2013 srx gas pedal question - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree45Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2013 srx gas pedal question in Cadillac SRX Forums; Humm I have also had this issue and it could be very dangerous getting stuck in the middle of a ...
    ezed1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 77sev(Trd)82Eld(died)92sls(Trd)99sls(Trd)03dts(Trd)07sts13sr

Re: 2013 srx gas pedal question

Humm I have also had this issue and it could be very dangerous getting stuck in the middle of a turn, in the turning lane with on coming traffic, they really need to look into this and come up with a fix before somebody gets into an accident!!!!! I have a 2013 SRX luxury 2300 miles it has happen to me at least three times :-(
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

mjf
    mjf is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx 2013

Laura,
    My car is currently at the dealership so I do not have the vin. It is back in for the lack of acceleration again. Last week it had the lack of acceleration at an intersection again (scary). I do not use eco mode at all. It has 2900ish miles on it.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by mjf View Post
    Laura,
    My car is currently at the dealership so I do not have the vin. It is back in for the lack of acceleration again. Last week it had the lack of acceleration at an intersection again (scary). I do not use eco mode at all. It has 2900ish miles on it.
    Hello mjf,

Thank you for letting me know. Please keep me updated after you hear back from your dealer again.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by ezed1 View Post
    Humm I have also had this issue and it could be very dangerous getting stuck in the middle of a turn, in the turning lane with on coming traffic, they really need to look into this and come up with a fix before somebody gets into an accident!!!!! I have a 2013 SRX luxury 2300 miles it has happen to me at least three times :-(
    I am sorry you are experiencing an acceleration issue with your 2013 SRX, ezed1. I understand your concern for this. Have you brought your vehicle into your dealer yet? I would like to assist you while working with the dealer. Please private message me and include your full contact information, VIN and current mileage. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

mjf

well, I talked with the dealer today and they cannot duplicate the acceleration problem at this time. However, they were able to duplicate one of my other problems--the seat vibrating and the red light in the windshield blinking, and braking when there is nothing in close proximity. Hopefully that will be fixed on this trip.

well, I talked with the dealer today and they cannot duplicate the acceleration problem at this time. However, they were able to duplicate one of my other problems--the seat vibrating and the red light in the windshield blinking, and braking when there is nothing in close proximity. Hopefully that will be fixed on this trip.
    Hello mjf,

Thank you for updating the thread. I apologize the acceleration issue is unable to be duplicated, but am glad your other issues were duplicated. If you want to further discuss your situation with us, please contact us via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

mjf

Ok here is the latest--they think they have found the solution to the hesitation, lack of acceleration, and the seat vibrating/car braking with nothing around--they said that the front camera that feeds into the main computer was loose and that it could be causing all of the above because it thought there was something there when there wasn't and the computer would not allow any acceleration. Hopefully, this will be the fix.

Ok here is the latest--they think they have found the solution to the hesitation, lack of acceleration, and the seat vibrating/car braking with nothing around--they said that the front camera that feeds into the main computer was loose and that it could be causing all of the above because it thought there was something there when there wasn't and the computer would not allow any acceleration. Hopefully, this will be the fix.
    Hello mjf,

I am hoping this will be the fix for you also. I appreciate you taking the time to update the thread and keeping me informed of the progress. I will continue to be on the lookout for additional updates from you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Bejay is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX AWD Luxury

I only use ECO mode on the expressway when you are not constantly accelerating. Seems to work out well with gas mileage, and better driving in regular mode for city type driving.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by njacobsen View Post
    I have noticed a lack of power when accelerating from a low speed turn such as driving in traffic. When JohnnyBzSRX mentioned always driving in ECO mode I decided to experiment because our SRX is also always in ECO mode. After his post I turned off ECO and have been very pleased with the performance change in non-ECO mode. It has been more than a week and I have not experienced the same lack of acceleration experienced in ECO mode which is likely due to the modified transmission shift points and fuel management when decelerating and the transition to acceleration. I do not know all of the details for ECO mode, but I recall reading that it includes an aggressive fuel cutoff during deceleration and I know the transmission upshifts at lower RPM's and likely downshifts at lower relative speeds.

I keep track of all gasoline purchases and a running calculation for fuel mileage. I will be able to compare the fuel economy with and without ECO mode.
    I only use ECO mode on the expressway.

mjf

Well it is back in the shop again for lack of acceleration, seat vibrating/brakes applying for no reason, and for the bluetooth not working correctly. They say the code for a camera is pulling up this time and that my iphone 5s is not compatable. This is the last time I am taking it in before I file for a LEMON LAW RETURN. This is absolutely ridiculous. I have had the car since July and it has been in the shop over 5 times and NONE of the problems are resolved. THe dealership has been doing their best to reslove the problem but I am convinced that this is a LEMON.

Well it is back in the shop again for lack of acceleration, seat vibrating/brakes applying for no reason, and for the bluetooth not working correctly. They say the code for a camera is pulling up this time and that my iphone 5s is not compatable. This is the last time I am taking it in before I file for a LEMON LAW RETURN. This is absolutely ridiculous. I have had the car since July and it has been in the shop over 5 times and NONE of the problems are resolved. THe dealership has been doing their best to reslove the problem but I am convinced that this is a LEMON.
    Hello mjf,

I apologize that you are still experiencing issues with your SRX. I completely understand the frustration with reoccurring issues. I definitely would like to look into your situation for you. Could you provide us with your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership you are working with in a private message so we can look further into the situation? I hope to hear from you soon.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

muschany is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

My husband's iPhone 5 works with his new 2013 SRX. Could it be the carrier? His is AT&T.

Kmohler is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX
    Quote Originally Posted by muschany
    My husband's iPhone 5 works with his new 2013 SRX. Could it be the carrier? His is AT&T.
    My iPhone 5s, which replaced a 4s, works just fine in my '12 SRX. "It's not compatible" is always such an easy answer.

blackngold is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

mjf,

I purchased a brand new 2013 SRX in July. At 3100 miles I had a very similar experience that you explained in the this forum. At a stop light I was turning right. The car pushed me forward into the intersection and then I lost acceleration for 5-7 seconds. At this point I could push the gas pedal to the floor and the car would not respond. The car stalled. After 5-7 seconds the car 're-engaged' and the gas pedal responded. Since then it has happened about 10 times, currently 6100 miles. In my most recent experience I was almost hit by a car going 50+ mph while I was making a right on red. This left me shook-up and prompted me to take the car to the dealership immediately.

The dealer 'test drove' the car for about a week and 'could not replicate' the problem. They want me to take the car back because they say there is not a problem. THIS CAR IS A DEATH TRAP and I am unwilling to compromise my safety because they cannot solve the problem. You seem to be further along in the process and I would like to know it you have reached a solution or where this problem stands.

I was told BY THE DEALER to file a formal complaint and seek legal advice.

Thanks

ezed1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 77sev(Trd)82Eld(died)92sls(Trd)99sls(Trd)03dts(Trd)07sts13sr

Blackngold
    i'm curious do you switch from econo on/off to manual shift ,sports mode, etc alot? i ask because it seems like since i've taken it off econo mode and don't manual shift at all i havent had the problem reoccur, -------yet that is :-/ also so when down shifting it speeds up for a second or two and i dont like that at all!!!!!!

blackngold is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

I never use 'eco mode' and I never use sport mode. This is not the problem. This is a safety defect and GM does not have a solution. GM does not care about your safety.

I will not increase the risk of myself getting into an accident that has the potential to change my life forever because GM does not want to spend the time or money to correct this defect.
    crump13 likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.