2013 srx gas pedal question - Page 2
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 222
Like Tree45Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2013 srx gas pedal question in Cadillac SRX Forums; and overheated brakes? Not to be argumentative, but I think people who learned to drive manual transmissions are BETTER at ...
  1. #16
    Huey Driver is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ELR
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Age
    51
    Posts
    276

    Re: 2013 srx gas pedal question

    and overheated brakes?

    Not to be argumentative, but I think people who learned to drive manual transmissions are BETTER at using right foot for brake/accel. They're used to having their left foot hovering over the clutch. I am 50 and found that people who learned in my era tended to use left foot on brake because they had never dealt with a clutch...
    And I dont consider myself 'older'. Maybe just older than 40.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  2. #17
    westham is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX Luxury
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles CA
    Posts
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by Huey Driver
    and overheated brakes?

    Not to be argumentative, but I think people who learned to drive manual transmissions are BETTER at using right foot for brake/accel. They're used to having their left foot hovering over the clutch. I am 50 and found that people who learned in my era tended to use left foot on brake because they had never dealt with a clutch...
    And I dont consider myself 'older'. Maybe just older than 40.
    I agree with Huey Driver and Adamjeeps.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  3. #18
    carbeck is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX AWD Premium, previously 2011 AWD Luxury
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    118

    Re: 2013 srx gas pedal question

    Quote Originally Posted by mjf View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I had not thought about calling onstar when it happened-- and the first time it happened I went straight to the dealer but made the mistake of turning off the car. Live and learn. I appreciate the help.
    No problem. Ironically, yesterday, while accelerating up to highway speed, our service Stabilitrak light activated. I pulled over, reset the ignition, and all has been good since.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  4. #19
    NewCaddysrx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2

    New 2013 SRX Problem

    Has anyone has this problem? The wife is following me home from the dealer with the new car. Wife said to me when we got home, there is something wrong with the car. When I stopped at the stop sign, I stepped on the gas pedal and the car moved forward about two feet into the intersection and stopped. I stepped on the gas pedal harder and nothing happened. I placed my foot on the brake and then back to the gas pedal and the car moved. Ok now the stupid part, I said, what did you do? All of the married man out there can relate to my comment. Now two weeks later I am driving the car and we are at the same intersection. Same thing happens to me. Ok maybe there is a problem. I turn around and go back to the intersection several times. Nothing happens. Several weeks later it happens again to the wife when she is pulling out of the driveway. In all three cases there is no check engine light or any other indicator that there is a problem. Now the car is at the service department. Service calls me yesterday and said we can’t find anything wrong with the car. Need help so I can tell the service department what to look at.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  5. #20
    carbeck is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX AWD Premium, previously 2011 AWD Luxury
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    118

    Re: New 2013 SRX Problem

    Sounds like this:

    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-question.html

    May be related to bulletin PI0090C from 2010-2011 models, but not guaranteed.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  6. #21
    carbeck is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 SRX AWD Premium, previously 2011 AWD Luxury
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    118

    Re: 2013 srx gas pedal question

    Just wanted to point out that we now have a new thread - http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...x-problem.html - that is reporting basically the exact same issue. So you can pretty safely toss out the idea of the OP pressing both pedals at the same time.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  7. #22
    NewCaddysrx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2

    Re: 2013 srx gas pedal question

    mjf
    Has this issue occurred again? It happened to me three times before I took it in for service. Service department can't find anything wrong with the car.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  8. #23
    JohnnyBzSRX's Avatar
    JohnnyBzSRX is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX FWD Performance - Xenon Blue / Shale-Brownstone
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Posts
    155

    Re: 2013 srx gas pedal question

    A couple of times I've noticed that when coming to a "rolling" stop, when stepping on the gas to proceed it seems like very little power is available right away and there is some delay between when stepping on the accelerator and the car actually begins to accelerate. It almost seems as of the transmission hadn't quite completed its downshift to 1st gear and it attempts to take off in 2nd and doesn't get enought torque to the wheels to pull the car like normal. I usually drive in "ECO" mode, so I don't know if that aggrivates this behaviour (slower downshifts?).
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  9. #24
    Cadillac Cust Svc's Avatar
    Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    11,268

    Re: 2013 srx gas pedal question

    Quote Originally Posted by NewCaddysrx View Post
    mjf
    Has this issue occurred again? It happened to me three times before I took it in for service. Service department can't find anything wrong with the car.
    I am sorry you are experiencing issues with your SRX, NewCaddysrx. I understand your frustration with not having this issue located by the service department at the dealer. If you would like to further discuss your situation with us, please reach out via private message. Gregory and I monitor the Cadillac forums and are here to assist. In the message please provide your contact information, VIN, current mileage and the name and location of the dealer you have worked with.

