2013 srx gas pedal question - Page 12
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes
Cadillac SRX Second Generation Forum - 2010+ Discussion, 2013 srx gas pedal question in Cadillac SRX Forums; It's been a short while but so far no issues since I stopped braking with my left foot. I am ...
    RoyC80 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance AWD

Re: 2013 srx gas pedal question

It's been a short while but so far no issues since I stopped braking with my left foot. I am by no means convinced and will report back periodically.

Thanks,

Roy C
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Maxplot is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium ATS 3.6 - Crystal Red, 2013 SRX Platinum Ice

"I'd say it isn't as isolated as you would think. there is only a small percentage of owners that would actually look on the web for issues like this and post in forums. for the amount of people here there is ALOT more out there that are experiencing the issue without voicing their displeasure here. how many people had to die before gm was forced to acknowledge the ignition switch issue. our group is only a matter of time before enough bad things happen that cant be blamed on the driver to make it a priority to fix. happened twice to us in the last 3 days. scares the crap out of you"

If it has happened to your twice in a short time frame, and you being a former mechanic, what were the conditions during your episodes? Did you come to an abrupt stop? An abrupt stop followed by a turn? Did you slow down but not come to a complete stop, followed by a turn? Did you have Econ mode on?

RogerBClark is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hi cadi4marie,

I am sorry to hear about your acceleration issue. If you would like to discuss it, feel free to PM me you VIN and pertinent info. Have a great day.

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    PM sent.

klh95 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I got word from the service manager at the Cadillac dealer here in Texas that there is a new program out (or on its way out) to fix the problem we're experiencing. My SRX has been in the shop for two weeks - took it in two weeks ago for a remote start issue. The service manager called last week and said they were going to go ahead and keep it until they got the program, which they thought would be today or tomorrow. You all might as your service people about it.
    crump13 likes this.

brent.tierney is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 srx luxury, (69 sdv, 70 sdv, 72 sdv, 76 cdv past)

Quote Originally Posted by klh95 View Post
    I got word from the service manager at the Cadillac dealer here in Texas that there is a new program out (or on its way out) to fix the problem we're experiencing. My SRX has been in the shop for two weeks - took it in two weeks ago for a remote start issue. The service manager called last week and said they were going to go ahead and keep it until they got the program, which they thought would be today or tomorrow. You all might as your service people about it.
    Music to my ears!
    Can you get the version number of the program and post it?
    thanks.......b

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maxplot View Post
    [I]

If it has happened to your twice in a short time frame, and you being a former mechanic, what were the conditions during your episodes? Did you come to an abrupt stop? An abrupt stop followed by a turn? Did you slow down but not come to a complete stop, followed by a turn? Did you have Econ mode on?
    Economy mode has never been on . fairly normal stop (normal for me), one left turn, two right. have been many aggressive stops and starts trying to purposefully cause the issue, but no luck. ( I do check and make sure that my girlfriend isnt taking a sip of her tim hortons before trying, at least now i do) instinct telling me it is part of some retarded programming scheme to prevent low speed collisions, some of the data i found indicate that 2013 was the first year for this new "advanced" driver aid. the radar used to warn you of an oncoming vehicle when backing up reaches pretty far, and i have to admit is kind of cool. it only is designed to send a ping and flash the warning in the rear view camera. couldn't find any mention of what it does to avoid a low speed collision in the front. it could be picking up vehicle moving somewhere and is trying keep you safe by preventing you from driving out into a collision, while at the same time scaring the crap out of you. don't get me wrong, love the car, love the Cadillac brand, been around it my entire life, but this issue sucks, and is really something that needs to be fixed

Any chance you have (or can get) the TSB number or whatever the program is?

Quote Originally Posted by RogerBClark View Post
    Any chance you have (or can get) the TSB number or whatever the program is?
    I don't have it . . . I haven't gotten my vehicle back yet. But when I do, I'll ask them and and let you know.

adamjeeps is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD

It should be listed on the invoice when they complete service.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

crump13 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance Black Raven/Ebony w/Ebony

I have been out of town for a few days and I just saw this post. This is great news. What Cadillac service dept in Texas? I would like to get my service department to call them to get this info directly.

I have have thought it was bad code in for the transmission so not sure what program they are updating but I'm guessing it has something to do with the transmission.

~Tina~

The dealership is Jerry's Cadillac in Weatherford, Texas. I still don't have my SRX back, so the program may not be out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by crump13 View Post
    I have been out of town for a few days and I just saw this post. This is great news. What Cadillac service dept in Texas? I would like to get my service department to call them to get this info directly.

I have have thought it was bad code in for the transmission so not sure what program they are updating but I'm guessing it has something to do with the transmission.

~Tina~
    crump13 likes this.

The dealership is Jerry's Cadillac in Weatherford, Texas. I still don't have my SRX back, so the program may not be out yet.
    Thanks for the info. I just would like to get this info to my Cadillac service manager so he can inquire about the service bulletin that was issued that stated there is a fix for this issue. Thanks for updating this thread with this info. It is great news if this new programming fixes this.

~Tina~

I don't have it . . . I haven't gotten my vehicle back yet. But when I do, I'll ask them and and let you know.
    I'm going to have my service manager call yours, would you mind saying (or PM to me) your name so I can reference who's vehicle they're working on?
    crump13 likes this.

My dealer now seems to be aware of the Re-Program that is coming. He now has two vehicles here in West Palm Beach reporting the issue and has been in touch with the field engineers. According to him, they tell him it has something to do with knock. It appears that under light acceleration, if knock begins, the system is removing all (or at least too much) timing resulting in no power. He told me there will be a re-program of the computer available soon, but that it has not been released yet due to having to be approved by DOT. My wife's car is going in on Thursday to check for any codes that might have been thrown and also to have a recording device installed. We decided to go ahead with this since we don't know when the re-program will be available (or if it will solve the issue).
    crump13 likes this.

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

I was curious as to how a thread with a title "gas pedal question" could have 177 replies. Now I see: It's MAJORLY off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    I was curious as to how a thread with a title "gas pedal question" could have 177 replies. Now I see: It's MAJORLY off topic.
    This entire thread is discussing the original posters issue with the loss if acceleration tjat they experienced and those that have experienced the same issue. Maybe the title of this thread could have been different but at the time this thread was started no one knew this was such a widespread issue and the best description the OP had was a gas pesal issue.

I think pretty much the entire thread is explaining, troubleshooting, and/or discussing how to properly file a complaint through the proper channels on this type of safety issue.

~Tina~

----------

Quote Originally Posted by RogerBClark View Post
    My dealer now seems to be aware of the Re-Program that is coming. He now has two vehicles here in West Palm Beach reporting the issue and has been in touch with the field engineers. According to him, they tell him it has something to do with knock. It appears that under light acceleration, if knock begins, the system is removing all (or at least too much) timing resulting in no power. He told me there will be a re-program of the computer available soon, but that it has not been released yet due to having to be approved by DOT. My wife's car is going in on Thursday to check for any codes that might have been thrown and also to have a recording device installed. We decided to go ahead with this since we don't know when the re-program will be available (or if it will solve the issue).
    I got thinking about issues that would cause an engine to knock and I know that lower grade gas could cause knocking. I am wondering if those that have experienced this more frequently have a gas station they frequent that has lower than rated gas which could cause this knocking situation to happen more frequently.

I am no mechanic so those with more knowledge of what can cause knocking please chime in. I know gas can do it along with other situations will cause your engine to knock but I am just grasping at straws to see why some people have experienced this more often while others haven't at all.

~Tina~

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.