly as bad but it moves you about 5 feet into traffic and then stops responding for about 4 seconds and if there was an on coming car I would have been hit.

There have been several reports of this happening on this forum in which Cadillac Customer Care is well aware of this issue as they are monitoring this forum but I have not seen or heard of anyone in Cadillac taking action with this situation that will one day cause someone to have an accident and be injured or even die. Given the number of reports on this forum, I can only suspect that there are many more that have been reported directly to the dealers that are not members of this forum. I don't even want to let my niece ride in my car with me after this has now happened to me. It doesn't seem like Cadillac is the least bit concerned with trying to find the cause of this issue. It is obvious that there is something wrong somewhere in these cars (particularly the 2013). I completely understand that this situation is a random occurrence and it is hard to diagnose but if I was Cadillac I would have a task force team on this issue researching every complaint regarding the acceleration issue to pin point the problem before someone is hurt or dies. I wonder if the CEO of GM would feel safe driving a vehicle that may randomly stop in the middle of an intersection and be completely disabled for approximately 4 seconds and hope that there are no on coming cars barreling at them while they are sitting there disabled.

This is CLEARLY a safety issue and Cadillac needs to be proactive about this issue not reactive after someone dies.

~Tina~

njacobsen is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX AWD Premium, Xenon Blue, 20" Chrome

Well, I guess my dream was more of a premonition of sorts... I had the acceleration issue occur on Thanksgiving day. I guess I can be thankful that I wasn't in an accident due to it...I was driving down a residential road at about 25mph when I came to the stop sign at the end of the road where I was turning right. There were two cars ahead of me and one car behind me. We all stopped at that stop sign and the cars ahead of me went their way, I coasted up to the stop sign and looked to the left and it was clear and then proceeded to turn right (I might have made a "rolling" stop at that stop sign, I can't remember if I came to a full stop or coasted up to it and then took off, if I did stop it was very brief), I pressed on the gas and it very slowly moved me into the lane and then stopped, it would not move at all. I depressed the gas all the way down and nothing happened. I didn't hear the engine rev as if it was in neutral or anything, it was just like it was dead. I didn't see any indicator lights on the dash but I was more concerned with the fact that I had a car behind me that I was concerned was going to rear end me as he was expecting me to continue moving as I turned into the road. After about 4 seconds the car finally responded and took off. I had the gas pedal all the way down so when it finally engaged my tires squealed and I took off.

So here are the details.... Time of incident was 4:02pm on 11/28/2013 and the car had 1521 miles on the ODO and a full tank of gas. I had just left a friend's house so I had only driven the car about 1.5 miles at most when it occurred. The outside temp was 64 degrees. I didn't let the car warm up much as I just got in it and then took off. My car is a 2013 Performance model and I do not have driver's awareness, adaptive cruise or collision alert.

After experiencing this, I *think* this is a transmission related issue of some sort. The engine didn't rev when I pressed the gas so it was complete disabled for approximately 4 seconds after the car moved me into the road, which is the dangerous part. If the car didn't move me forward into the road and it just didn't respond at the stop sign that wouldn't be nearly as bad but it moves you about 5 feet into traffic and then stops responding for about 4 seconds and if there was an on coming car I would have been hit.

There have been several reports of this happening on this forum in which Cadillac Customer Care is well aware of this issue as they are monitoring this forum but I have not seen or heard of anyone in Cadillac taking action with this situation that will one day cause someone to have an accident and be injured or even die. Given the number of reports on this forum, I can only suspect that there are many more that have been reported directly to the dealers that are not members of this forum. I don't even want to let my niece ride in my car with me after this has now happened to me. It doesn't seem like Cadillac is the least bit concerned with trying to find the cause of this issue. It is obvious that there is something wrong somewhere in these cars (particularly the 2013). I completely understand that this situation is a random occurrence and it is hard to diagnose but if I was Cadillac I would have a task force team on this issue researching every complaint regarding the acceleration issue to pin point the problem before someone is hurt or dies. I wonder if the CEO of GM would feel safe driving a vehicle that may not randomly stop in the middle of an intersection and be completely disabled for approximately 4 seconds and hope that there are no on coming cars barreling at them while they are sitting there like disabled.

This is CLEARLY a safety issue and Cadillac needs to be proactive about this issue not reactive after someone dies.

~Tina~
    Tina...this does not sound like a transmission issue by the way you descirbed in very good detail what happened and what you heard. If it were transmission, you would have heard the engine rev in response to the accelerator. It sounds more like a fuel management issue where the computer does not respond to the change in accelerator position. There is a position sensor on your accelerator pedal that causes the computer to open the throttle plate and increase the fuel flow to the injectors. Either the throttle plate is not being moved or there is no increase in fuel made available to the injectors.

Quote Originally Posted by njacobsen View Post
    Tina...this does not sound like a transmission issue by the way you descirbed in very good detail what happened and what you heard. If it were transmission, you would have heard the engine rev in response to the accelerator. It sounds more like a fuel management issue where the computer does not respond to the change in accelerator position. There is a position sensor on your accelerator pedal that causes the computer to open the throttle plate and increase the fuel flow to the injectors. Either the throttle plate is not being moved or there is no increase in fuel made available to the injectors.
    That makes sense... I just figured transmission thinking it stuck between downshifting and/or upshifting and wouldn't engage properly but what you said seems to make more sense.

:-)

~Tina~

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.