    Sincerely,

    Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

    ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBzSRX View Post
    A couple of times I've noticed that when coming to a "rolling" stop, when stepping on the gas to proceed it seems like very little power is available right away and there is some delay between when stepping on the accelerator and the car actually begins to accelerate. It almost seems as of the transmission hadn't quite completed its downshift to 1st gear and it attempts to take off in 2nd and doesn't get enought torque to the wheels to pull the car like normal. I usually drive in "ECO" mode, so I don't know if that aggrivates this behaviour (slower downshifts?).
    Hello JohnnyBzSRX,

    I am sorry you are experiencing a delay of power with your gas pedal. If you would like to discuss this with us, please let us know so we can assist. We can help locate a nearby dealer and set up a vehicle diagnosis for you. Contact us via private message and include your contact information and VIN. We look forward to hearing from you.

    Regards,

    Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  10. #25
    mjf
    mjf is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): srx 2013
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    27

    Re: 2013 srx gas pedal question

    Sorry about the delay getting back to you. YES this has happened to me multiple times (more than 5 times). I have been to the dealer with it 5 times with it but they only kept it twice. They offered to keep it or ride with me the other times but I did not see the point since the problem is intermittent. They keep telling me that it cannot be duplicated. I have even taken it straight to the dealer when it happened less than a mile from the dealer and did not turn the engine off (so it would not reset) and no code would pull up then. So frustrating. I am Very strongly considering getting rid of this car even though I will take a loss. I do not feel safe when this problem keeps occurring. I wish I could be more help.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  11. #26
    Jarson's Avatar
    Jarson is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX4 Premium, Xenon Blue, Driver-Assist
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    7

    Re: 2013 srx gas pedal question

    I also have had this happen, although it only happened once. It was not me using both feet.. I was at a stop sign, and hit the gas to go, and nothing happened, pressed down harder and nothing happened, then the car lurched forward. Was kinda scary. I did not remember if there were any warnings on the dash. It has not happened again, and I completely forgot about it when I took it in for the first 7500mi service.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  12. #27
    njacobsen is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX AWD Premium, Xenon Blue, 20" Chrome
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New Berlin WI
    Posts
    120

    Re: 2013 srx gas pedal question

    I have noticed a lack of power when accelerating from a low speed turn such as driving in traffic. When JohnnyBzSRX mentioned always driving in ECO mode I decided to experiment because our SRX is also always in ECO mode. After his post I turned off ECO and have been very pleased with the performance change in non-ECO mode. It has been more than a week and I have not experienced the same lack of acceleration experienced in ECO mode which is likely due to the modified transmission shift points and fuel management when decelerating and the transition to acceleration. I do not know all of the details for ECO mode, but I recall reading that it includes an aggressive fuel cutoff during deceleration and I know the transmission upshifts at lower RPM's and likely downshifts at lower relative speeds.

    I keep track of all gasoline purchases and a running calculation for fuel mileage. I will be able to compare the fuel economy with and without ECO mode.
    ezed1 likes this.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  13. #28
    adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    699
    We gave up on eco mode. Gaining slight mpg not worth the erratic and jerky shifting. Much better performance in normal mode.

    Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  14. #29
    Cadillac Cust Svc's Avatar
    Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    11,268

    Re: 2013 srx gas pedal question

    Quote Originally Posted by mjf View Post
    Sorry about the delay getting back to you. YES this has happened to me multiple times (more than 5 times). I have been to the dealer with it 5 times with it but they only kept it twice. They offered to keep it or ride with me the other times but I did not see the point since the problem is intermittent. They keep telling me that it cannot be duplicated. I have even taken it straight to the dealer when it happened less than a mile from the dealer and did not turn the engine off (so it would not reset) and no code would pull up then. So frustrating. I am Very strongly considering getting rid of this car even though I will take a loss. I do not feel safe when this problem keeps occurring. I wish I could be more help.
    Hello mjf,

    I understand your frustration due to your current situation. I would like to further discuss this with you. Please contact me via private message and include your full contact information, VIN, current mileage and the name and location of the dealership you have been working with. I look forward to hearing from you.

    Sincerely,

    Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  15. #30
    Cadillac Cust Svc's Avatar
    Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    11,268

    Re: 2013 srx gas pedal question

    Quote Originally Posted by njacobsen View Post
    I have noticed a lack of power when accelerating from a low speed turn such as driving in traffic. When JohnnyBzSRX mentioned always driving in ECO mode I decided to experiment because our SRX is also always in ECO mode. After his post I turned off ECO and have been very pleased with the performance change in non-ECO mode. It has been more than a week and I have not experienced the same lack of acceleration experienced in ECO mode which is likely due to the modified transmission shift points and fuel management when decelerating and the transition to acceleration. I do not know all of the details for ECO mode, but I recall reading that it includes an aggressive fuel cutoff during deceleration and I know the transmission upshifts at lower RPM's and likely downshifts at lower relative speeds.

    I keep track of all gasoline purchases and a running calculation for fuel mileage. I will be able to compare the fuel economy with and without ECO mode.
    Thank you for sharing this information, njacobsen. I am glad you have been pleased with the performance change in non-ECO mode. I apologize for difficulties with acceleration you and others experienced while in ECO mode. Don't hesitate to contact us via private message if you ever need assistance.

    Sincerely,

    Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting